How Do I Achieve This Muscle?

This girl has them also!

[quote]Gregatron wrote:
This guy seems to know the secret…

Lets keep this site ‘Bodybuildings THINK tank’ fellas…

[/quote]

A prior slogan was Dangerous Muscle as well, which can have many interpretations.

Did you not read TC’s last article, where he talks about how dysfunctional this website can seem, in terms of information, and how it has the capability of being all things to all people?

That includes those of us who don’t wish to be 300 pounds of muscle, but instead want to look good nekkid. Now, gee, where have I heard that before? I’ll swear that term was coined by somebody…now let me think…

It ain’t all about YOU. It’s about US. That includes HIM. Deal with it.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Aren’t those muscles actually bone?[/quote]

I actually thought it was his iliac crest (i.e. the edge of the pelvis) but I’ve never seen mine so I don’t know what it looks like.

I don’t think there is any specific way to train it because it is the outline of your pelvis tying into your rectus abdominis and obliques. I remember when I leaned out for my bachelor party in Vegas a year ago(fucking awesome)I lifted more like a bodybuilder did light ab work but ate realyy clean and did more cardio than usual.

Basically, they just came out from getting lean. I didn’t do anything specific. I did have a good foundation however because of all the O-lifting I do. That had an effect I’m sure. I hope nthat helps.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
This girl has them also![/quote]

I’d hit it!

Damn, the guy wasn’t asking about a muscle was he? It looked like he drew little red circles around the hip bones and asked how to get those to stick out.

So, forgive people for suggesting he just starve himself to death if he wanted his bones to protrude.

The Muscle is a combination of your rectus abdominus, obliquus externus abominus, and your obliquus internus abdominus. These muscles connect to the in side of teh illiac crest, they are not your hip bone, you tend to see this muscle defined in movie stars, fitness models and lower weight class fighters, namely people who do alot of direct ab work and have very low body fat. Heavy rotational work like full contact twists will develop this set of muscles the best.

[quote]aikigreg wrote:

A prior slogan was Dangerous Muscle as well, which can have many interpretations.

Did you not read TC’s last article, where he talks about how dysfunctional this website can seem, in terms of information, and how it has the capability of being all things to all people?

That includes those of us who don’t wish to be 300 pounds of muscle, but instead want to look good nekkid. Now, gee, where have I heard that before? I’ll swear that term was coined by somebody…now let me think…

It ain’t all about YOU. It’s about US. That includes HIM. Deal with it.

[/quote]

I’m sorry… I was just referring to the fact that when someone posts a picture, circles the guys hip bones and then asks “how do I get these muscles?” he should probably THINK about it first.

My post seems to have upset you. I apologise for any emotional damage I may have caused and I offer to buy your next soy latte as a peace offering.

Firstly there IS a muscle there although there is also the hip bone.

Secondly, to the original poster Toodles dont let all this crap put you off asking questions. As Bruce Lee once said “Take what you need and discard the rest”

Or was it Chuck Norris…

That area just seems to show on me whenever I’m around 12% bodyfat or less…
Shit it’s there right now so I better start eating!

I don’t see how this post is much different from any other skinny bastard posting pictures…and then asking about the “Apollo’s belt” magical hip lines.

I thought this site was the anti-Brad Pitt site…not the “I want the lines in my hips that the dude Fight Club has”.

Whatever.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I don’t see how this post is much different from any other skinny bastard posting pictures…and then asking about the “Apollo’s belt” magical hip lines.

I thought this site was the anti-Brad Pitt site…not the “I want the lines in my hips that the dude Fight Club has”.

Whatever. [/quote]

Apparently, we have awoken the sleeping metros with only one well timed response. I suggest we take this opportunity to slay them all.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
This girl has them also!

I’d hit it![/quote]

You’d break it!

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

Oh. my. God.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Whatever.

Apparently, we have awoken the sleeping metros with only one well timed response. I suggest we take this opportunity to slay them all.[/quote]

Aww, come on…we gotta let the Ab Boys have their fun too. It’s so cool to rip the abs up so you can wear a pink shirt unbuttoned in the summertime.

Collars up boys!

[quote]Toodles wrote:
I’ve used lazyaxus11’s pic, I hope he doesn’t mind and perhaps he himself can answer my question if he sees this…

How do I get the two muscles circled in the above pic?

I’d guess it’s either through oblique work outs or lower ab workouts like leg raises and such?

[/quote]

dude, you get them from lifting, eating good and clean…squats, rows, and core work…nothing major, just the usual shit…if you want ‘muscle’ to show, you still have to make it grow…losing fat will show off an ethiopian looking muthafker, sorry to the ethi’s out there but… you know…

remember, it doesnt happen over night LOL

Why do so many of you think that this look is caused by anorexia or simply the jutting out of the hip bone? Our own Caveman exhibits this “V” shaped look to his waist and it is just a product of his strong obliques, solid lower abs, and low level of bodyfat–not a result of his skin wrapped around the hip bone or his lack of eating.

[quote]tblifter wrote:
Why do so many of you think that this look is caused by anorexia or simply the jutting out of the hip bone? Our own Caveman exhibits this “V” shaped look to his waist and it is just a product of his strong obliques, solid lower abs, and low level of bodyfat–not a result of his skin wrapped around the hip bone or his lack of eating.[/quote]

Right, and Caveman dieted down to that…after years of building that size initially (not to mention his genetic structure which can’t be duplicated). I am willing to bet that Toodles is far from this level of development. Care to make a deal?

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

Is it just me or are her wrists larger than her biceps?

The creator of this thread asked a perfectly legitimate anatomy question. He didn’t declare any intention to become skinny, or to have his “hip bones” stick out.

Several people took the time to consider the question for what it was worth and provided real, factual answers. The rest jumped to draw negative conclusions about the creator as quickly as they could. Shame on them. Props to the people who replied and to the thread creator for a good question, one which has also occured to me in the past.