How Do You Feel About Soy Protein?

How do many of you feel about soy protein, especially if it helps you reach your body weight (or more) in grams of protein? I find it hard to get my body weight in grams of protein, and it only makes sense to use a protein supplement to help. However, being on a budget from university makes purchasing supplements costly, and I really can’t afford it right now. Soy protein on the other hand is dirt cheap. I can definitely afford that. Should I supplement with soy protein or no?

are you a dude or have a vagina

dude - no

vag - yes

I used soy protein all of last july. I felt like shit the entire month. Not sure if it was the soy protien… but after reading its possibility to lower testosterone… I stopped using it immediately and felt alot better.

shrug

After reading the evils of soy i have stopped eating soy protein and gone as far as to not eat most things woth soy in them so if i were you i wouldent either.

Please don’t become a “vaginatarian”

After reading krazykoukides’ post, ya, I really don’t want that shit happening.

As for becoming a ‘vaginatarian’, well, aren’t I still able to enjoy some of that in my diet? :wink:

whey concentrate is available for just as cheap as soy. soy probably won’t kill you, but i’m not gonna take that chance.

[quote]forbes wrote:
After reading krazykoukides’ post, ya, I really don’t want that shit happening.

As for becoming a ‘vaginatarian’, well, aren’t I still able to enjoy some of that in my diet? ;)[/quote]

As long as you supplement with Listerene :slight_smile:

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
whey concentrate is available for just as cheap as soy. soy probably won’t kill you, but i’m not gonna take that chance.[/quote]

They have whey concentrate at the health food market for the same price as soy, however, 70% of the stuff is lactose. I remember the label saying “no sugar”. I asked the clerk to show me the nutrition label. It was chalk full of lactose. She said “ya, but its natural”.

I never went back.

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
Please don’t become a “vaginatarian”[/quote]

Wouldnt a vaginatarian be a person who only eats vaginas…?

If this is the case, sign me up!

soy sucks cak, you’re better off buying milk protein isolate.

[quote]themusclegod wrote:
After reading the evils of soy…[/quote]

Soy isn’t “evil”, it’s misunderstood, kinda like Captain Spaulding from The Devil’s Rejects.

This article should clarify things, especially the whole hormone issue:

Soy from whole food sources is absolutely fine in moderation, refined and processed soy (like soy protein powders) should be avoided.

That said, if you’re looking for cheap protein, whole eggs would probably be more economical. They’re cheap, versatile, bodybuilder-friendly, and controversy-free (except for all that cholesterol, that stuff’s killer… … … … I kid, I kid.)