T Nation

How Do You Balance Your Fats?

Just curious as to how all of you balance your fat intake out. I can’t stand most of these oils so I just drink them down. Obviously I’m looking for a better way.

I don’t use or add oil to my diet (other than fish oil caps). I get plenty of fats from beef, fish, nuts, cheese, etc. Unless you know you’re deficient or really need the calories, I don’t see why it has to be such a hardship.

Same here. Buy some good fish oil caps, flax seed, almonds, etc. If your a heavy meat eater, you may want to estimate your daily omega 6/omega 3 ratios. A good portion of americans are deficient in omega-3. If you only eat moderate amounts of red meat and the rest from lean sources, just pop the fish oils along with some other healthy fats. I try to get anywhere from 2-4 grams of fish oil a day plus flax seed(in my pro drinks). You don’t need to make it any harder than that. Check out some of Berardi’s columns.

Read the various articles here, they are right on. There are more pleasant ways than drinking the oil. Aside the articles’ advice and capsules, there are raw nuts, flax seed breads, flax oil (toss in your salad or in chicken salad sandwich filling), etc…(I don’t take fish oil capsules as I’m allergic)…