T Nation

How does this Boxing Gym Sound?

It’s a “non-for-Profit” all-Volunteer gym to keep kids off the streets and out of trouble. It’s a pretty ghetto looking gym but the people training there seem very helpful and united.

I don’t know much about the competitions so here is what they have produced as far as champions:

2004 “ringside” world champion

2006 metro & eastern U.S. Regional Champion

2001 New york Golden Gloves 178lb Novice Champion

U.S.A. heavyweight-201 lb for PAM-AMERICAN GAMES

2006 United States Heavyweight 201 lb Champion

There is way more but I don’t feel like typing all of them.

oh and it’s $215 for the whole year :P.

It sounds real good to me. The place I went when I was young was run by a cop for kids that had been in trouble mostly. He has since actually worked with guy’s that have held titles. It’s pretty standard stuff for beginners…footwork drills, jump rope, combination work, heavy bag, speed bag, bolo bag, maybe some calisthenics and running, after a couple of months some sparring.

[quote]GDI Inc wrote:
It sounds real good to me. The place I went when I was young was run by a cop for kids that had been in trouble mostly. He has since actually worked with guy’s that have held titles. It’s pretty standard stuff for beginners…footwork drills, jump rope, combination work, heavy bag, speed bag, bolo bag, maybe some calisthenics and running, after a couple of months some sparring. [/quote]

Yea, I’m going to finally sign up.