How Do You Bench Press with Your Chest?

[quote]GetSwoleToday wrote:

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

[quote]akmcsnarfy wrote:
EDIT: Thought Yogi was saying i should listen to X about pre-exhausting. Just realized he was referring OP to CC. Derrrrpppppp[/quote]
Pretty sure he was referring to me, partially because I bench 450 and partially because he posted a “^” after my post, haha.[/quote]

No you don’t. Its ok pal. Everyone knows that quarter rep maxes don’t get you anywhere and when you say 450 you really mean 225.[/quote]

It’s ok pal

I used to basically have the flatest chest you could. Ok strength for my size and training exp could hit DB press 110 for 10-12 reps for a couple sets bench 1.5x bw for 6-8 nothing crazy amazing but not the worst either but my chest looked like a childs. 2 years down the road lost my ego stopped bar bell flat benching and starting learning how to use my chest. Which honestly takes practice. Perfect practice make perfect.

So only use exercises that make your chest pumped and form that makes your chest pumped. If your chest sucks and youre doing chest exercises and cant get a pump in it well problem found you arent activating it. Muscle wont grow if it never gets any tension placed across it. Using bands on machine with a big long flex at the top of each rep is a great way to learn to feel your chest. Hex or squeeze press where you not only squeeze your chest but press are great. Learning to not bench or do a pressing move wiht your chest caved in in have it presse dup and try and squeeze your chest together each rep. Have one on put a finger on your sternum and try and crush it with you man pec.

Those are just a few things but experiment really. And once you have learned to use your chest and activate you can move back to benching but again paying attention to making your chest do the work. This is obv not for power lifters this is more making your chest grow. The weight doesnt matter if you dont get the muscle you want to move it. PLers just want to move the weight and some get lucky where their chest looks great. Many many dont and have over powering delts and tris relative to their chest.

[quote]Iron_Made wrote:

[quote]akmcsnarfy wrote:
EDIT: Thought Yogi was saying i should listen to X about pre-exhausting. Just realized he was referring OP to CC. Derrrrpppppp[/quote]
Pretty sure he was referring to me, partially because I bench 450 and partially because he posted a “^” after my post, haha.[/quote]

No you don’t. Its ok pal. Everyone knows that quarter rep maxes don’t get you anywhere and when you say 450 you really mean 225.[/quote]

It’s ok pal[/quote]

Well my apologies. So many guys bs and you definitely are not one of them. You are the Man.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
I used to basically have the flatest chest you could. Ok strength for my size and training exp could hit DB press 110 for 10-12 reps for a couple sets bench 1.5x bw for 6-8 nothing crazy amazing but not the worst either but my chest looked like a childs. 2 years down the road lost my ego stopped bar bell flat benching and starting learning how to use my chest. Which honestly takes practice. Perfect practice make perfect.

So only use exercises that make your chest pumped and form that makes your chest pumped. If your chest sucks and youre doing chest exercises and cant get a pump in it well problem found you arent activating it. Muscle wont grow if it never gets any tension placed across it. Using bands on machine with a big long flex at the top of each rep is a great way to learn to feel your chest. Hex or squeeze press where you not only squeeze your chest but press are great. Learning to not bench or do a pressing move wiht your chest caved in in have it presse dup and try and squeeze your chest together each rep. Have one on put a finger on your sternum and try and crush it with you man pec.

Those are just a few things but experiment really. And once you have learned to use your chest and activate you can move back to benching but again paying attention to making your chest do the work. This is obv not for power lifters this is more making your chest grow. The weight doesnt matter if you dont get the muscle you want to move it. PLers just want to move the weight and some get lucky where their chest looks great. Many many dont and have over powering delts and tris relative to their chest.[/quote] great post!

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]akmcsnarfy wrote:

ya, I was. I’m mad jealous of your bench[/quote]

If you want his Bench just practice TONS of benching with your feet in the air, Arnold presses, and crunches. Those are the only lifts he does. [/quote]
Loled so hard

[quote]Iron_Made wrote:

[quote]akmcsnarfy wrote:

It’s ok pal[/quote]

Well my apologies. So many guys bs and you definitely are not one of them. You are the Man.[/quote]
Haha, no worries. I honestly thought were just messing with me anyway. Appreciate the assist from ironmade, though.

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]akmcsnarfy wrote:

Haha, loved that thread. One of the all time bests.[/quote]

Don’t waste any time looking for it but off the top of your head do you remember that thread name? Would love to read that[/quote]

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/question_about_prefatiguing[/quote]

THANK YOU! This is pure gold