T Nation

How Do You Hit Upper Chest ?

Hi everybody,
i’m new on T-Nation forum, i’m 23 years old, i’m from Switzerland (no i don’t live in mountain eating chocolate and cheese all the day) and i’m lifting since i was 14 years old. i would ask you how do you hit your upper chest ? for me it’s a weak point and i don’t find THE training that work for this part of my body…
what i actually do is:

Bench Press 4 sets of 3-6
Incline DB press 4 sets of 8-10
Incline + DB press 4 sets of 8-10
Cable fly 4 sets of 10-15

what about you ?

[quote]SwissIron wrote:
i’m from Switzerland (no i don’t live in mountain eating chocolate and cheese all the day)[/quote]

That’s unfortunate. That’s probably what I’d be doing if I were you.

Lots and lots of slight incline bench press with a moderately wide grip. There were a few threads on here over the last year discussing upper chest if you want to do some digging.

any video of dat dere black guy sayin “SQUEEEEEZE”

also you should try your cable exercises with heavy heavy weight. Compensate for the lack of stabilization(its easier to do cable exercises) element by making it harder through increased weight.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Lots and lots of slight incline bench press with a moderately wide grip[/quote]
x2 this. The conventional thinking used to be that incline bench called for a bit closer grip, but when I re-examined one of my favorite pics of Arnold (above), I realized he had a wide grip, so I gave it a shot. Very happy with how it feels, especially with a quick pause at the bottom.

[quote]SwissIron wrote:
Incline + DB press 4 sets of 8-10[/quote]
What is this exercise?

You’re 6’4" and 210 pounds. Adding 10-15 pounds of muscular bodyweight will improve your upper chest.