How Do I Obtain an EMG Test?

Does anyone know how one would go about obtaining an EMG test? Are there private companies or Universities that can perform the tests for a fee?

Surely someone here on T-Nation can help me out.

I’ve sent very kind and professional emails and made phone calls to ASU professors in the Kinesiology Department but they must be too overwhelmed with work to get back to me. I’ve contacted Noraxon, a supplier of EMG’s here in Scottsdale, who recommended ASU but didn’t know any other companies who could provide EMG testing services.

I have money to spend. I have to assume that someone can perform this service for the right amount of money!

Why do you want an EMG? I’m not really sure what you’d hope to gain from it.

I’m sure certain physiciancs would be able to perform the tests as they’re used to diagnose certain neurological and neuromuscular conditions.

It has to be prescribed by a doctor (real one!) then you are refered to a neurologist who performs the EMG.

What exactly are you wanting to “test”? This is what do you hope to learn from getting an EMG done?

I guess I should have been more specific. I have invented a piece of exercise equipment that I believe to be the absolute best at targeting the gluteal musculature.

I also believe it will promote the development of sprinting speed more so than any other exercise.

These are hefty claims that could be supported by thorough and comprehensive EMG testing and analysis. Here is what I had in mind for the test:

1. ordinal ranking of the musculature involvement of the glutes during my exercise as well as full squats, deadlifts, lunges and the butt blaster.

2. comparison of the contraction during the exercise as a percentage of maximum voluntary contraction (mvc)

3. demonstrate similarity to ratios of musculature involvement of the maximal sprint

Obviously, this will be a costly endeavor and will have to be performed by a qualified institution. Any ideas?

Nevermind T-Nation! I just got a response from a prominent Professor in the Kinesiology Department at ASU who seemed very excited to take on this project.

[quote]bretc wrote:
I guess I should have been more specific. I have invented a piece of exercise equipment that I believe to be the absolute best at targeting the gluteal musculature.
[/quote]

If by “musculature” you mean “pounding” and by “gluteal” you mean “asshole”, PGA would definitley be willing to fly out to AZ to help you out.