How Do My Macros Look?

So I am currently 5’10" working out 4 days a week using the HCT-12 method and weighing 180lbs at approximately 15-20% bf. I eat 6 meals a day (about every 2-3 hours) on my non-workout days and 7 meals (because of my post workout shake) on my non workout days. I want to start bulking, gaining around 1-1.5 lbs a week. I understand what foods I should be eating, but am confused at the quantity.

I was thinking I would like to get 360 grams protein, 290 grams carbs and 135 grams of fat. These numbers are based on a 3500 calorie diet with 2x protein per lb of body weight, .75x fat per lb of bodyweight and filling the rest in with carbs. I work out around 5:30 in the evening.

I generally eat as follows
wake up
6am meal #1
9am meal #2
Noon meal #3
3pm meal #4
5pm meal #5
workout
7pm post-workout shake meal #6
8pm meal #7
bed

1. First question is how does my breakdown look or what suggestions could you make?

2. Second question is I understand that the majority of your calories should be consumed during breakfast, pre and post workout, but what percentage breakdown is recommended (for example 60% of calories should be consumed in this 3 meals)?

Any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated. I am just trying to learn more and benefit from it.

1. Believe it or not, but 180 at 5’10 with 15-20% bf are NOT ideal numbers to start a bulk. You’re neither skinny nor lean.
  2. you do not need 2g/lbs protein on a bulk. Personally I’d say you need 1g/lb but that’s just me.
  3. If you’re not a beginner, forget about gaining 1-1.5 lbs/week.

With that being said, my advice which is in line with what Dan John and others have said:

Lean out NOW. Your body will be primed to gain lean mass after you do.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

1. Believe it or not, but 180 at 5’10 with 15-20% bf are NOT ideal numbers to start a bulk. You’re neither skinny nor lean.
  2. you do not need 2g/lbs protein on a bulk. Personally I’d say you need 1g/lb but that’s just me.
  3. If you’re not a beginner, forget about gaining 1-1.5 lbs/week.

With that being said, my advice which is in line with what Dan John and others have said:

Lean out NOW. Your body will be primed to gain lean mass after you do.[/quote]

Word…especially because an internet 15-20% is most likely an IRL 20-25%.

OP, FWIW, I’d say start with something like 250/200/100 P/C/F…easy to remember, give it two weeks, see what happens.