How Do You Know Your Natural Genetic Limit? Considering First Cycle

Why is that bad? You know you don’t actually get fat from eating fats, right?

1 Like

Your dirtier strategy seems much more enjoyable!

Just upped my cals as my weight is stalling but chose to push fats up a bit as I’m hating 500g of cleanish carbs.

I eat around 300-400g and honestly I have no idea how you guys can fit that much food.

What I am saying about considering the sources—

1. If I haven’t been on this board long enough to know who is considered a credible source, then I take the information given to me and further research it. You scour this board, trying to identify who is maybe a considered an expert, then compare the advice you had received to what that expert may say.

2. It is not necessary to read the entire post history. You are being dramatic. Simply searching this forum or even reading the titles or the posts that have the most replies usually leads to very valuable info. That will lead to another source for information to flush out. For instance- PhsyioLoJacked thread. Tons of replies, very visible, just so happens to be an expert.

3. Is it too much to read post history before considering taking someones advice? I think I read that you yourself researched AAS for what, like 5 years before even taking anything.

Honestly a good homemade shake goes a long way.

500ml milk
100g oats
40g protein
30ml cream or Olive oil.

That’s around 1000cals easy cals.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with the idea that everyone is responsible for their own decisions. I think the main point was that people are ALSO responsible for the things they say. That’s all. The ‘signal to noise’ ratio pwnisher mentioned above is also a very important thing. The more a 15 year old posts on here with bad info, the more the better messages get obscured, or lost. Think about it. If there are 10 shitty posters to every good one on here, it becomes very, very difficult for anyone sifting through this stuff to figure out what is good advice and what is not. So in that sense, I don’t think the posters of bad information should be absolved of any responsibility for disseminating bad advice simply because the people reading don’t HAVE to follow it. That line of thinking excuses all the fake news out there, and I can’t get down with that.

6 Likes

Yup.

To share an ignorant opinion, simply because you have the freedom to do so, is to perpetuate ignorance. Depending on your views, many will consider such an act to be unethical.

2 Likes

Very well said. I agree with the shit posting and diluting aspects. But from my standpoint, if I create a thread asking for advice and some knucklehead says, “Yeah, hop on gear.” That is a worthless statement to me. There is no substance behind it. Someone that is going to give actual advice, would want all the information they could get in order to give their opinion. It would be more in depth and meaningful.

You gonna get us in trouble for hijacking threads if we keep these debates going. lol

2 Likes

So do you and flip think that this conversation we had that sorta hijacked the thread was unethical?

We had the conversation where we gave our opinions just because we could. They offered no direct advice to the OP but they may have addressed some etiquette questions for the board as a whole. Did our signal to noise ratio dilute this whole OP thread?

Were we just unethical ?

It was certainly selfish, but I believe it to be ethical. The conversation was had for the purpose of improving signal to noise ratio. That it failed is unfortunate, but to judge the ethicalness of an action by outcome tends to be a poor approach.

1 Like

I’ve got to ask but of course you dont have to answer. Why the topic of Dr Oz and Jenny in the area of Anti-vaccine? Personally affected? Top of your head? Seems weird that a man such as yourself pulls that out of thin air. I say man such as yourself because the photo you are lifting what appears to be a car but yet you seem very educated and very well spoken. Seems like this Anti-vaccine topic has touched you personally.

I have a 9yr old autistic boy and when we found out, the first thing I questioned was the vaccines. My wife went through a short bout of depression thinking she caused it. I had to have the Dr reassure her that wasnt the case.

Dont mind all the stereotypes that can be inferred. None were

2 Likes

Top of my head. Just big names that are affecting culture with ignorance. You can see them on magazine covers/hear stories in the news.

Seeing diseases that we had essentially eradicated coming back is just absurd.

And yeah, that’s me deadlifting a car, haha. I compete in strongman and read a lot of existential philosophy. I have bizarre interests I suppose.

2 Likes

Deadlifting a car seems like it would have some overlap with Marcus Aurelius.

2 Likes

I find it somewhat Kierkegaardian myself, with elements of Camus’ Myth of Sisiphus and an essence of Nietzsche’s Will to Power.

2 Likes

soooooo you would expect a physically strong person to be mentally weak? Real question. It’s something I’ve heard way too many times on first dates. that I’m ‘a pleasant surprise’ because I’m well read/cultured.

yep. this.

I was exposed to a lot of French writers (Ionesco, Camus, Sartre, Flaubert) early in high school because my French teacher, who I had for 4 years, had been a philosophy major. So a lot of what we read in class was French philosophy. Really enjoyed it, and it had a lot to do with why I pursued it at the University level.

4 Likes

Did you not read the little disclaimer I put at the bottom? I said please Dont mind all the stereotypes that may be inferred. Don’t worry Flip, I believe you are strong and beautiful and SMART.

That is the exact reason I put that. So you guys wouldn’t think I just thought you were huge meatheads.

lol oops. I did miss that

1 Like

Damn meatheads.

^^^ Thats a joke, supposed to be funny.

2 Likes

@flipcollar true story - in residency I was stopping to see a patient and the patients family asked me if I was a janitor. I said - no I’m the doctor - and they said sure you are you look - wait for it - like a huge dumb sonuvabitch. Hahaha.

4 Likes