How Do You Guys Cut Weight?

For my federation it is 2hr weigh ins. Thus I will obviously not be doing some of the crazy techniques available to cut like 24lb in 24hrs… I personally only have like 3-4kg to drop and I was wondering what you guys think will be the best method to do so while being able to be ready to squat in 2hrs.

What I have done in the past is:

7-3 days prior: eat moderate sodium (like 2g per day) and drink 6L of water
36 hour prior - cut out all sodium
18-24 hour prior - cut out all liquids and only eat dry foods

Then after weigh I I will drink 2L of 50% gatorade 50% water with 50g of whey and 1g of sodium in total. I will also eat something like 2 large bagels. Then drink another 1-2L by the time I squat along with 3 granola bars or something of the like. Then eat normally during the meet.

Thoughts?

How much are you trying to cut?

[quote]arramzy wrote:
What I have done in the past is:

7-3 days prior: eat moderate sodium (like 2g per day) and drink 6L of water
36 hour prior - cut out all sodium
18-24 hour prior - cut out all liquids and only eat dry foods

Then after weigh I I will drink 2L of 50% gatorade 50% water with 50g of whey and 1g of sodium in total. I will also eat something like 2 large bagels. Then drink another 1-2L by the time I squat along with 3 granola bars or something of the like. Then eat normally during the meet.
[/quote]
When you have done this in the past how much have you lost.

I would think with a protocol like this you could shed 6kg easy.

Powertower - as I said in my first post,3-4kg. In the past when I did this I cut 5kg so it seemed to work fine but I definitely felt fatigued by weigh in. I was just wondering if anyone had other ideas that works for them.

[quote]arramzy wrote:
Powertower - as I said in my first post,3-4kg. In the past when I did this I cut 5kg so it seemed to work fine but I definitely felt fatigued by weigh in. I was just wondering if anyone had other ideas that works for them.[/quote]
Try Pedialyte for re-hydration instead of chugging water.

I would also forget the whey too.

In university research, drinking Campbells chicken noodle soup is more hydrating then Gatorade as it triggers more uptake receptors.
**Have it pr-mixed and room temp for fast absorption.

The bagels are good but I would go:
-Pedialyte first and wait 15-30 minutes
-Soup 30-90 minutes after weigh ins
-eat normally after that

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:
Powertower - as I said in my first post,3-4kg. In the past when I did this I cut 5kg so it seemed to work fine but I definitely felt fatigued by weigh in. I was just wondering if anyone had other ideas that works for them.[/quote]
Try Pedialyte for re-hydration instead of chugging water.

I would also forget the whey too.

In university research, drinking Campbells chicken noodle soup is more hydrating then Gatorade as it triggers more uptake receptors.
**Have it pr-mixed and room temp for fast absorption.

The bagels are good but I would go:
-Pedialyte fist and wait 15-30 minutes
-Soup 30-90 minutes after weigh ins
-eat normally after that [/quote]

It’s funny you mention chicken noodle soup. My go to rehydrator is Mr. Noodles. It’s high sodium and I make it room temperature it’s easy to drink. I find it’s also nice on the stomach if you have nerves.

[quote]arramzy wrote:

For the record, this is my opinion, I cut/competed once so far so I am by no means an expert on the subject.

If I was you I’d cut it all the night/morning before. I am faily lean (10% fat I’d guess) and I was able to drop 5 lbs from taking a dump and sitting in a hottub for 30 minues. It took minimal effort, so I would guess that you could easily drop the 3-4kg the night before (Remember you lose a couple pounds overnight too.

After writing this I realize I didn’t really answer your question, I will post anyway.