How Does Your Lifting Session Take?

45-75 minutes. i try to keep it around 45 beacause natural testosterone peaks at 20, but sometimes you just gotta go longer. it depends on rest time im using too

50-70 minutes. Lower body days usually take longer.

45min to 90 min

'bout an hour and fifteen here, sometimes longer.

I’m pretty liberal with my rest periods, though. I don’t keep a stopwatch and worry about 60 seconds here or 90 seconds there, but instead worry more about getting back under the bar when I feel I can get a good set in (within reason, of course).

Between 35 and 60 minutes but I will lower the intensity after 40 minutes and focus on structural balance movements.

Between 45-90 min. It just depends on what I’m doing that day and I always time my rest between sets. I do work out in a crowded gym though, so sometimes when I’m closer to 90 min, it’s due to being forced to wait for equipment.

About 90 minutes to 2 hours. I rest for about 1.5-2 minutes between sets and 3 minutes between different exercises.

I do 2 body parts a day and legs/abs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. back/arms and legs/abs takes the longest.
chest/shoulders is the fastest.

I don’t have problems with burning out, only on leg day really, on which I’ve nearly passed out a few times and throws up in my mouth… legs are tough.

For upper body, I have more energy the longer I go. On back/arms day, I’ll be done with all of my sets and just feel like I can and need to do more and go do more bent over barbell rows, Lat pulldows, and chins while maintaining a high intensity.

[quote]Artem wrote:
About 90 minutes to 2 hours. I rest for about 1.5-2 minutes between sets and 3 minutes between different exercises.

I do 2 body parts a day and legs/abs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. back/arms and legs/abs takes the longest.
chest/shoulders is the fastest.

I don’t have problems with burning out, only on leg day really, on which I’ve nearly passed out a few times and throws up in my mouth… legs are tough.

For upper body, I have more energy the longer I go. On back/arms day, I’ll be done with all of my sets and just feel like I can and need to do more and go do more bent over barbell rows, Lat pulldows, and chins while maintaining a high intensity.[/quote]

lol once after a 20 rep breathing squat set I reracked the bar and started to walk towards the bench but just fell down halfway there.

Pretty embarrassing considering the hot female demographic was at the gym that day in force.

2-3 hours when time permits.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:

lol once after a 20 rep breathing squat set I reracked the bar and started to walk towards the bench but just fell down halfway there.

Pretty embarrassing considering the hot female demographic was at the gym that day in force.
[/quote]

You should have thrown up and played the sick puppy angle.

Currently my rouine for losing some bodyfat typically breaks down like so:

15 min warmup
60 min weights
10 min abs
5 min sauna
25 min steady state cardio

If I were working more for size and strength the weight session could last longer especially if I’m going for a 1RM and the abs/sauna/cardio may only be done during 1 workout per week or not at all.

I started back training the other week and I’m pretty much only training back / legs.

workouts last 2 hours, I train every other day, I do not fuck around or talk to anyone. If I’m not lifting I’m resting 1-2 minutes for my next set.

I usually drink a 50g prot/50g carb drink with about 50g oats 20 mins before the workout OR I drink 2 powerades during the workout and this gives me enough energy to get me through it.

I usually feel sick/feint on the end of my leg days, sometimes back days if I do deadlifts. The Powerade helps a ton though.

Gains have been incredible, gone up 10lbs in past 2 weeks and I have visible abs already.

Only time I’d ever train 30-40 mins was if I had to rush somewhere and was doing arms. I honestly don’t see how you can give a session your all if you only spend 30 minutes doing it (Unless you are only doing biceps for that day).

When first started out 3 hours, big mistake.

Realized training INTENSE for max hour and half to maybe 2 hours was more then enough. That includes stretching.

Usually 60-70 mins. weights along with 10-15 minuites warming up (3-4 minutes cardio,10 minutes light sets/getting joints lubricated)

Used to do the gym for 3 hrs, too. What can I say, it was the first six months of lifting and I was 17

45 minutes to 1 hour tops.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Mine are usually 30-40 mins, I would say closer to 30 most of the time.

Just curious how long it takes others.

I know I see some guys at the gym, and they’ll do weights literally for 2 hrs. Now, I know that is a lot of BSing and stuff, I just can’t imagine spending 2 hrs lifting weights.[/quote]

most of the guys who dare spend an excess of 2 hours at a time usually burn out before a month. either that or they see no results.

[quote]AmandaSC wrote:
45 minutes to 1 hour tops.[/quote]

thank you for another text book answer