How Do You Eat Your Eggs?

I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

(sorry, couldn’t resist after reading the thread’s title.)

[quote]Lonnie Lowery wrote:
I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

(sorry, couldn’t resist after reading the thread’s title.)[/quote]

dude isn’t it salt peter that turns them green ??

And even if it didn’t . . .

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:
What’s wrong with the yolks??? The yolk has more mono-unsaturated fat than saturated fat.

TNT[/quote]

Pickled!

Yes I eat a LOT of pickled eggs. I simply hard boil several dozen and put them in a big pickle container left from pickles. This has the ability of letting me make a ton of them at a time and preserving them. It also adds some extra flavor. Makes it easy to add them to salads or just a fast snack.

Other than that I really enjoy adding an egg or two to stir fried veggies and meat with a little soy sauce, spices, etc. It adds nice flavor and thickens up the juices/sauce.

I just came up with this, and it tastes fantastic:

chop and fry two links of turkey breakfast sausage
add in some frozen spinach, cover with lid on warm heat to thaw
peel/boil/mash potato
mix potato with 4 eggs (2 whites, 2 whole)
dump egg/potato mixture over spinach/turkey mixture
briefly stir
let solidify into omelette
flip with plate
lightly sprinkle pecorino on top

3 eggs plus 4 egg whites with a stir fry mix (red, yellow and green peppers with onions, thinly sliced) with a hefty mix of jamaican jerk seasoning thrown in.

Super tasty!

[quote]David Murtagh wrote:
Raw eggs? You mean you don’t cook them (or does ‘raw’ translate as ‘organic’)?

If raw is uncooked then you’re courageous.
[/quote]

Yeah, they’re uncooked. I’ve done this for a while and so far I’ve never had a problem, but a part of me is thinking that it’s just a matter of time before my luck runs out.

It’s mostly because I’m lazy and I don’t mind the taste or texture that I choose to drink my eggs

I beat them in a bowl and then scramble them at low heat, or I throw a litle butter in the pan and fry them over easy at higher heat, or I poach them. Sometimes I beat them in a bowl and then cook them as an omelette at low heat. I like eggs, I just eat them quite plain and traditional. I season with salt and pepper!

beefcakemdphd,
In all seriousness, yeah, the “breakfast burrito” idea (or even a low-carb version later in the day) is a frequent meal of mine.

One DHA yolk with 3-4 egg whites scrambles up nicely with nuked vegetables like broccoli or colored peppers and some low-fat cheese.

[quote]
Yeah, they’re uncooked. I’ve done this for a while and so far I’ve never had a problem, but a part of me is thinking that it’s just a matter of time before my [/quote]

Man that is rank, raw eggs - just the thought of it makes me sick! I hear you when you say it’s a quick way, but i’m sure i read somewhere that the protein value of raw eggs is not as good as that of cooked.

8-10 eggs/day (3 yokes). Usually scrambled, w/ jalepeno cheddar cheese. Two pieces 12 grain toast w/ peanut butter. Eat the eggs with the toast and the egg flavaor dissipates…When I boil em, I down them with a glass of orange juice. For some reason the oj kills the taste.

Mix 6 whites and 3 yolks, a few teaspoons of soy sauce, a clove of garlic, a little chopped ginger and a little chopped chilli in a bowl. Stir fry a chopped onion and a handful of beansprouts with a little olive oil in a wok or very hot pan then once they’re softened add the egg and scramble it. Perfection. You can also add a little chicken or Char Siu pork.

[quote]bomberlow wrote:

Yeah, they’re uncooked. I’ve done this for a while and so far I’ve never had a problem, but a part of me is thinking that it’s just a matter of time before my

Man that is rank, raw eggs - just the thought of it makes me sick! I hear you when you say it’s a quick way, but i’m sure i read somewhere that the protein value of raw eggs is not as good as that of cooked.

[/quote]

Yeah, the heat breaks down the albumin (ie the same as denaturing of enzymes) and makes it more bioavailable.

[quote]David Murtagh wrote:
Raw eggs? You mean you don’t cook them (or does ‘raw’ translate as ‘organic’)?

If raw is uncooked then you’re courageous.

I’m also on the Anabolic Diet and start the day with four scrambled eggs and about 80 g of smoked salmon.

Which brings me to … Why is smoked salmon never mentioned as a protein source? Surely it would have pretty much the same Omega profile as ordinary salmon so would have multiple benefits or is there some scary research I’ve missed (like yesterday’s tuna article)? And it must be healthier than bacon or ham. Mustn’t it?

Help appreciated. [/quote]

I love smoked salmon too, the problem is the same as with charred meat: carcinogens. Plus smoked salmon has a lot of salt and some, such as the Swedish types, have a lot of sugar. Costs a bit too. The cheaper types are often made using additives not smoking and then there is the fact that most salmon farming is amazingly cruel and environmentally destructive. Hope that helps.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
6 whole, free range, vegetarian fed geese eggs fried over easy on a griddle in bacon grease with lots of pepper thrown on 1/2 lb bacon and hash-browns with onion, pepper, nacho cheese, mushrooms, more bacon, suasage, ham, and canadian bacon. I wash it downs with a Scotch and water. This s a good pick-me-up before bed time.[/quote]

It’s a good thing you’re eating those “free range eggs”. Wouldn’t want to spoil that stellar bacon grease diet of yours. That’s like the fat ass that orders a triple McFat burger with a diet soda.

I found the best way to get over the taste is to just eat more of them. I used to hate eggs. Now I eat 6-10 a day,usually boiled or scrambled with some peppers, mushrooms, and onions.

i eat 6-8 eggs (4 yolks) just about every day, over easy, fried in olive oil.

i almost feel bad for those of you who don’t like the way they taste.

I eat my eggs with a fork and a knife.

[quote]JohnGullick wrote:

I love smoked salmon too, the problem is the same as with charred meat: carcinogens. Plus smoked salmon has a lot of salt and some, such as the Swedish types, have a lot of sugar. Costs a bit too. The cheaper types are often made using additives not smoking and then there is the fact that most salmon farming is amazingly cruel and environmentally destructive. Hope that helps.[/quote]

No that doesn’t help. I wanted to be told I was a nutritional genius who had stumbled upon a breakfast that tasted great, would strip fat, build muscle, make me irresistable to the opposite sex and make me a better father. (Hey, isn’t that what every person who posts a question really wants to be told?)

So obviously you haven’t helped at all.

Seriously though, I hope Tasmanian salmon overcomes some of the problems you’ve cited but the salt remains an issue although I find I put less on the eggs. You have raised some interesting points, though, which I appreciate.

Cruelty I have learned to live with.

Strictly scrambled with 1 yolk per 2 whites and a little Tony’s seasoning.

I seem to remember that raw eggs are not digested the way cooked eggs are and therefore do not provide near the protein of cooked eggs. Something about the protein binding when being heated.

Anyone care to clarify this?