T Nation

How Easy Is It to Get Published?

This article baffles me, apparently bench presses are cheating movements because more than 1 muscle has to do work.

Do they even read what is submitted before it’s published at bb.com?

That is easily the worst article I’ve read.

It’s easily the most disturbing one next to the article on BMEextreme about self castration.

Probably the worst article I’ve ever read in my life.

Here are the reviews:

[quote]Magnate wrote:

This article baffles me, apparently bench presses are cheating movements because more than 1 muscle has to do work.

Do they even read what is submitted before it’s published at bb.com?[/quote]

I don’t know if it was this exact article, but similar shit was up here some time ago. It is fantastically bad.

I’ve always said I’ve never gotten dumber from reading anything, but damn was that close.

That was funny. Check out some of his other articles, he has a serious hard-on for Vince Gironda.

That’s not the first time I’ve seen blatantly wrong advice being given out on bb.com, but that article truly leaves me speechless. This guy has been a trainer for over 25 years and this is the best he can come up with? It’s like taking advice from a senile, penniless drunk on how to improve my life.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
That was funny. Check out some of his other articles, he has a serious hard-on for Vince Gironda.[/quote]

Yeah but nothing tops this little number on “Water: The Most Important Element of All”

PS It isn’t an element :frowning:

[quote]jedidiah wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
That was funny. Check out some of his other articles, he has a serious hard-on for Vince Gironda.

Yeah but nothing tops this little number on “Water: The Most Important Element of All”

PS It isn’t an element :-([/quote]

Unless you are Captain Planet.

“You also put your thumbs around the bar (which should never be done, you should always use a palm grip)”

This is the worst article I have ever read. It should be deleted, and the computer it was written on should be destroyed.

I love it! That article really broke up the day for me. Reminds me of a quick story:

In the gym with my (O-lifting) coach one day. In comes Joe Bodybuilder making a racket screaming, doing hack squats, leg presses, extensions, etc. I’m squatting.

Doing doubles. Did 200 kg. for a double. Just in a t-shirt and shorts. End of the workout after snathches and cleans and jerks. He laughs at me. Out loud. And hard. I blow it off. My coach gets pissed. Tells him to name his lift and I’ll beat him in it, today or any other day.

He chooses…get ready…the leg press! And he wants to do it right now 'cause he’s working them in his superset. We go. He makes it to 600 x 6. Screaming. Farting. Actually yelling, ‘YEAH! YEAHHHHHHHHHH!’, like Randy Savage between each rep. I went up to 1010 x 3.

I got a lecture about being on steroids (never have been) and about how using that much weight is bad. Then he told me I didn’t have the physique to be a bodybuilder…like him. Ooooooookay.

Sweet revenge came two weeks later when he was doing the same workout but added in back squats! The 63 kilo FEMALE lifter we trained with was there and did a nice triple at 120 kg.

He failed after one rep with 245 (110) kg. with knee wraps and belt. I laughed out loud but the best part is that she (a very hot, hot, HOT girl) laughed harder, just about right in his face. Good times. Good times.

LMAOROTFL!!!

Man, this is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while. Please tell me it’s a joke?

Wow, there’s some gems in that article…

“Once you arch your back and get your feet in a planted position, primarily the exercise is inner deltoid. When you do this, you are using your biceps and triceps. So you’re using roughly six muscles to so-call lift the weight, never really developing any muscle, never shaping or sculpting it.”

“Plant your feet on the floor; arch your back and immediately you are using the terrous major”

Okayyyyy, not even talking about his in-depth knowledge of kinesiology or anatomy, what’s his deal with the weghtlifter vs bodybuilder thing?

This guy’s been at this for 25 years? Sheeesh! What does it take to get published? The real question is, what does it take to be considered a guru for 25 years and you can’t even spell teres major right?

“If you start to do squats, you will get a large rear-end that will never, never go away.”

My favorite.

On the discussion page about the article, the author’s picture is posted on page 2, explains a lot about how he could write this.