T Nation

How Do You Like Your X-Vest?

I was thinking about getting one to wear around daily and promote GPP as well as to use for Dips, pull ups, ect…

For the people that have one, how do you like it and what do you use it for? Right now it’s on sale at Coach Davies website for $149.95 shipped.

Get a dipping belt and save the money for more steaks.

[quote]sawadeekrob wrote:
Get a dipping belt and save the money for more steaks.[/quote]

Hard to walk around with a dipping belt on.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
sawadeekrob wrote:
Get a dipping belt and save the money for more steaks.

Hard to walk around with a dipping belt on.[/quote]

and looks funny as hell…

As for an X-vest looke at getting one, but due to the cost of shipping from the US to australia, even with a local agent the cost is still far more than i want to spend, like in the order of $600 aud plus shipping…

sorry off topic here graeme in oz do u use Biotest supps or does the shipping cost too much im in aus as well.

cheers

I purchased my Xvest through Coach Davies more than a year ago (and it was $169 shipped then - the lowest he’s had it was $145 shipped a few months ago. So the price offered now is great for the 40lb vest).

I like it and highly recommend it. It’s comfortable to wear and is great for chins, dips and other bodyweight exercises. I was amazed at how much more difficult it made a simple walk become with only a few pounds in the vest. Remember that for cardio, plyos and GPP you should never exceed 10% of your bodyweight in the vest. And that will be more than enough once you work up to it.

I have one. A dip belt works much better for dips and chins since the vest reduces your shoulder ROM. I’ve only worn mine when mowing the lawn. I seriously doubt anyone actually wears one all day as they are fairly bulky. I’d recommend you figure out all of the times you’ll use it and whether that amount of use will justify the price. Probably not the best purchase I’ve made.

[quote]ChaseT wrote:
I have one. A dip belt works much better for dips and chins since the vest reduces your shoulder ROM. I’ve only worn mine when mowing the lawn. I seriously doubt anyone actually wears one all day as they are fairly bulky. I’d recommend you figure out all of the times you’ll use it and whether that amount of use will justify the price. Probably not the best purchase I’ve made.[/quote]

I was just going to end up using some old military chest rig, since they are designed to be load bearing, have heaps of pockets, generally fully adjustable, and can be had reasonably cheap…