How Do I Turn $100k in to $1 Million?

I’m the same way. I’ll hold long enough to get the benefit of people buying now.

Speaking of Litecoin, I wish I held onto more. Damn thing doubled since Thursday.

Yeah I’ve been converting to Litecoin to do fund transfers but I didn’t hold any since I didn’t expect it to double lol. BTC fees are not only too high, the transfer time is too long now with so much volume. LTC only takes a few minutes.

Anyone hyped about the new altcoin ADA/Cardano? Allegedly an ETH killer…

1 Like

I just found out about it here lol. Gonna check it out.

Please update us here, Im looking for something to swtich my BTC into for some renewed upside.

With my poverty BTC holding I need something newer.

Tbh I’ve not gone deep into alts but I’m going to buy some ADA and hold as a gamble since the risk/reward ratio looks pretty good.

Why not also research the current top alts with good fundamentals? It would be a good idea to manage risk by diversifying your portfolio if you’re going into this.

I’ve got about $100 of a dozen or so Alts that look appealing. At less than $1/share and usually less than $0.10 I’d make quite a bit of money if it ever gained traction.

I usually look for coins that have good volume, good coin release, and don’t have a ridiculously high market cap.

SIA Coin is pretty cool, I’ve got thousands of coins. I’m also holding ADA.

I don’t think Ripple will go too far. Their market cap is waaay too high. If it hits $6.5 (appox. 15x it’s current value), it will have the same market cap as BTC, which I don’t see happening. That said, I’ve got quite a bit, because it was going up!

1 Like

When you say “fundamentals” of a cryptocurrency… what does that mean? Is it the strength of the blockchain? The daily volume? How do you judge one coin issue as a better speculative play than another?

Assume you meant to reply to DT, not me?

1 Like
1 Like

Monero and IOTA are promising in my opinion. They require a few steps to acquire but if you are already all setup with BTC on an exchange those might be worth looking into.

To my understanding, Monero offers the highest amount of anonymity and IOTA offers a zero transaction fee (one of the things killing bitcoin right now, they just lost Steam as a retailer), high efficiency trading platform (Microsoft is getting on board with IOTA).

There was apparently a miscommunication.

2 Likes

I’ve missed the recent LTC and IOTA hype trains - frankly, I’m pissed how now all major crypto exchanges conveniently crash when there’s a price surge.

I’ve prepared my BTCs for a cash out, just wanted to invest some BTC funds into ADA and Monero, as I see great potential for the former.

Any other altcoin suggestions for a random bet on a potential whale?

It still says MSFT is going to be a “participant” in using the tangle-based block chain idea, which is what IOTA is basically.

I didn’t mean to suggest MSFT was partnering with the makers of the coin or something, but they are going to be using the technology on their Azure cloud it looks like.

I think ETH has possible 3-4x returns near term (based on little more than BTC’s market cap, and how much better ETH is than BTC). Beyond that and the ones I mentioned already it really does just seem like coins are blowing up because people are trying to own the next coin to blow up, which inflates the price. It’s impossible to know which one will rally 9,000% like some have already done this year

As I understand it BTC is actually one of the “worst” implementation of the block chain coins… expensive to mine(now), huge transaction fees, and is losing big name partners like Steam because of it. It has first mover advantage and wide spread name recognition, but many of the other techs are better (as I mentioned, Monero, IOTA, and Ethereum)

1 Like

I know nothing about the stock market beyond what I learned a few years ago in high school. What books/other resources do you guys recommend for someone who’s just trying to learn the basics and get started?

https://www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence/wiki/books

1 Like

Well, I’m still putting some money down anyway lol.

Looks like BCH has broken out.

*I didn’t invest in this. Got it free during the hardfork.

Expensive and increasingly difficult to mine is actually one of the good things about BTC.

One of its fundamental values as that it isnt inherently inflationary by nature, as opposed to any FIAT currency.

Why would a coin that has a circulation if 1 trillion, with circulation increasing rapidly, ever have a high value per coin? Supply and Demand.

The transaction fees are the one thing undermining, in my view, BTC’s position as a potential replacement to global FIAT. Will have to wait and see what the new lightning network does for said fees and transaction times.