How Does CP Train Adductors?

i know he doesn’t use adductor machines, and I know squats aren’t enough, how does Poliquin like to train the adductors?

Hmmm…maybe…you should ask him! =o

Sumo deads should hit them pretty well.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Hmmm…maybe…you should ask him! =o[/quote]

WHY DONT YOU?

let me know what year it is that you actually reach him?

Russian Good Mornings:

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=870

I’m assuming they get adequate stimulation from all the compound leg movements he advocates such as squats, deadlifts (conventional, sumo, romanian), step ups, lunges, good mornings, etc.

My knees are caving in a bit on heavy front squats. For this reason, I, too, am interested in strengthening my adductors. Do you really think Good Mornings are the best way to go?

[quote]entheogens wrote:
My knees are caving in a bit on heavy front squats. For this reason, I, too, am interested in strengthening my adductors. Do you really think Good Mornings are the best way to go?[/quote]

Sumo deadlifts are a good move for overall hip muscle strength.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
My knees are caving in a bit on heavy front squats. For this reason, I, too, am interested in strengthening my adductors. Do you really think Good Mornings are the best way to go?[/quote]

knee caving in, isn’t an issue of weak Adductors, rather non-firing glute medius (usually)./

do some band x-walks. take a resistance band, stand on it and cross the handles. step to the side for how ever many reps and then repeat the other direction.

you could also do BW squats and have someone push your knees inward, but your goal is to resist them (this will fire the glute med)

Sumo deads like coach trib said. While squats are glute/quad dominant, Deads are hip dominant. choosing a wide base like those of sumo deads will further stimulate the hips. Try to keep your exercises like those in real life movements (deads) instead of the quite girly looking adducter machine ;).

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
entheogens wrote:
My knees are caving in a bit on heavy front squats. For this reason, I, too, am interested in strengthening my adductors. Do you really think Good Mornings are the best way to go?

knee caving in, isn’t an issue of weak Adductors, rather non-firing glute medius (usually)./

do some band x-walks. take a resistance band, stand on it and cross the handles. step to the side for how ever many reps and then repeat the other direction.

you could also do BW squats and have someone push your knees inward, but your goal is to resist them (this will fire the glute med)[/quote]

I also like squats with a band wrapped around your knees. A short band works best, but if you don’t have one of those you could double or triple a mini band.

Split squats are good. I did speed skater squats the other day and my adductors are pretty sore.