T Nation

How Do I Perform The Clean and Press?

How Do I Perform The Clean and Press?

Google

[quote]ChocolateChips wrote:
How Do I Perform The Clean and Press?[/quote]

C’mon C chips…google, youtube…every here of them? Also a search bar at top right corner. Try it!

How Do I Perform The Clean and Press?[/quote]
Clean:

Press:

And just because… some dingbat’s dumbbell clean and press article:

sorry if i gave you the impression that i was lazy but it is extremely hard to find a good video and good information about the clean and press and the only information you find is out-dated broscience with horrible demonstration videos, the reason why i ask you guys is because ive been told you guys are the best with these kinds of things.

Thanks again chris =) is there anyway i can add reputation or something to you?

chris in the first link you posted on the clean the second image is different from the video shown it has the guy up on his toes and shouders shrugged back and up through the motion and in the second video there is none of that can you explain it to me in confused here it is anyway

*cant post the video url on here but heres the link and the video is on teh right hand side you can see its different from the image

Chris I just need some confirmation on this im a bit confused when you jerk the weight should your should be shrugged up and should the balls of your feet be off the floor?

*sorry this is what i meant:

Chris I just need some confirmation on this im a bit confused when you jerk the weight should your should be shrugged up and should the balls of your feet be off the floor?[/quote]
You’re in that position for a fraction of a second during the lift when bringing the bar up the thigh before the bar flips and is caught in the rack position.

Really, clean technique is something you figure out and get the hang of after a few sets of work.

thanks Chris thats all :slight_smile:

i just opened the last link and I realised the dingbat was you :slight_smile: