How Does This Workout Look?

I’m so overwhelmed with the information on this site, so I’ve tried to place bits and pieces to come up with this routine.
Basic theres four workouts a week, consisting of 2 upper/lower splits. One of the upper/lower split workout focuses more on lower reps and compound exercises. While the other upper/lower workout focuses on higher reps and some speed strength exercises. Its basically a modified hybrid of 5x5, heavy/light day, and west side. I need some feedback, I feel so confused

So here it is:

Upper day 1 (heavy):
Dips 5x5
Pullups 5x5
Incline Bench press 3x-12
Incline rows 3x12
Floor press 3x12
Shrugs 3x12

Upper day 2 (light/speed)
Speed Bench press 60% rm 8x3
Speed reverse bodyweight rows 8x3
Incline flyes 3x12
Pullovers 3x12
Hammer Curls 3x10
Tricep Extensions 3x10
Pushup AMAP
Pullups with assistance AMAP

*For lower body I’m trying to bump my deadlift up
Lower body day 1 (heavy)
Deadlifts 5x5
Squats 3x8
Overhead barbell lunges 3x8
Hip abduction 3x12 *My knees tend to cave in when I deadlift/squat that’s why I added this in
Planks/Ab wheel/side bends

Lower body day 2 (light/speed)
Speed deadlifts 60%rm 6x2-3
Speed box squats 5x2-3
Dumbell swings 3x10

Any feedback/input is welcomed

The most important thing you forgot to mention is your goal for this program. Is it designed to make you strong, big or cut. This is the first thing you must decide when writing a program.

You’ve taken bits like you said from different places and ended up with an unbalanced routine for any goal.

For example you have your Heavy day with 22 sets, two different rep ranges which isnt too bad but you explained that you’re using lower reps, and your horizantal pressing outweighs horizontal pulling.

Your LIGHT day has even more sets than your heavy day,but it is more balanced out exercise wise. The speed exercises might only be at 60% but the point of speed benches is to put the maximal amount of force into the bar so it isnt neccessarily easier.

Now I know there is a crapload of info on this site but there are articles that help you design programs and what good programs have in common. All you need to know is where to look.

First off, give these articles by CT a read about basic program design.

Seems like you have too many exercises per workout. It’s also a pretty bad idea to have squats and deadlifts in the same session.

The overwhelming amount of information is OVERRATED. Remember that there are no magic programs. There are thousands of people who don’t read this or any other website and just put their heart into it and get big. While millions try to follow high tech programs and stay the same all their lives. It’s a mistake to try and take bits and pieces and slap them together. You should be learning to use your own mind and feedback.

Getting big and strong muscles isn’t all that complicated if you have the drive and necessary amounts of food. You grow simply because of excess calories. Weight training and cardio are just there so that those excess calories turn into mostly muscle and instead of mostly fat. So getting the perfect program with all the recommended exercises and set/rep combinations should NOT be emphasized. Focus on getting six meals every single day instead.

My goal is to get big for my upper body and strong for my lower body. So I guess I should just focus on a traditional bodybuilding (high volume) for upper body and 5x5 for lower body?

If i reduced the no. of sets for the workouts, could it potentially workout? Yea, pun intended.

It can work out even with all the current flaws if you go by feel to not overstrain your body and eat enough food.

I just want to emphasize that you should make adjustments as you go.

Here’s my modified lower volume routine:
Upper day 1 (heavy):
Dips 5x5
Pullups 5x5
Incline Bench press 3x-12
Incline rows 3x12

Upper day 2 (light/speed)
Speed Bench press 60% rm 8x3
Speed reverse bodyweight rows 8x3
Incline flyes 3x12
Pullovers 3x12

*For lower body I’m trying to bump my deadlift up
Lower body day 1 (heavy)
Deadlifts or squats 5x5
Overhead barbell lunges 3x8
Hip abduction 3x12 *My knees tend to cave in when I deadlift/squat that’s why I added this in
Planks/Ab wheel/side bends

Lower body day 2 (light/speed)
Speed deadlifts or box squats 60%rm 6x2-3
Dumbell swings 3x10
Ab work

Just do it and see if you like performing it. Large amounts of food and lifting weights while focusing on muscle tension is the key to bodybuilding. How you set that up is your personal preference. You’ll develop that preference more by doing and less by reading articles. Good luck.

Looks good for a beginner to intermediate routine. As you get more advanced you wont be able to handle all that work. Also, you may want to pick a few main lifts that your are trying to really advance in.