How Does My Workout Program Sound?

Wait so you mean I shouldn’t do 5x5…then tell me what should I do?

I linked you two articles that tell you soup to nuts exactly what to do. Read them.

1 Like

Alright

Guys, I’m really confused… Plz help

So, I’m recommended a SL 5x5 workout by many. Some recommended me a Upper, lower body workout. All of these workouts have one thing in common, 4 days of rest… 3 days of workout, this is exactly what I don’t want… I want a 5 day or a 6 day split… I’m skinny, been lifting for 3 months, 118 pounds, 5’5, can’t bench a lot, deadlift is not a problem…my arms don’t respond that much to compound lifts… I need to do isolation movements to grow them…and I really want to follow a routine like this:-
Monday:- Chest and triceps
Tuesday:- back and biceps
Wednesday:- rest
Thursday:- Legs, shoulders , traps, calves and hams
Friday:- Weak lifts. At this moment it’s bench press, so I will practice my bench press on Fridays to improve that lift…
Also I’m growing muscle on such splits, and SL 5x5 will turn me into a powerlifer , not what I’m looking for… I don’t know what’s the scientific reason of not following this split?
I can even list all the exercises, sets and reps i perform if you want…Also, my gains could probably be newbie gains but any reason behind not following this split? Full body workouts are not my thing because I am the world’s least busy person… I just feel shitty when I take too many rest days.

Do what you want. At your level, you could probably do the same lifts every day and still make progress. So if it makes you happy to follow the plan you laid out, by all means do so.

Who? I asked this before and you didn’t answer.

On forums… The bodybuilding forum… People recommend Fierce 5, SL 5X5…

Don’t listen to people on forums. Find accredited sources and listen to THEM.

Don’t leave your fate up to democracy and the majority. That is insane.

At this point, this just isn’t true. I don’t know why you keep trying to start new threads to ask the exact same question, but there’s no reason to do that. That’s why I keep combining them with this one.

At your current size, you need to focus much more on eating than you do on training. You’ve been given many good programs to choose from. Pick one and follow it exactly as written. Do not try to create your own plan or “improve” a pre-written program.

You need to eat more than you’ve been eating. 3 months ago, you barely weighed over 100 pounds. That’s ridiculous and legitimately unhealthy. You’ve gained some weight so far and that’s a good start, but you need to keep going after it.

You’re an underweight teenager with the resources of this site at your disposal. You’re in the kind position to build size and strength that most guys dream of and your body is a physical sponge right now and will respond phenomenally if you do things right.

Get in your mind that you’ll need to weigh at least 140 pounds (64kg) or more to look “aesthetic”, and then do the work to get there by the end of this year. It is without a doubt 100% possible if you actually focus and put in the work.

1 Like

So… The question is… Is my workout okay? My routine isn’t designed by myself. I used to have a personal trainer who recommend me the exercises I’ve just shifted the order of muscle groups to workout…he’s certified btw, but he never recommend me a routine like 5x5…

Like I said.

Dude we told you your workout sucks. Personal trainers suck too - I know, I used to be one. You’ve honestly given @T3hPwnisher a pretty big middle finger by this point, especially considering I think he can deadlift like 6x your bodyweight. Don’t take this the wrong way, but how could you know what works for your body at 118 lbs? At least pick a program written by somebody stronger than you.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to…im just frustrated and I overthink. I know y’all stronger than me… Fine, I’ll follow his routine… But…fine…so, like there really aren’t any 5 day splits for beginners?

Dawg, just do 5x5. If you’re benching less than bodyweight, of course your arms wont respond to that. Check back once you’ve worked up to 225x5 or so.

I recommend any of Fierce 5 (great if you don’t really want to focus on deadlift), SL 5x5, 5/3/1, and Texas Method? Don’t know what to pick? Try them all - pick one, devote 3 months to it, pick another, devote 3 months, etc.

You won’t ruin anything by adding a few sets of direct arm work, but at your size and experience level, its kind of a waste of time. But if you enjoy direct arm work and thats what gets your ass to the gym, do it at the very end once you’ve gotten your compounds out of the way.

EDIT: If you do whats @isdatnutty said, you’ll be BEAST. I did a similar program when I started out and it worked great. I wish I had done something like that at 16

2 Likes

Let me help you out.

STEP 1 - Do this routine for 12 weeks and don’t miss a single day. Only add weight when you can hit the written rep range.

MONDAY
Back Squat - 5x5
OH Press - 5x5
Barbell Rows - 5x10
Abs - 5x10
Curls - 5x10

WEDNESDAY
Deadlift - 5x5
Bench Press - 5x5
Chin-Ups - 50 total reps
Dips - 5x10
Lunges - 5x10

FRIDAY OR SATURDAY
Front Squat - 5x5
DB Press - 5x8
DB Row - 5x10
RDL - 5x10
Abs - 5x10

STEP 2 - Eat 3 meals a day. Each meal should have a protein source, carb source, fat source, and a TON of veggies.

STEP 3 - Pick 2 days a week and go run, play basketball, etc. Do something that gets your heart rate up and has you breathing hard.

STEP 4 - Don’t read ANYTHING online for these 12 weeks. Just do exactly what I wrote down! Don’t even post here or ask questions unless you posting videos to make sure your form looks good.

STEP 5 - I PROMISE that after 12 weeks you will be stronger, bigger, and in MUCH better shape then you are right now if you follow steps 1-4. Take it from a previous over-thinker. People were getting big and strong WAY before the internet was invented.

7 Likes

Thanks. I’ll convince my fucked up brain to get used to not going to to the gym everyday! I’ll read nothing on the internet related to workout routines, I’ll stick to it and keep you updated. BTW, it’s usually recommend to add 5lbs to your lifts every week when trying to increase lifts but I don’t really have microweights and they’re really expensive online. So I can improve my lifts without microweights too right? Like I’ll HAVE to take 10 to 12 pound jumps

10lbs on OHP and Bench can be a big difference, but feel it out. You might have to hang out at a weight and increase one set at a time.

You can go to the gym everyday, but lift 3 days a week, condition 3 days a week, and stretch out (yoga) 1 day a week. That’s all 7 days for you.

Don’t add 5lbs a week. Once you can hit lets say 5x5 for a given weight, and 10lbs and then stick to that weight until you can hit that 5x5 2 workouts in a row. Then repeat. In 3 months you should be able to add 30lbs to all your lifts total. That’s is progress. Don’t try to rush the weight on the bar.

Alright… Also I’m a lacto vegeterian so 50 percent of my protein comes from incomplete sources, is that fine?

1 Like

Um… What do u mean my ‘conditioning’ 3 days a week?