How Do You Know Your Natural Genetic Limit? Considering First Cycle

No, that was my mouth. I got that a lot. lol

1 Like

LOL, thanks for clarifying. I kept replaying and laughing when I saw it.

Wait - you sure about that?

2 Likes

It’s possible. But I also know that once someone claims sharing an opinion to be an amoral act, they are unwilling to take ownership of their behavior, and we won’t reach an understanding.

There are so many examples of the unethical act of sharing opinions. Dr. Oz and Jenny McCarthy have shown the absolutely damaging effects of opinion sharing.

To just believe that there is some sort of void that opinions go into without repercussions is a convieninent thing to think.

1 Like

I just listened, NO freaking way was that his mouth. That was absolutely a toot.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the first one was his mouth, and then it was a toot as he locked out.

Maybe thats why it moved so fast. it coulda been worse tho :poop:

1 Like

Maybe your right, I never checked my pants after.

2 Likes

I could debate / argue with you for hours. But if people can’t look at the source from where the opinion came from, then make a logical informed decision, that is on them. IF this 24 yr old OP takes the opinion of a 15 yr old and decided to get on Gear, that is on the 24 yr old.

For most part, “normal people’s” opinions don’t carry too many repercussions because they don’t carry weight. They don’t have the audience or following of the masses such as Dr. OZ or Jenny. Kinda comparing apples to oranges.

PS I made sure to take some deep breaths tonite, then type.

2 Likes

For certain; the consequences falls on the implementer. My inquiry is not in that, but in regards to the ethicalness of the opinion sharer.

I suppose we could easily identify where we differ. With the Dr Oz and Jenny McCarthy examples, do you agree with me that them sharing their opinion is unethical, or do you feel it is amoral?

If the latter, then we simply agree to disagree.

Edit: Keeping in mind, this in regards to him saying sharing an opinon is not an ethical action, since that is a general statement.

1 Like

Hey everyone thank you for so many replies I’ve got a few to make myself LMAO

Y’all are so mean to that kid :joy:
I appreciate every comment including the negative ones but no I won’t be taking gear advice from a 15 year old so rest assured
I made the thread asking about genetic limit to get a general idea because I was curious to see if I was either in a plateau and needed to eat more or if I was peaked out which seems to the the consensus that I’m not and need to eat more thank you
In regards to the replies about weighing food and macros I used to actually do that religiously for some time and feel comfortable enough to eye back portions like most do so I am confident in the getting 3k calories a day and I feel pretty dumb for not thinking about the fact 3k calories could possinly be a maintenance amount for me since I’m not gaining will definitely be tracking them better to see the exact amount and then shooting for more
When I asked for macro counts I was thinking more of a ball park, I feel like I need more protein so I wanted to go for 2g per pound and I like to shoot for 300 to 400 g of carbs, I haven’t been tracking fat very closely because it doesn’t affect me the way it does for most if that makes any sense
I tell you what I will sit down today and weight everything out and get a more solid number for macros and calories to let y’all know
Thank you again for everything even the negative stuff, I don’t mind if you be an asshole lol

1 Like

Oh one more thing, any tips of stimulating appetite? Because being a smaller build guy it feels impossible to eat such large amounts without it almost hurting even if it’s smaller portions every 2 hours thanks

As far as Dr Oz and Jenny, it would all depend on what the subject you keep referencing. Just because they share an opinion with their audience doesn’t make it unethical. The content and context of their message is what would determine that. I believe sharing an opinion is an ethical action in a general theory. It could be argued that the kid gave advice to the OP to use Gear to better himself. Not taking into account the ramifications the use of gear has on younger individual.

I dont watch Jenny or Dr OZ. Sorry I am not well versed in their opinions or beliefs.

CBD oils. Not marijuana.

1 Like

Jenny McCarthy is a prominent voice in the anti-vaxer movement, if that helps provide context.

1 Like

Did you know that Trump is anti-vaccine. Well, he is against the use of all in one style vaccines. He is for vaccines but more reasonable size vaccines.

I think Jenny voicing her opinion against vaccines is just fine. Bill Maher also is anti-vaccine who has a much broader, larger audience. I don’t think there is enough evidence to support vaccines cause Autism. But that doesn’t mean she doesn’t have the right to voice her opinion.

Now on the flip side, if a new mother listens to Jennys advice and doesn’t vaccinate her child, do you think Jenny carries liability for that?

I suppose this is where you and I differ on the matter.

But that doesn’t mean she doesn’t have the right to voice her opinion.

To clarify, I am speaking on if it is ethical, not legal.

Sorry, didn’t want to ignore your question. Zero legal liability, but it is certainly on her conscience.

How this turn into a discussion about anti vax? And ethics etc :joy:

By no means am I really even qualified too speak into this thread seeing as I’m 16 and have only trained for 2 years, but I think you’re no where near your genetic potential.
Gonna do my best to not sound like a dick here but you’re top lifts are a big indicator. You’re a bodybuilder yes, but a 315 x3 top for squats should be a big flag that you have some ways to go.
I’d reckon you could push some mass out by trying out some heavier more weight focused training. If you’ve been training for a decade but the style of your workout hasn’t changed much then that could be why you’ve stalled progress.
Take 2019 to try out some heavier training and push your eating even harder than you ever have. Really just push yourself harder than you ever have in a training year and if nothing changes, then by all means run a test cycle.
6ft and only 170lbs (Albeit shredded) is small.

Really the message I’m trying to push across is to look back at your past years of training and ask if anything has changed style wise.

1 Like

Sadly guys like this rarely listen to anyone on a forum. Once anybody disagrees with them they either start to argue or abandon the thread. Years later those same people come back whining about HTPA shutdown and deca dick. Very rarely does someone smart come along and listen to the experienced peoples advice.

As many have already stated here, your not eating enough, its really that simple / basic thermodynamics.

You absolutely convinced that your eating over maintenance, but not disciplined enough to count calories and measure and weight your food. Not trying to be harsh, but do you see the obvious problem with that?

I too dicked around after getting my newbie gains, and was convinced that I was a “hard gainer”. But when I got serious and measured preciously every calorie that was going into my body, I discovered that I wasn’t eating nearly as many kcal as I thought I was, overestimating by 500-1000 at times. As soon as I figured this out, I was able to gain weight at will. However, eating quality food, I have to STUFF myself morning noon and night to go over maintenance. It’s much harder than most think, and some people have to take appetite stimulants in order to meet their caloric needs.