How Do I Lose Weight?

Well, ya, I’d eat fucking strawberries all day long if my love handles didn’t mind…

Nuts especially. You can put away a thousand calories worth of nuts in seconds.

1 Like

peanuts are one of the things I almost always incorporate into my diet when I’m trying to gain weight. I get a jar of them, and set them on my office desk, and intentionally snack on them all day just as filler calories. so yea… hard to call that a good weight-loss tool.

I’ll be that guy and say that peanuts are tecnically a legume rather than a nut, haha.

That said, natural peanut butter is a go to for weight gain for me. Pistachios too. I discovered that, somehow, I’ve developed an allergy to like every other sort of nut out there aside from pistachios.

2 Likes

i meant to say almonds.

ducking autocorrect.

1 Like

Ah yeah. I was big on natural almond butter for a while. My stomach would get a little bubbly, but I just figured it was from all the fats. Then, one day, I took a big spoonful of it, and suddenly I couldn’t breathe. Drove myself down to the closest store that sold Claratin, bought it silently since I could barely talk, and waited to see if I was gonna die.

An excitign day at work for sure. Now I keep the anti-histamines at my desk.

1 Like

Haha. I’ve noticed the same thing. After eating, I’ll be on the phone or talking to a co-worker and no words come out.

Flush it down with water and wait thirty minutes and I’m good. It doesn’t stop me from eating spoonfuls of PB throighout the day though. Just have to schedule it when I don’t have to talk.

Grapes those damn grapes, I have managed to eat a whole punnet in a single sitting and I could easily manage 10 bananas. I’m also in on the strawberry, blueberry, and almond thing.

The eat as much as you like approach can be misleading. I cleaned up my diet nearly a decade ago but it’s only in the past few years where I’ve controlled my potion sizes that I’ve had meaningful fat loss. Previously I would eat a “clean” meal consisting of a whole roast chicken a huge amount of brown rice and a whole head of broccoli.

2 Likes

the only food for which I could harbour a serious addiction is milkshakes.

I could literally live for the rest of my life with milkshakes as my only dietary fluid.

God I love milkshakes…

Milkshakes…

Milk…

mmmmm

4 Likes

3 Likes

that’s about where my physique is at, currently

Dieting sucks, but it is easy. I’ve done keto before and it works well, but it’s also unnecessary.

All you really need to do is count your calories, weigh your food, keep it simple and have a basic meal rotation.

Multiply your body weight by 10. This is the amount of calories you need to aim for each day.

Keep your protein high and don’t avoid fats–they’re good for you.

Also it’s good to know how macros translate calorically.

1g protein = 4 cal
1g carbohydrate = 4 cal
1g fat = 9 cal
1g alcohol = 7 cal

If you keep accurate score of your daily caloric intake, you’ll lose approximately 2lbs a week or 8lbs a month. Any more and you’re losing muscle, instead of fat. Definitely weigh your portions and dont forget condoments usually add calories too. Lemons and mustard are gifts. Use them all you want. So is hot sauce. Grilled tilapia is a dieting godsend. 21 protein, 100 cal a serving. Always weigh yourself in the morning after you piss. Bodyweight fluctates with undigested food and water, soidum levels, etc. If you weigh yourself and you’ve gained 4lbs over night, relax. It’s not fat; it’ll pass in a couple days. As you get leaner, you can try ephedrine + caffiene stack or clenbuterol if you must. Either way, the major thing to take away from this is 10 cal per pound of current body weight. Recalculate every 10lbs or when you’ve stalled progress for a week, whichever comes first.

Good luck. This works 100% guaranteed. No excuses.

Thank you all for the advice…

I mentioned that I regained the 5 pounds I lost. After like 2 days of restricting calories, I’m back to being 215. I’m happy about that. It was probably just water…

Indeed. Water therapy really have lots of benefits. A good practice as what I usually do, is to drink water immediately upon waking in the morning and it really shows good effects in my body. It is not just good in our health and digestion but it also helps us to loose weight since drinking water can boost our metabolism by 24% in the morning.

Its really helpful though specially when your in a diet and you will not usually feel hungry at all.

Probably mainly water, but well done regardless!

I would just say don’t do anything too drastic (maybe think in terms of 10% changes at a time). When you cross a certain threshold of deprivation, you tend to swing back to your original weight just as fast, so don’t cross it.

I meant that the common use of the phrase “going on a diet” implies that in the future the person will give up the diet itself and fall back to the bad old habits that led to being fat in the first place. My apologies for the confusion.

1 Like

Thank you for this. I may have inadvertently been eating at maintenance most days. I did the math and I’ll cut back about 200 cals a day. What is the ephedrine+caffeine you speak of? I’m down 48 pounds now and looking for a little boost.

1 Like

Ephedrine is a drug you can get over the counter from any pharmacy. It’s in a product called bronk-aid. Buy that and a bottle of caffiene pills while you’re there.

Google how to dose it, ideally in a faster state. Ephedrine+ caffiene gives you a thermogenic boost, ha arguably anti-catabolic properties, and suppresses your appetite.

I’ll look at that. I was also looking at the bio test store here as well looking at something to help me push too but I’ve got more research to do so I get the right one

Also:

10-12 cal/lb to lose weight
13-16 for maintenance
17+ to bulk (I go with 18)

Dont waste your money on diet pills and crap actually marketed to diet.

Ephedrine is the best thing you can legally buy in america to help cut. Also yohimbine hcl is good, but not till youre already quite lean.

Clenbuterol isn’t legal in the u.s., but can be… acquired.