I grilled myself a t-rex sized ribeye this weekend and was wondering about the following from you guys:
- what's your favorite cut of steak?
- what do you season it with?
- how do you like it done?
- how do you prefer to cook it?
- what sides do you eat with it?
Here are my answers:
- Ribeye, dry aged 2 1/2 weeks
- salt and pepper is all I need, let the beef flavor come out with each bite
- medium rare is the only way to go
- either on a cast iron skillet in a broiler or on a charcoal grill (no lighter fluid, dammit!)
- when I'm eating clean, grilled asparagus, summer squash, and a lightly grilled beefmaster tomatoe lightly seasoned w/ garlic butter and celery salt. When I'm cheating, a loaded baked potato (chives, sour cream, butter, extra sharp cheddar, crumbled bacon), wilted spinach with feta cheese and balsamic glaze.