How Do You "Restart?"

I have read about the possibility of “restarting” a person’s natural testosterone production but was unable to get a clear picture of when this can be applied and what drugs are used from my searches.

When is a restart possible for a person that has never used AAS? What drugs are used and how? How likely is it to be successful?

Look through these search results first: restart+ksman+hpta+serm - Google Search

Several guys have done this never having used AAS. For previous AAS users, same methods.

Read the “advice for new guys sticky” and come back to this thread with some useful information. We need to investigate what the causes of your problem might be.

For AAS users, the method is called post cycle therapy. In that context, there is a lot of bad info that you could find. Stick to this forum.

KSman,

Have you seen any successful restarts take place while you’ve been active on this forum? I’ve looked into it a bit but have never seen anything convincing that restarts are effective. Occasionally I’ll see a guy who claims his restart worked, but he’s basing that off a testosterone test only one month after he gets off the SERM or HCG.

It’s partially the lack of evidence I have seen of effective restarts that has led me to lean towards exogenous T + HCG for treatment instead.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Look through these search results first: restart+ksman+hpta+serm - Google Search
[/quote]

While going through some of those search results I found the following post useful which I include for the benefit of anyone else trying to find the same information.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/ideal_restart_protocol

I will have blood test results in about two weeks when I will post a new thread.

Why isn’t a restart protocol the suggested treatment in any of the guidance from the andrology/urology/endocrinology professional organizations?

[quote]yesnomayed wrote:
Why isn’t a restart protocol the suggested treatment in any of the guidance from the andrology/urology/endocrinology professional organizations?[/quote]

Why do you think it is not? Both the urologist and endocrinologist I saw began a discussion about a restart immediately. Albeit, they noted that restarts are more commonly attempted with younger men as presumably their systems are more elastic and can respond to treatment like this. Nonetheless, my impression is that restarts rarely work, even in younger men. That might be the reason you have not often heard about them as an option.

[quote]celiac wrote:

[quote]yesnomayed wrote:
Why isn’t a restart protocol the suggested treatment in any of the guidance from the andrology/urology/endocrinology professional organizations?[/quote]

Why do you think it is not? [/quote]

I have never seen it in the guidelines from any of the aforementioned societies. I would certainly appreciate references where it is recommended.

Restarts work for younger guys, not old.