T Nation

How Do You Eat Hardboiled Eggs?

I’m considering switching over to hardboiled eggs for sake of convenience.

What do you eat with your hardboiled eggs? I’m debating whether it’s worth the time to make them tasty, or just pound them down whole…

I eat them whole with just pepper and reduce sugar ketchup.

They taste just fine too me that way.

I have put a little natty peanut butter on them with a pinch of cinnamon and it tasted great also.

I would just experiment and find what you like and go for it

While on the Anabolic diet a few months ago I would make deviled eggs.

Put 6 room temperature egg yolks together in a bowl and add:

1 tbsp Mayo
2 tbsp spicy or dijon mustard
handful of minced onion
splash of hot sauce (optional)
1 tbsp of paprika (optional)

stir that shit together and then scoop the mixture back into each of the hard boiled egg whites. I really enjoyed this recipe when it suited my dietary goals.

2 words - Red Hot

I just peel them and eat them, most of the time still standing over the sink. I boil them a dozen at a time and inhale them throughout the day. Lately I seem to prefer them cold.

Great snack of the day, just peel and eat whole!!!

I boil them for maybe 5 minutes then just peel and crush in a boil and add salt and pepper… if dieting i do the 3 whole and 3 white all together… great in a pita pocket too

I haven’t made them in years. I seem to recall tossing them in for 13 mins, but is that total time. Or time in boiling water

Try adding some lemon.

peel 'em and eat’em. Done.

1 at a time

Tabasco

Plain. Three bites per egg. Chew and chase down with water. I’ve grown tired of eggs and this seems to be the easiest way to get them down. I feel like a competitive eater.

Dijonaise! you can just keep eating them, actually makes a world of difference.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Dijonaise! you can just keep eating them, actually makes a world of difference.

S
[/quote]

x2
it’s more like an off-season treat… 12 to 18 whole eggs with dijonaise was a classic in my early 20s…

[quote]K2000 wrote:
Tabasco[/quote]

Yep, or with Loiusiana hot sauce.

This SOUNDS bad but its actually very GOOD. I got a huge jar containing 48 hard boiled PICKLED eggs. Its like bar food. They are hard boiled eggs stored in vinegar and hot peppers. They make your mouth water, no joke. I ate one on a bet in a bar one time and I have been hooked ever since. Delicious.

Here they are.

With Red Beets

I take off the shell, insert in my mouth, chew, swallow.
I have to have water with them though, the yoke can be like chalk.