How Do I Gain the Most Muscle!

Hello, im James Jones and a beginner at weight lifting sorta. im 16 at a height of 6’2" and weighing 170. Im trying to hit 200 by the end of summer. But i want to gain it all in muscle. Im going after Strength and Size with a little of tone. Im looking for help on how to achieve 200 pounds. I only want to take muscle milk, and that’s it, no other muscle building supplement.

1- Get stronger on the main 4 lifts: Bench, Squat, Overhead press, deadlift
2- Get in some volume on accessory exercises: 3-5 sets of 10-15 reps, 3 or 4 exercises per session
3- Eat. Eat healthy food. Eat a lot of it.
4- Don’t forget to condition. Don’t turn into an out of shape mess

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
2- Get in some volume on accessory exercises: 3-5 sets of 10-15 reps, 3 or 4 exercises per session
4- Don’t forget to condition. Don’t turn into an out of shape mess[/quote]

Haha nice. /end of thread. Good luck OP

red meat and eggs

you forgot to add: drink lots of milk!

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

Exactly what Chris87 said. Accessory exercises are things like bicep curls, tricep extensions, leg extensions, leg curls, laterals for shoulders, ect…But focus main efforts on big lifts.
Pack on the muscle overall, faster.

1 gallon of milk a day…space it out and drink it.

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
I always forget that forth one but damn can I do 3 like a champ.

Go get um OP!

Philosophy- Pick a program and stick to it. (Personal favorite Coaches: Christian Thibaudeau, Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, Joe DeFranco, John Berardi) After a few years of training and learning the way your body reacts to differing stimuli, you can start writing your own programs, but until then, pick a program by a good coach and do it EXACTLY as prescribed. Same for nutritional protocols, pick a coach and then eat exactly how they tell you to. It all works, carb loading, massive eating, the anabolic diet, they’re all effective enough strategies to see gains. Once again, once you’ve read up a lot and ate with discipline for a while you can start doing your own nutritional planning. There’s a zillion different variables to play with, both in training and nutrition, but fiddling doesn’t do shit if you don’t have a solid foundation to stand on.

Intensity- Every day in the gym is a new test, a new challenge to conquer. Just as you should with everything in your life, give your best effort, always. Nobody can ask any more of you than that, just give it your best. This doesn’t mean you need to puke every workout, or that you need to max out every day, it means that you need to constantly be striving to improve. Never stagnate. Competitiveness is your best friend, and the only competitor worth your time is your own ego and insecurity. Every single day, leave the gym a little bit better than when you got there.

Consistency- A really notable physique, a stage-worthy physique, takes years of hard work. The type of body where people turn their head, that takes time, it takes dedication, it takes sacrifice. Every day, every week, every month, every year, every decade, until you die. It is an all-encompassing feat, it is not a hobby, or an activity, it is a lifestyle. It’s cutting, chopping, washing, preparing, and force-feeding food. It’s wrapping, strapping, rubbing, and stretching muscles that feel like they can hardly stand, let alone Squat. It’s lying down, icing, and knocking back Curcumin by the bottle while your friends go out and drink their faces off and live it up. It’s tossing and turning in bed because you’re too sore to sleep, and knowing that when you get up, it’s back to the gym anyway.

I’m tired of all the minutia that goes in to this forum so often.
This is not a math test.
You want supplements?
How about iron, blood, and fucking sweat.

[quote]DozerSoldier wrote:

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

Exactly what Chris87 said. Accessory exercises are things like bicep curls, tricep extensions, leg extensions, leg curls, laterals for shoulders, ect…But focus main efforts on big lifts.
Pack on the muscle overall, faster.
[/quote]

These. Aside from what’s been posted, and people agreeing with the above posts, there’s no reason this thread should get any longer now. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)

^sorry Nate, had to get my 2 cents in…

[quote]jonesjam006 wrote:
Hello, im James Jones and a beginner at weight lifting sorta. im 16 at a height of 6’2" and weighing 170. Im trying to hit 200 by the end of summer. But i want to gain it all in muscle. Im going after Strength and Size with a little of tone. Im looking for help on how to achieve 200 pounds. I only want to take muscle milk, and that’s it, no other muscle building supplement.[/quote]

1. if you want to gain 30 lb of muscle in five months (assuming you’re American), there’s a good chance that you’ll have to weigh well over 200 lb to get it as some weight gain will be fat.

2. if you don’t want to take any other supplements, that’s fine, but I would highly recommend taking a good multivitamin, ZMA, and fish oil caps just as a preventative measure.

3. according to the article linked below, Muscle Milk has quite a bit of heavy metal content; cadmium, lead, and arsenic, not the good kind:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/july/food/protein-drinks/what-our-tests-found/index.htm