How Do You Get Enough Protein?

Sorry but who the fuck is awake 11 hours/day ? Are you a fucking bear preparing for winter?

Hour 0 (wake up) : 60g proteins → egg whites

Hours 3 : : 60g protein : 2scoops shake

Hour 6: 60g protein : 250g chicken

Hour 9 : 60g protein : shake

Hour 12 : 60g protein : Red meat idc

Hour 15 (PRE BED, YOU GET 9 HOURS OF SLEEP HURRAY) : 60g protein : Shake, cottage cheese, idc

[quote]brian12 wrote:
I aim to hit 300 grams protein everyday and shakes play a bit part in this when I dont have the time to prepare enough eggs and meat.

Some days I will two monster whey shakes each with 80 grams protein (total 160), and maybe one more shake of 40 grams protein (total 200); and then the remaining 100 from eggs, chicken, lean beef, fish etc…

Of course, it is best to get as much protein as possible from solid food. But if you are always falling way short of the 1.5 grams per lb (or 2 grams per lean lb), then make up the difference with shakes.

I have made good gains using whey as my major source of protein. It’s far far cheaper than meat (about 80% cheaper because I live in Korea and can get it in bulk for dirt cheap).

But try and fill up on solid food first and bridge the gap with shakes (dont worry about the 3 scoops per day thing, whey wont hurt you).

Also try and prepare meals in bulk. Example I will cook 1kg chicken breasts in a stew with sweet potato and vegetables and that makes 5 meals with 50 grams protein each. This is one weeks lunch at work. I will also cook a number of steaks at once and freeze… So my freezer is always full of ready to eat high protein sources. And my bag always has at least two monster whey shakes every morning for while Im at work (so at work I get 50 grams from my chicken and veggies, 80 grams from whey shake 1, and 80 grams from whey shake 2 = 210 )

Not so difficult :slight_smile:

But I am following a 16/8 intermittent fasting style of eating, so I only get 8 hours to get in my protein and calories, and I still hit the 300 range daily.

Just do it!![/quote]
Awesome, I will definitely have more whey. I will use two scoops instead of one, that will definitely help me. (In addition to solid protein filled calorie dense food).

I was just worried that too much whey is bad for you.

[quote]eyegainweightbig wrote:
What is the most accurate weigh to record bodyfat?[/quote]

Method 1 - If chicks aren’t rubbing up on you in the club, you are too fat

Method 2 - If you can’t wash your clothes on your abs, lose weight

Method 3 - It doesnt really matter, just make sure you aren’t getting fatter by looking in the mirror. You really only need to worry about how much fat you have to lose if you plan on stepping on stage and need to plan, down to day, how much weight to lose.

[quote]Jeffrey of Troy wrote:
The pro bb’s on 350+ g protein per day are on multiple drugs/hormones (T, thyroid, insulin) to be able to work out that much and make use of that much pro. YOU, OP, do NOT need “at least” 354 g daily.

Look at Stu: 250-275 g pro per day, and in comp shape.

Def restrict that feeding window to 12 hours (actually you said 11, which is even better); this gives your digestive system a rest, helps you get a good night’s sleep (recovery’s where you make your gains), and decreases probability of developing insulin resistance.

50 g pro per meal x just 5 meals per day = 250. Make sure to walk to move the food through the intestines to make room for more…[/quote]

?

Since when is 350gr of protein so over the top?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

The pro bb’s on 350+ g protein per day are on multiple drugs/hormones (T, thyroid, insulin) to be able to work out that much and make use of that much pro. YOU, OP, do NOT need “at least” 354 g daily.

Def restrict that feeding window to 12 hours (actually you said 11, which is even better); this gives your digestive system a rest, helps you get a good night’s sleep (recovery’s where you make your gains), and decreases probability of developing insulin resistance.

50 g pro per meal x just 5 meals per day = 250. Make sure to walk to move the food through the intestines to make room for more…[/quote]

?

[/quote]

^This…especially when dieting down. Try doing DC and eating the prescribed 2g per lb. Good god.

[quote]Mateus wrote:

?

[/quote]

^This…especially when dieting down. Try doing DC and eating the prescribed 2g per lb. Good god.[/quote]

I mean, they are bringing up what Stu does as if that has any bearing on what anyone else should do.

350gr of protein is not that much, especially for some of the guys here who are weighing over 250lbs.

I don’t even have to try hard to get that much protein in. There are about 80gr of protein in one 1lbs steak. I was eating 2-3 of those a day for a while.

Not as knowledgeable as most of the people here, but milk works fine for me. Currently drinking 2 litres a day. Also eating eggs, chicken, steak, tuna and salmon, and some legumes…Not that hard to be honest, add the 3 scoops of whey, and you should be there

While 350g isn’t excessive, especially when you have a target amount of cals, and your macros have to come from somewhere (and some people can only handle a certain amount of carbs), but for dieting down, unless you weigh 250 LEAN lbs (Cutler, Heath etc), it’s not necessary, and usually you’d end up preserving more muscle mass in the long run by spending your extra needed cals on carbs or fats IMO. Sure some people will diet on nothing but fat and protein, but your body is usually oxidizing the protein for energy anyway, so is it really the best way? (NOT saying it doesn’t work, but I do enjoy eating carbs!)Hearing about 160 lb guys trying to get 400+g or protein is just ridiculous.

I’m prepping an NPC competitor right now, he’s about 250 lbs about a month out, and he’s only taking in about 300g of protein a day, even less on his higher carb days. Doesn’t seem to be losing any muscle -lol.

S

I grow a lot better when i don’t worry about how much protein i get in.

I just make sure i have a nice helping of meat and carbs. Increase the portion size as needed.

It’s that simple.

There are about 80gr of protein in one 1lbs steak. [/quote]

I think that’s a conservative estimate.