T Nation

How Do You Eat Your Eggs?

I was basically wondering what you guys do with your eggs?
I mean I can but I struggle to get more than 2 eggs down if I am simply having them “raw”.

My favorite way to cook them is to scramble them but does anyone know roughly what happens when you scramble eggs? I always end up with at least half what I put in burned to the saucepan. Fried eggs are time consuming to cook at breakfast and getting 6 of those down is rather disgusting. I know there are other ways to cook eggs… Hard boiled is one of the easiest ways but I’m not sure how long these things keep for.

What’s your favorite ways of eating 'em?

I prefer omelettes. I typically fry up vegetables, and when they’re almost done, beat some eggs and add them in. When the eggs are almost cooked, I add some cheese (pepper jack is my favorite) on top. I fold it in half and top it with a gratuitous amount of sour cream, salsa, and chipotle sauce.

For the most part I take 3 or 4 raw, yes it’s disgusting but if I have to eat six times a day your damn sure not gonna find me cooking six times a day.
It’s apparently not ideal and there are allegations that much of the protein is not absorbed but I don’t think its valid, its just so simple and quick to slam them.
In terms of frying eggs (scrambled/omelette) a good frying pan is essential, old ones will stick and scratch. get a nice new anti stick pan and if you look after it it’ll last a long time and do you well. I find coconut oil is the best oil to cook with, alternatively I sometimes hard boil a dozen and keep them in the fridge ready for a snack.

If you whisk 4-6 eggs in a bowl with a little bit of orange juice, then pour it into a big tall glass of orange juice, it tastes–well it tastes just like orange juice! Goes down pretty easy.

Scrambled, in an omelet or hard boiled which I make a big batch and store them in the fridge.

hard boiled and plain

What ever you do, don’t use a knife!

http://www.matthewfurey.com/

I was on a hard boiled kick not long ago along with honey mustard.

now I’m back to omelets with cheese

I down about 6 raw. I’ve never had a problem consuming raw eggs as long as it’s one at a time and the yolk stays intact. For some reason a broken yolk results in me throwing up the egg 100% guaranteed.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
What ever you do, don’t use a knife!

http://www.matthewfurey.com/

[/quote]

lol, awesome. I don’t use a knife, so I’m cool

2 cups milk.
4 eggs (whole)
2 cups yogurt
1 cup of pumpkin pie filling

Blend

Add a dash of nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and cocoa. Sweeten to taste

Drink.

Thats one way.

Main idea being that milk, eggs, and yogurt make a good base for shakes. You can throw in berries or what ever else tickles your taste buds.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
I was basically wondering what you guys do with your eggs?
I mean I can but I struggle to get more than 2 eggs down if I am simply having them “raw”.

My favorite way to cook them is to scramble them but does anyone know roughly what happens when you scramble eggs? I always end up with at least half what I put in burned to the saucepan. Fried eggs are time consuming to cook at breakfast and getting 6 of those down is rather disgusting. I know there are other ways to cook eggs… Hard boiled is one of the easiest ways but I’m not sure how long these things keep for.

What’s your favorite ways of eating 'em?

[/quote]

Raw eggs are dumb. There, I said it. Suck it.

When you scramble an egg you make more protein available to your body as well as increasing the taste and texture. If you know how to butter a pan, or even better, have access to the wonderful world of nonstick cookware, you should have no eggs sticking to the bottom of the pan.

As far as your blasphemous claim that fried eggs are disgusting . . . all right, I’ll let that slide this time. If you’re looking new was to make food, the interned is saturated with recipes. Here is one of my favorite sites to peruse for new recipes, already set to egg mode for you.

I’m beginning to wonder why there is so much nonsense surrounding eggs.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
I always end up with at least half what I put in burned to the saucepan.
[/quote]

That is why Teflon and or cooking oil was invented. Pour a little olive oil on the pan before you cook, cook it on low heat, and you shouldn’t have any problems with things sticking.

I eat my eggs in my oatmeal, just toss 'em in when I’m cooking or microwaving the oatmeal and they just cook right along with it. Add some flax seed, pinch of salt, and avocado and your all set.

I got this down to a science. What ya do is first thing upon waking up stumble to the kitchen and throw a dozen eggs plus water in a pot, turn on the fire and leave it alone. Go take a shower and by the time ya get done and have dried off, the eggs should be done.

Use the boiling water from the eggs for your oatmeal, pop in some toast while you’re peeling the eggs and breakfast is served(salt/pepper/hot sauce to taste). So easy plus you got eggs for later or the next day. Screw all that RAW SHIT! I ain’t no flipp’n Rocky and this isn’t the 70’s, we have TEFLON.

[quote]James23 wrote:
I got this down to a science. What ya do is first thing upon waking up stumble to the kitchen and throw a dozen eggs plus water in a pot, turn on the fire and leave it alone. Go take a shower and by the time ya get done and have dried off, the eggs should be done. Use the boiling water from the eggs for your oatmeal, pop in some toast while you’re peeling the eggs and breakfast is served(salt/pepper/hot sauce to taste). So easy plus you got eggs for later or the next day. Screw all that RAW SHIT! I ain’t no flipp’n Rocky and this isn’t the 70’s, we have TEFLON.[/quote]

he’s right.

although i’m down for the bagel over toast

[quote]James23 wrote:
I got this down to a science. What ya do is first thing upon waking up stumble to the kitchen and throw a dozen eggs plus water in a pot, turn on the fire and leave it alone. Go take a shower and by the time ya get done and have dried off, the eggs should be done. Use the boiling water from the eggs for your oatmeal, pop in some toast while you’re peeling the eggs and breakfast is served(salt/pepper/hot sauce to taste). So easy plus you got eggs for later or the next day. Screw all that RAW SHIT! I ain’t no flipp’n Rocky and this isn’t the 70’s, we have TEFLON.[/quote]

Unless poaching those eggs, i would not be using that water for my oats. All the shit on the outside of the shell surely would be dissolved into that water?

Can’t you just boil the kettle while you’re showering?

[quote]kanew wrote:

Unless poaching those eggs, i would not be using that water for my oats. All the shit on the outside of the shell surely would be dissolved into that water?

Can’t you just boil the kettle while you’re showering?[/quote]

or use the hot water from the shower?

Eggs are great. I make batches of hard boiled eggs 8 at a time and keep them in the refrigerator. Take about 15 minutes to make and keep for at least a week (although I eat them faster than that).

Another thing I have is one of those microwave “poachers”. You can quickly cook 2 eggs at a time. You can just adjust the cook time to get various levels of doneness.

If I were eating eggs for my main meal, I’d usually take them pan fried, over hard (so the yolk breaks and is cooked).

I eat my eggs scrambled with some ham chunks and cheddar cheese…

500ml of milk
5 eggs
1.5 tablespoon of sweat nesqucik cocoa powder(or 2 table spoons of honey)
blend.
great taste