How Do They Get Big In Jail?

[quote]crod266 wrote:
some people might think this is a dum question, but this is something ive been wondering for a while. Everyone talks about nutrtition, even I do. what I want to know is how are people in jail so big. NOw obviously thats not evryone, but ive seen some guys who came from jail and followed no nutrtion and all there used in jail was like a dip bar, chin-up bar, and bench.

How does that happen. Its not only them, there are lots of teens and average people also that are big and yet they do nothing to help there diets? I mean the average people might not be huge but they are a decent size.[/quote]

3 square meals a day (unlike most of their lives outside)
No alcohol (unlike most of their lives outside)
LESS drugs (Less…lol)
More training (boredom = more workouts than 1hr 3x a week, and guess what? it works…)

It is the stability, regular feedings, less activity, more time to workout, less partying - coupled with the fact alot of guys who put on weight probably have the total opposite life outside - all means more weight gain.

BTW - little fact. A mate of mine after his 3rd visit on her majesty’s pleasure told me that due to no protein powder making in inside, they all used to add powdered milk to their drinks, and that is something i have been known to do when i fell on hard times. it is cheap, and does the trick short term.

Joe

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
crod266 wrote:
some people might think this is a dum question, but this is something ive been wondering for a while. Everyone talks about nutrtition, even I do. what I want to know is how are people in jail so big. NOw obviously thats not evryone, but ive seen some guys who came from jail and followed no nutrtion and all there used in jail was like a dip bar, chin-up bar, and bench.

How does that happen. Its not only them, there are lots of teens and average people also that are big and yet they do nothing to help there diets? I mean the average people might not be huge but they are a decent size.

Think about it, who’s in jail? People who sell drugs. Where can you get steroids? From people who sell drugs. ohh wait a minute…looky there…

Aw c’mon guy, not saying roids aren’t in the big house, but I highly doubt in the numbers that get high drugs like heroin, cocaine, or weed, are. Even for guys on the street getting legit steroids is hard with all the fakes and counterfeits out there. That would double if not triple with roids in the prison system. Not as lucrative a business I would think.

As far as guys in prison who lift just as there are some huge dudes who hit the weight pile there are legions of skinny dudes in there as well. Even on some of the documentaries on TV when they show the weight area you see a lot of bean poles doing pull ups or benching 135. Probably the same breakdown one would see in a large gym like 24 hour Fitness in regard to big and small guys.

D[/quote]

Agreed. I am sure there may be something to “higher testosterone equals greater risks taken leading to more who end up in jail”, but to act like everyone is just blowing up in there is a little overblown. In the average gym on a crowded night with over 60 people lifting, I will usually see at least 20 who would impress average trainers and at least 4 or 5 who look like they could compete in a few months. However, that overlooks the greater number of people who look like shit.

Getting big in jail means the same as getting big outside. The genetically gifted will stand out the most. Give those same gifted individuals more time to work out and focus on training, and you will get even larger individuals than average.

They get lots of protein. Admittedly it’s likely to be anally administered, but whatever it takes, right?

I’m not saying that everyone is HUGE in jail by any means, nor am I saying that ALL the ones that are got there on steroids.

Most people are more concerned about being high in jail not getting steroids. However, with the GROWING number of people being arrested for it, it may become easier to get them in jail than outside of it.

A drug deadler to law following citizen ration is much more diluted in the free world so say 1 for every 1,000 people. Now in jail it’s 1 for every 3. Much easier to find a source there.

[quote]MONSTERMATT wrote:
CJK wrote:
The T-levels in a setting like jail would also elevate. There was an article on here awhile ago I think that explained a little of it… I remember reading one that interviewed a dude who had been in jail for a while and he talked about his and other’s training.

bro, u are obviously not a loyal T-man, there have been several articles about this very subject SEARCH[/quote]

I wasn’t the one that was looking for answers, and I have already read the articles. Why would I search for them?

[quote]Shire wrote:

Bullshit! where are the studies to prove it?

All my many black friends bar one are skinny guys. The exception being my best friend (a Ghanian) who is very thick, but he consumes tons of meat, potatoes, fish and malt drinks.

And he plays a lot of sport on top of working manual jobs.[/quote]

Well there are no studies. Just like there are no studies that prove that black people are better in basketball and sprinting than white ones. But just look at the top bodybuilders from the past 15 years. How many of them were black? Apart from Yates Cutler and Wolf, there are not that many.

Just because your black friends are skinny does not mean that they don’t have the potential to be bigger with diet and training. Also, just because they are black does not mean that they automatically have any talent for bodybuilding at all.

All I am saying is that there is way more bodybuilding talent in the black population than in the white. Therefore in a prison, in which black people are over represented, more muscular people are to be expected than at the 24hr fitness where most members are white.

[quote]CJK wrote:

I wasn’t the one that was looking for answers, and I have already read the articles. Why would I search for them? [/quote]

I can’t tell if that comment to you was a joke or not, but it was funny as hell!

[quote]francois1 wrote:
Shire wrote:

Bullshit! where are the studies to prove it?

Well there are no studies. Just like there are no studies that prove that black people are better in basketball and sprinting than white ones.[/quote]

There are quite a few studies which look at differences in endurance running performance between Africans (mainly East Africans) and Europeans, though. I guess endurance running is more convenient to study? Here’s one open access paper:

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/86/3/915

But probably more relevant to lifting, power output from the quads of black and white football (probably meaning soccer) players during a 6 second sprint, though, seems pretty much the same:

We do know that an ACTN3 mutation is pretty common in Europeans and should make it more difficult to build muscle:

http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v39/n10/abs/ng2122.html

But it’s not like whites have it and blacks don’t - this mutation is common in Finnish distance runners but not found at all in Finnish sprinters:

http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v13/n8/abs/5201438a.html

So, lift, eat, sleep, repeat. Whether in prison or not.

THe answer is obvious, nutrition isnt important. Just lift dude.
Seriously, I think that just doing big lifts and putting REAL EFFORT on a CONSISTANT basis is the most important thing to getting big.
They often can get better food through a something I forgot the word of. Lots of guys were getting big and strong before protein shakes and stuff.
Check out Norb’s Interview. He has some pretty interesting ideas about nutrition.

He could do a double bodyweight olympic press at 90kg bodyweight.

The diet in jail is not THAT bad. You can got a lot of calories between 3 square meals, available snacks, and [carefully screened] packages from loved ones. Combine that with intense training and you have your answer.

These threads are hilarious whenever they pop up…

You’d be suprised how many top level powerlifters diets arn’t all that great yet they get big. Hard work and pushing yourself= more gains than anything else.

I swear I think this whole “blacks build muscle easier” thing is from the darker skin tone making them appear bigger/more defined.

(for the most part.)

Kalle, I do not think this is an illusion, nor do bodybuilding experts such as Dan Duchaine (Rest in Power!) and Dante Trudel, both of whom had a lot more bodybuilding friends than you or I.

Again, I do not say this to genuflect or jock-grab blacks, unlike the media trends of the modern day. What I am saying here is that from personal observation, it is clear that they build muscle a bit easier than their racial counterparts. And many of them seem to accomplish this quite lazily. Look at videos of Jerome Ferguson, Flex Wheeler, Paul Dillet, and some others. Nothing is happening! However, when you do combine these genetics with some hard work and a real diet, you get a Johnnie Jackson, a Lee Haney, or a Ronnie Coleman!

Most of the white guys I know of that are fucking enormous, good or average genetics, had to really, really, break their backs from lifting huge amounts of weight and eat like a horse to get where they are: Greg Kovacs, Dorian Yates, Chris Duffy, Mike Francois, King Kamali (part white probably), Gary Strydom, and so on.

[quote]toki123 wrote:
Training Behind Bars Article Series

Part 1 - http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=970585

Part 2 - http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=979600

There is a search bar at the top of every page. Learn to use it. [/quote]

Now my question to you guys is this: What if you went to prison and had to follow either the big powerlifter in part 1’s lifting routine, or the lifers in part 2, which would you choose and why ?

Then the easy answer on how to get big fast is to get thrown in prison for a couple years. You would save a bunch of money on supps and food. Maybe fearing for your life daily increases t levels.

Seriously though, maybe the key is that prisoners have ALOT of down time to rest. They don’t eat often, however, they dont do much much either, so their three meals go straight to muscle. I dont know, just guessing.

[quote]roberds wrote:
Then the easy answer on how to get big fast is to get thrown in prison for a couple years. You would save a bunch of money on supps and food. Maybe fearing for your life daily increases t levels.

Seriously though, maybe the key is that prisoners have ALOT of down time to rest. They don’t eat often, however, they dont do much much either, so their three meals go straight to muscle. I dont know, just guessing.[/quote]

Why speculate. They would kill for your freedom, why envy their situation ?

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Kalle, I do not think this is an illusion, nor do bodybuilding experts such as Dan Duchaine (Rest in Power!) and Dante Trudel, both of whom had a lot more bodybuilding friends than you or I.
[/quote]

You know, I’ve got a ton of respect for Dante’s training knowledge, but this is one subject where I just can’t agree with him.

The reason? Because there is no such thing (from a biological standpoint) as any other race, than the “human race”. “Race” means a subspecies in biological terms. Scientists have been trying to prove for the better part of a century (ever since the Emancipation Proclamation most likely) that there were indeed different “races” of people (unfortunately in most cases to justify atrocities or lack of equal rights).

They’ve tried using skin color; doesn’t work. Hair texture;doesn’t work. Facial bone structure;doesn’t work. Eye color;doesn’t work. Nothing works. Why? Because once again, there are no separate “races” of humans. Race is a socially constructed concept/phenomenon.

Genetics are indeed an important factor. But they have nothing to do with skin color, or “race”. Look at the winners of the Mr. Olympia competition and you will see that skin color is about equal between Sandow winners (Scott-“white”, Oliva- “black”, Zane- "white, Columbo- “white”, Arnold “white”, Haney- “black”, Yates- “white”, Coleman- “black”, Cutler- “white”).

You’re going to get freaks from with every skin color.

Even in regards to other sports (someone mentioned basketball, so I’ll use that as an example) the “best group” of athletes is constantly shifting. Before 1950 the NBA was a strictly “white” organization. At that point, one would have had to draw the conclusion that “whites” were the best basketball players.

From that point on until recently more and more “black” players began to make names for themselves. Players like Michael Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Dominique Wilkins, Wilt Chamberlain, etc… were incredible players and dominated the league in many years. So, at that point one would have had to draw the conclusion that “blacks” were the best basketball players.

Recently, you’ve had an influx of “European” players who have been dominating. Steve Nash won the MVP in 2004-5. The 2004 USA Olympic men’s basketball team got beat by Puerto Rico, Lithuania, and Argentina. So, could one now make the argument that “Europeans” make the best basketball players?

[quote]
Most of the white guys I know of that are fucking enormous, good or average genetics, had to really, really, break their backs from lifting huge amounts of weight and eat like a horse to get where they are: Greg Kovacs, Dorian Yates, Chris Duffy, Mike Francois, King Kamali (part white probably), Gary Strydom, and so on. [/quote]

And I think that most of the “black” guys who are fucking enormous had to really, really, bust their asses to get where they are as well. Genetic anomalies (which occur in all “colors”) are just that, anomalies.

triple-10sets

I was kidding dude. Just trying to lighten up the thread a little.

My thinking mirrors Sentoguys to a large extent there might be MORE on average genetic freaks that are black but there are white genetic freaks to.

If a darker skin tone didn’t matter than jay cutler wouldn’t show up to the Olympia darker than Ronnie. I am just saying a lot of the time two guys one white and pale the other black with the same level of development who is going to appear more developed?

Have you ever watched lockup? Alot of the guys in there are not even really big or muscular. There are the exceptions, but that is everywhere isnt it.

[quote]Lowery38595 wrote:
Have you ever watched lockup? Alot of the guys in there are not even really big or muscular. There are the exceptions, but that is everywhere isnt it. [/quote]

Exactly,

The OP probably just watched Gangland this week that had Tookie Williams on it.