How Does My Workout Program Sound?

eat more. why isn’t everyone in this thread harping on this? EAT MORE.

You could literally do almost anything in the gym and get stronger if you eat enough, at this level. You actually don’t even NEED a program, although a program is a good idea for accountability.

I would be willing to bet that if you ate enough, you’d actually get stronger even if you didn’t touch any weights. That’s how under-fed you are.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Olympic-2-Inch-Weight/dp/B00306V44C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532037073&sr=8-3&keywords=2.5+pound+plate
^Set of 2.5’s for 12 bucks right there.

https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Standard-Weight-1-25-Pound/dp/B002BRAN66/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1532037144&sr=1-4&keywords=1.25+lb+plates
^Set of 1.25’s for 3 bucks.

That’s 15 bucks. I know you’re a kid and can’t always scrape money together but 15 bucks is not “expensive”. I was in the same situation when I started at the gym. Carried these little plates in with me every day.

One less excuse now kid. Start working.

1 Like

I think he might be in another country given the metric system stuff

Of course, easily avoidable if you sign up for a well equipped gym.

1 Like

Here, in my country the price for micro weights is $100 (USD) for just a pair of 1.5 kgs

Exactly, it’s 100 USD per pair. Here everything, from gym memberships to supplements to equipments, everything is way more expensive than any other country. In the US, it’s relatively cheaper as majority of gym stuff is manufactured there so you don’t have to pay duty charges

I’d rather look for a new gym where they have micro weights

But I still have to workout. I was 48 before and now I’m 54 (kgs) but I don’t see much of fat. However I have gained some muscle mass. If I just ate, it’d probably be just fat. When I first touched the weights I realised I’m pretty weak because of my injury. If I never did so, I’d regret. I’m glad I did it at 16, now my hand seems to get back into shape and I’ve actually progressed. I’ve improved my isolation as well as compound lifts. But for further improvement, I needed a program that focused more on compound lifts but not completely, and so I’m giving a try for 12 weeks and maybe even more to the above given routine OH and yes, the injury was so bad, that it completely changed the shape of my hand.

@flipcollar didn’t say to not workout. He said the most important part of all this is that you have to eat. This is true and it’s kind of amazing nobody suggested you eat. You CAN do any program and have gains because you’re a teenager and you’re tiny. You could do full body, upper/lower, push/pull/legs, bro split, it won’t matter. You could go in and work up to a terrible looking max on bench every day while only doing curls as an accessory and you’d make gains. Don’t do that, but you’re overthinking this. Which is why you should listen to @isdatnutty because he’s putting a stop to all this ridiculous overthinking and taking the guesswork out of your routine. Now someone is bringing up your nutrition, and you’re worried about getting fat. See a pattern here? How many 100 pound people accidentally get fat?

Yeah, I understand that. I know as a newbie I will make gains no matter what I do. Coming to my nutrition, I’ll add high caloric stuff like nuts and peanuts. I’ll count my calories and make sure I’m consuming 3000 calories, doing compound lifts, curls, and bodyweight stuff like pull ups, basically be following the above mentioned program!

Whether you have microweights or not has absolute zero bearing on whether you can gain lean mass.

Adding weight is only one way to progress. And progress is they key to adding muscle mass.

Pick a weight. That’s why I said START LIGHT. You may not feel like you are working out hard for the first few weeks and that’s ok. The weights will get heavy soon enough.

If you can only do the bar for your first workout that’s ok. You have plenty of room for growth and progress then.

As a beginner I wouldn’t ramp up in weight (that’s just my personal opinion).

You have to first build habits. Build the habit of not missing days in the gym and not missing reps.

And trust me EAT. I said eat 3 big meals a day. If you are lifting and not missing days, if you are conditionining or running those other 2 days, I PROMISE you will not get fat. You may not have abs for a bit, but that’s ok. You are trying to build muscle first and overtime the abs will come as well. You don’t have to overthink all of this right now. Just do the basics, they will take you 90% of the way to your goals.

Somewhat paradoxically, this is excellent advice.

3 Likes

You are overstating the importance of micro weights; you’ll be just fine without them. I’d venture that most lifters have never had access to them. I certainly haven’t and I did ok.

1 Like

What country has ~1000% tariffs on micro weights? I think I could start a profitable micro weight smuggling business if anyone is interested.

4 Likes

I bought some a few years ago and experimented with microprogression.

I have since donated them to the gym, which lets you know how the experiment turned out.

1 Like

No photo evidence…jus’ sayin’ haha

1 Like

You mean they weren’t your secret to having 6-pack abs as an octogenarian?

2 Likes

haha, I said “ok,” not good. No one needs to see a photo of ok…

1 Like

No, I got those a long time ago. You know, back in my weightlifting days.

3 Likes

I’m also curious to know the nature of your arm injury. Proper rehab might be more of a priority than curls and tricep extensions