T Nation

How Do I Get Ripped?

To the OP: Just ignore those guys, they’re jealous of your massive squat poundages.

If you want to become cut, here’s what you should do (it worked for me pretty well, dropped a substantial amount of weight in about a week).

1. Get a plane ticket to a third world country, preferably somewhere hot. I recommend Africa, somewhere near or on the equator.
  2. Spend a month or so doing volunteer work out there, if possible living with a local family.

Reasons this works are:

1. You’ll be eating a very cut down diet, probably a mainly vegeterian diet
  2. The acclimitisation problems combined with travellers diarrhoea and having to use squat toilets means that you’ll spend so much time in the full squat position shitting your guts out, you’ll finally know what a proper depth squat is.

[quote]Roual wrote:
To the OP: Just ignore those guys, they’re jealous of your massive squat poundages.

If you want to become cut, here’s what you should do (it worked for me pretty well, dropped a substantial amount of weight in about a week).

1. Get a plane ticket to a third world country, preferably somewhere hot. I recommend Africa, somewhere near or on the equator.
  2. Spend a month or so doing volunteer work out there, if possible living with a local family.

Reasons this works are:

1. You’ll be eating a very cut down diet, probably a mainly vegeterian diet
  2. The acclimitisation problems combined with travellers diarrhoea and having to use squat toilets means that you’ll spend so much time in the full squat position shitting your guts out, you’ll finally know what a proper depth squat is.[/quote]

On a side note, Africa still isn’t a country.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
[/quote]

Dammit, I meant to write “somewhere in Africa”

[quote]Roual wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

Dammit, I meant to write “somewhere in Africa”[/quote]

Haha, it’s just a pet peeve of mine, after having moved to the states I come across statements like that more often.

EDIT: that isn’t a knock on the US, it’s a knock on stupid people I meet in college.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Squat = power curtsey.

Is that more functional then?

Yes, if you’re a ballerina.

[/quote]

You rang?