How Do YOU T-Bar Row?

hahaha, his form is extremely strict and people are still criticizing

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
this is how i perform my “ghetto” rows. speaking of comments. i call this the hater video. i love reading the things people have to say about me in this one as they sit in their mom’s basement typing away.

- YouTube [/quote]

Those comments are hilarious. I really think think those are your friends just being funny. There’re doing a parody of the kind of comments some people make.

[quote]on edge wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
this is how i perform my “ghetto” rows. speaking of comments. i call this the hater video. i love reading the things people have to say about me in this one as they sit in their mom’s basement typing away.

Those comments are hilarious. I really think think those are your friends just being funny. There’re doing a parody of the kind of comments some people make.[/quote]

that would be funny, but i don’t know any of those people. just more douchebags sucking up oxygen.

I feel it more in my back with option 1, but option 2 has its moments

I probably take an option somewhere in the middle. I don’t stay parallel to the floor, nor do I stand up at an extreme angle. Always making sure to row LOW into my waist ensures that I always feel a strong contraction. I also always prefer to use the 25 lb plates so I can actually pull the weight in hard without being limited in my ROM which occurs when I pile on the 45 plates.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I also always prefer to use the 25 lb plates so I can actually pull the weight in hard without being limited in my ROM which occurs when I pile on the 45 plates.

S
[/quote]

hmmm. i might have to do this. i still really feel it with 45’s, but ROM does feel limited sometimes.

on edge wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:

Those comments are hilarious. I really think think those are your friends just being funny. There’re doing a parody of the kind of comments some people make.

that would be funny, but i don’t know any of those people. just more douchebags sucking up oxygen.
[/quote]

“You lift like a shitty asshole”

Meat, you need to clean up your form so that you lift more like a clean, bleached asshole. Mmmkay?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
on edge wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:

Meat, you need to clean up your form so that you lift more like a clean, bleached asshole. Mmmkay?[/quote]

i hear that you can have that procedure done by a doctor now… i’ll look into it. those are the kind of comments that renew my faith in society.

SteelyD wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
on edge wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:

Meat, you need to clean up your form so that you lift more like a clean, bleached asshole. Mmmkay?

i hear that you can have that procedure done by a doctor now… i’ll look into it. those are the kind of comments that renew my faith in society.

[/quote]

Does it come out kind of whitish? That would be weird. I might do it if I knew I could get a nice pink asshole.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:
I also always prefer to use the 25 lb plates so I can actually pull the weight in hard without being limited in my ROM which occurs when I pile on the 45 plates.

S

[/quote]

I tried to do it with 25 lb plates, but the bar could not hold enough weight. The most was ten 25 lb plates for the bars we had at the gym.

[quote]hawaiilifterMike wrote:
I tried to do it with 25 lb plates, but the bar could not hold enough weight. The most was ten 25 lb plates for the bars we had at the gym.
[/quote]

hmm. well that’s more weight than i use, so i think i’ll be fine with 25’s. I’m usually doing sets of 10 with 3 plates or so.

I probably take an option somewhere in the middle. I don’t stay parallel to the floor, nor do I stand up at an extreme angle. Always making sure to row LOW into my waist ensures that I always feel a strong contraction. I also always prefer to use the 25 lb plates so I can actually pull the weight in hard without being limited in my ROM which occurs when I pile on the 45 plates.

S
[/quote]

Same here with the pulling low into the waist. I feel it much better that way, same with 1 arm db rows

I don’t T-bar row, seems like a poor ROM. However our gym used to have a ‘machine’ for them which looked good but I prefer the chest supported option.

[quote]Boffin wrote:
I don’t T-bar row, seems like a poor ROM. However our gym used to have a ‘machine’ for them which looked good but I prefer the chest supported option.[/quote]

I guess you could argue a poor ROM, but my reply is that i just add a couple of reps, going for sets of 8-10 as opposed to 6 as i do on bent rows. I recently tweaked something in my lower back, and can’t really hold the position for a bent over row well. I’m not really a fan of chest supported rows, i can’t get it to feel natural at all. I get to mostly use my legs to get the weight up into position, so t-bars are working well for me.

I just started them last week and struggled with 3 plates for my last set of 10, and yesterday I did 3plates and a quarter for my last 2 sets, so i feel that i’m getting used to them, and progressing.

Comparing t-bar rows to bent over rows is like comparing flat bench to incline bench. They each have their place, and hit you at different angles. just my thoughts.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
hawaiilifterMike wrote:

hmm. well that’s more weight than i use, so i think i’ll be fine with 25’s. I’m usually doing sets of 10 with 3 plates or so.
[/quote]

I’ve never been one to do this exercise first, not for any real reason other than I prefer to get the more ‘feel’ movements for my back in at the beginning of a session, which sort of primes the whole ‘mind/muscle’ connection (so many people just never learn how to feel their back muscles contracting!).

Also, I’m not worried about throwing up as many plates as I can and looking like Ronnie by the time I get to the t-bar, I’m thinking more along the lines of “minimize elbow flexion, and keep this as an angled shrug”, which I believe has worked quite well for me.

S

Blaze_108 wrote:
hawaiilifterMike wrote:

I’ve never been one to do this exercise first, not for any real reason other than I prefer to get the more ‘feel’ movements for my back in at the beginning of a session, which sort of primes the whole ‘mind/muscle’ connection (so many people just never learn how to feel their back muscles contracting!).

Also, I’m not worried about throwing up as many plates as I can and looking like Ronnie by the time I get to the t-bar, I’m thinking more along the lines of “minimize elbow flexion, and keep this as an angled shrug”, which I believe has worked quite well for me.

S
[/quote]

That is the only time I ever feel like Ronnie - when I do t-bar rows (using only half his weight), lol. Overall I am weak in most movements, especially pressing, so I try to at least do heavy rows if I can, just so my delicate ego can handle high school teens and some women out pressing me every week at the gym. I know it is PATHETIC on my part, but at least it get me to go to the gym consistently.