T Nation

How Do I Lose My Belly?

Hey guys,

I had a belly problem for a while now, and I can’t seem to lose it no matter what I do. I have done the V-diet, massive cardio, nothing seem to work. Even Army basic training could not get rid of my belly. My diet consist of the following:

Morning: 2 scoops Surge
Noon: 2 scoops ON Pro Complex
Afternoon: Wheat Tuna Sandwich
Before workout: 2 scoops Surge w/creatine
After workout: 2 scoops Surge w/creatine
Dinner: Salmon steak
Night: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive

My diet consist of mainly protein, around 200 per day. I don’t eat too much fat or carbs. I kept this diet for the past year or so, and have yet to lose much body fat. I’m stuck at around 11%, please help!

Start gaining some muscle… Your metabolism has probably slowed down to a crawl. Also, are you afraid of whole food or something? All you’re eating is powder and fish…

More whole food, more fat, fewer carbs.

3 servings of surge on workout days, 1 serving on off days? Really?

Geez you should have visible abs at 11%, I’m at like 13% and I still have a visible six pack. Like others said, stop worrying about it and work to add some quality LBM and it should take care of itself.

And yeah, whole foods man…add those in.

you have so little muscle mass that its going to be near impossible to get really shredded unless you want to look like an emaciated hippy

your diet is horrendus… jesus christ you dont even eat a solid meal for breakfast. your servings on Surge in the morning are pretty much equivalent to drinking a coke. get your nutrition in order and get rid of that pussy mohawk cause you definately arent punk rock

[quote]Vegg wrote:
Start gaining some muscle… Your metabolism has probably slowed down to a crawl. Also, are you afraid of whole food or something? All you’re eating is powder and fish… [/quote]

I’m at 180 and 11%, so I’m not too worried about gains… but what do you eat throughout the day?

[quote]fatcat wrote:
you have so little muscle mass that its going to be near impossible to get really shredded unless you want to look like an emaciated hippy

your diet is horrendus… jesus christ you dont even eat a solid meal for breakfast. your servings on Surge in the morning are pretty much equivalent to drinking a coke. get your nutrition in order and get rid of that faux-hawk you pussy [/quote]

It’s not easy keeping a hawk when you’re a ranger buddy, and I hardly consider myself a pussy. I don’t see how a Surge shake is equivalent to a coke… but what do you think i should change? I know I need more real food… what else do you recommend?

[quote]thekidnextdoor wrote:
Vegg wrote:
Start gaining some muscle… Your metabolism has probably slowed down to a crawl. Also, are you afraid of whole food or something? All you’re eating is powder and fish…

I’m at 180 and 11%, so I’m not too worried about gains… but what do you eat throughout the day?[/quote]

dude is that your current picture in your avatar? you look like you havent ever lifted weights. keep deluding yourself that you are gonna get “TEH HAWT AB-ZORS” with so little lean mass. im 14% at 180 and 5’ 10" and i can see all but the bottom two of my abs.

fatcat wrote:

your diet is horrendus… jesus christ you dont even eat a solid meal for breakfast. your servings on Surge in the morning are pretty much equivalent to drinking a coke. get your nutrition in order and get rid of that faux-hawk you pussy

It’s not easy keeping a hawk when you’re a ranger buddy, and I hardly consider myself a pussy. I don’t see how a Surge shake is equivalent to a coke… but what do you think i should change? I know I need more real food… what else do you recommend? [/quote]

i hope you dont mean army ranger cause if they’ve started letting in pussies like you im shocked.

EAT SOME REAL FOOD

GO TO THE GROCERY STORE AND VISIT THE SECTION CALLED MEATS AND THEN AFTERWARDS VISIT THE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES SECTION AND POSSIBLY GET SOME OATMEAL TOO IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT AND SOME MILK

fatcat wrote:

your diet is horrendus… jesus christ you dont even eat a solid meal for breakfast. your servings on Surge in the morning are pretty much equivalent to drinking a coke. get your nutrition in order and get rid of that faux-hawk you pussy

It’s not easy keeping a hawk when you’re a ranger buddy, and I hardly consider myself a pussy. I don’t see how a Surge shake is equivalent to a coke… but what do you think i should change? I know I need more real food… what else do you recommend? [/quote]

eggs? Theres so much info on this site go look

[quote]fatcat wrote:
thekidnextdoor wrote:
fatcat wrote:

It’s not easy keeping a hawk when you’re a ranger buddy, and I hardly consider myself a pussy. I don’t see how a Surge shake is equivalent to a coke… but what do you think i should change? I know I need more real food… what else do you recommend?

i hope you dont mean army ranger cause if they’ve started letting in pussies like you im shocked.

EAT SOME REAL FOOD

GO TO THE GROCERY STORE AND VISIT THE SECTION CALLED MEATS AND THEN AFTERWARDS VISIT THE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES SECTION AND POSSIBLY GET SOME OATMEAL TOO IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT AND SOME MILK

[/quote]

You know what you talk a lot of smack, but thanks for the advice. I’m not here to talk shit, just here to get advice.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
thekidnextdoor wrote:
fatcat wrote:

eggs? Theres so much info on this site go look[/quote]

Thanks hardgnr I’ll look into it. It’s tough to pack in real food in my schedule so I take in lots of shakes.

fatcat wrote:
thekidnextdoor wrote:
fatcat wrote:

EAT SOME REAL FOOD

You know what you talk a lot of smack, but thanks for the advice. I’m not here to talk shit, just here to get advice. [/quote]

im just trying to motivate you like rocky’s trainer does by being really mean and grumpy

fatcat wrote:
thekidnextdoor wrote:
fatcat wrote:

your diet is horrendus… jesus christ you dont even eat a solid meal for breakfast. your servings on surge in the morning are pretty much equivalent to drinking a coke. get your nutrition in order and get rid of that faux-hawk you pussy

It’s not easy keeping a hawk when you’re a ranger buddy, and I hardly consider myself a pussy. I don’t see how a surge shake is equivalent to a coke… but what do you think i should change? I know I need more real food… what else do you recommend?

EAT SOME REAL FOOD

You know what you talk a lot of smack, but thanks for the advice. I’m not here to talk shit, just here to get advice. [/quote]

At least you have the right attitude. These articles are a good place to start:

My advice is: don’t overdo it with supplements. They have their place, but they really aren’t necessary at all, especially for a beginner. At most you could have a shake with breakfast, post workout, and before bed.

appreciate it guys.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say you need to work your abs. If your already working them do a different exercise or routine.

While 11% is not incredibly low, it is low enough to see some abs, you just need the muscles to be fuller so they can create some seperation.

Also you may want to reduce the creatine slightly unless your lifting heavy weight which doesn’t appear to be the case. You odn’t have to totally get rid of it but maybe 1 scoop instead of two. Since it still supposedly holds water, a little less may take away the softness.

Since you do like supplements, any particular reason why you don’t use something like HOT-ROX? its a known fat burner?

This is all addition to the advice the other guys gave, besides are you eating fish EVERY DAY? while it’s good fats and stuff it is very oily, a little baked chicken and beef would go a long way.

I admire you for being a level 5 vegan (can’t eat anything that casts a shadow)

Seriously though, you came to the right place, there’s a ton of great info in those links ^

Assuming you’re working hard enough, you’ll find that eating too little will be counter-productive, especially in the morning

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say you need to work your abs. If your already working them do a different exercise or routine.

While 11% is not incredibly low, it is low enough to see some abs, you just need the muscles to be fuller so they can create some seperation.

Also you may want to reduce the creatine slightly unless your lifting heavy weight which doesn’t appear to be the case. You odn’t have to totally get rid of it but maybe 1 scoop instead of two. Since it still supposedly holds water, a little less may take away the softness.

Since you do like supplements, any particular reason why you don’t use something like HOT-ROX? its a known fat burner?

This is all addition to the advice the other guys gave, besides are you eating fish EVERY DAY? while it’s good fats and stuff it is very oily, a little baked chicken and beef would go a long way.
[/quote]

I do quite a few multi-joints lift, mostly deadlifts (325) squats (315) and bench (245). I do a few planks here and there, but I don’t work too much on abs. I will take that advice and try it out. I enjoy seafood, not too big of a fan for beef or chicken. Thanks. As for the creatine, I take it to help with the lifts.

cereally? lawlz

I wasn’t trying to knock the max’s you lift just the type of training. Some people train in different rep ranges, with different percentages of max lifts. While creatine helps with increasing mass, and strength, theres a point where anymore is not having an effect if your not training high power high endurance.

So reducing the mg from lets say 10 to 5, will not effect your strength levels but may effect your body appearance. Just something to think about.