How Do You Resist Junk Food?

I look at the fat hog of a woman in the checkout line next to me, then I look in her cart at all the junk food, and then I remember that I like to be able to see my penis. Problem solved, no junk food.

what helped me was once I was talking to a friend of mine and he was telling me how much he liked eating vegetables. I remember commenting to him that I hated eating vegetables. He asked me why I “hated” vegetables since he felt that tasted so good. My dumbbass answer was “cause they don’t taste as good as icecream”. My friend looked at me and straight out said “that’s not the point, vegetables aren’t supposed to taste like icecream”.

That pretty much set me straight.
Nowadays, I use all of the above mentioned strategies. One of the little tidbits of info that helped me was something I read about the other day.

I read that in Japan the word for sweets has lot in common with the meaning of childhood. Their idea is that as you grow up, you should grow out of the need for a lot of sweets and concern yourself with things more maaningful and significant than satisfying your at the moment need.

Either way, thanks for this thread, it is really good.

[quote]Arioch wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:
uberswank wrote:
It took me forever to kick my chip addiction. I solved it by having a steak or hamburger everytime I craved a big bag of chips (which I could finish in about 2 minutes).

Try eating pickles when you seriously crave chips, too. It helps a whole lot.

-dizzle

I found that anything crunchy helps. It might be pickles, carrots, broccoli or even celery. The cool think with celery is that I can dip it in salsa and fool myself into thinking I’m eating chips. Sliced carrots will work as well.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve found pickles to be great. Carb and calorie content is not an issue, so you can pretty much just go to town. As a bonus, the high vinegar content reduces blood-sugar. See here:

&channel=weight.loss&category=diet.strategies&
conitem=baa8117badab8010VgnVCM200000cee793cd____

[quote]MikeShank wrote:

I read that in Japan the word for sweets has lot in common with the meaning of childhood. Their idea is that as you grow up, you should grow out of the need for a lot of sweets and concern yourself with things more maaningful and significant than satisfying your at the moment need. [/quote]

That’s interesting… I like that and will keep that in mind. Do you know where you read that?

I just schedule a cheat day, usauly the last sunday of every month.

It’s like a reward for eating good the other 30 days.

Hey Dark Night,
I am glad to hear that you found that helpful.
The name of the book is “The Hungry Gene” and it is written by Ellen Ruppel Shell.
ISBN# 0-87113-856-5
The quote is on page 213-214
Let me know if that helps. If need be, I can type the quote out for you here but this book should be pretty accessible from your local library.

[quote]Dark_Knight wrote:
MikeShank wrote:

I read that in Japan the word for sweets has lot in common with the meaning of childhood. Their idea is that as you grow up, you should grow out of the need for a lot of sweets and concern yourself with things more maaningful and significant than satisfying your at the moment need.

That’s interesting… I like that and will keep that in mind. Do you know where you read that?

[/quote]

i just man up.

I ask myself if that food will help or hurt my body. Pretty easy and it works whether you’re bulking or cutting.

[quote]MikeShank wrote:
Hey Dark Night,
I am glad to hear that you found that helpful.
The name of the book is “The Hungry Gene” and it is written by Ellen Ruppel Shell.
ISBN# 0-87113-856-5
The quote is on page 213-214
Let me know if that helps. If need be, I can type the quote out for you here but this book should be pretty accessible from your local library.
[/quote]

I checked, and my library has it, so I’ll take a look. Thanks.