How Do You Eat Plantains

how do you guys eat these? I luckily picked up about 20 lbs for 50 cents : )

I’ve been microwaving them and eating with PB and cinnamon like sweet potatoes, as well as in a fry pan with a tablespoon of butter. I’m thinking of making hash browns with them today. About half are green and half are yellow.

Boiled. For a cheat, the real way: fried!

Regardless of how it is prepared, an excellent food item during a bulking phase. Prefer them to bananas.

[quote]In10s wrote:
Regardless of how it is prepared, an excellent food item during a bulking phase. Prefer them to bananas.[/quote]

Are you serious with that avatar?

Guy named browndisaster not knowing how to eat plantains…

I bet he was doing it terribly wrong.

YAWN Next plantain comment please YAWN

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]In10s wrote:
Regardless of how it is prepared, an excellent food item during a bulking phase. Prefer them to bananas.[/quote]

Are you serious with that avatar?[/quote]

If he’s really from the Yukon, then no.

When I worked at a grocery store and got a bunch of slightly old on the cheap I let them go a little more brown then usual. Then freeze them for a day. Throw them in a blender sans peel. Plantain ice cream

so far I’ve done:

deep fried
pan fried
fritters
microwaved and mashed with pb and cinnamon

good technique I found if you want to make them low in fat is to cook them in a thin layer of water, then add a little butter or oil once the water is cooked off. They come out almost as good as fried and don’t have much fat

I’m sick of them now, so I’m going to peel and freeze the rest. How can you eat them without cooking elevenmag? That’d result in a brown disaster…

One word my friend, Tostones.

Cut the plantain in to slices about a half or more of an inch and fry, pull out of the oil and smash flat with a plate (don’t smash the shit out of them, just enough to flatten them and kinda squish them out but they still hold together), put back in fryer til crispy, pull them out and sprinkle some salt over them while still hot (I cant stress this enough salt them while they are right out of the oil and HOT).