How Do I Control My Annoying Hand Shake

It doesn’t count when you heard about him on the Simpsons :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

You need to see a doctor about this.

But if I was in your position Id take magnesium, it is a known muscle relaxant.

1 Like

If it doesn’t let up after a while I’ll check into it for sure. Thank you for the advice!
I did the squeeze @MarkKO was talking about in his post and it really did help! It’s not a complete fix but some control is better :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds like nothing more than weak or fatigued stabilizers to me and or just a coordination thing. Im running into the same sorta thing since Ive gotten back to Benching heavy after a long layoff of not doing so. Few weeks and it will clear up probably.

2 Likes

It sucks that your going through the same thing but it makes me feel better knowing it will pass. I appreciate you letting me know that :slight_smile:

@countrygirl2016 I reread this thread… so for clarification your hand naturally shakes and not just when pressing.

How long has it been that way?
When your pressing are you having issues other than the shaking, such as numbness…tingling or any pain?

1 Like

Yes my hands naturally shake and people are always asking if I need to eat or am nervous. I don’t worry about it because it’s always been like that and I don’t notice much anymore. When I am lifting it’s a different story because it worries me I’m going to drop the weight. Sometimes I have tingling but not bad.

Well im going too add than…if you start noticing a increase in severity in numbness or even pain stop the pressing and see someone in the medical field. Dont want to risk possibly impingement of a nerve…

Also I would re suggest this…( which I think someone already suggested)
if possible press in a power rack with the pins set to catch the bar if your hand gives. Or have a damn good spotter.

2 Likes

My trainer said only lift like that with him and do cardio/ core without him. Nothing hurts it just makes me extremely pissed off :rage: I am going to keep at it and see if weakness has something to do with the increased shaking. I very much appreciate your thoughts!