How Do Folks Afford Gear?

I am not a lifter, but I am doing some weights and am happy with how this is working with my HRT.

I have done a lot of reading in this forum and have not seen this subject discussed.

For some of you, gear must be a huge cost. How do folks pay for all of this? Do all lifters on gear have high paying jobs? It sounds like a very expensive life style. And for some the costs of food and supplements adds to the cost of the gear.

Sell it.

man-whore

well define expensive. i can get testosterone enanthate at 250mg/ml at 50ml for $110. thats around 16 weeks for me. i need about 3 of those bottles a year. i spend more on food than i do gear. i dont buy orals other than serms and AI’s anymore so thats a lot of money saved. it costs me around $350 a year to stay on test.

[quote]KSman wrote:
I am not a lifter, but I am doing some weights and am happy with how this is working with my HRT.

I have done a lot of reading in this forum and have not seen this subject discussed.

For some of you, gear must be a huge cost. How do folks pay for all of this? Do all lifters on gear have high paying jobs? It sounds like a very expensive life style. And for some the costs of food and supplements adds to the cost of the gear.[/quote]

Gear is a helluva lot less expensive than otc supplements…if you know where to buy.

I rob banks.

It depends on what your priorities are, doesn’t it? For ex: If you have a reasonable job and a social life, you can blow far more money on booze (or blow/ecstasy/weed, if that’s your scene) and cover charges than most people spend on gear.

All good answers.

[quote]pankie wrote:
well define expensive. i can get testosterone enanthate at 250mg/ml at 50ml for $110. thats around 16 weeks for me. i need about 3 of those bottles a year. i spend more on food than i do gear. i dont buy orals other than serms and AI’s anymore so thats a lot of money saved. it costs me around $350 a year to stay on test.[/quote]

Damn!

well you could always fly to central and south america and get your gear really cheap. I got some test 200mg 10c/c for 12.50 a vial. if you cant fly that far then the closest place to get them is mexico… “arriba arriba ese”

I’m rich :slight_smile:

[quote]pankie wrote:
well define expensive. i can get testosterone enanthate at 250mg/ml at 50ml for $110. thats around 16 weeks for me. i need about 3 of those bottles a year. i spend more on food than i do gear. i dont buy orals other than serms and AI’s anymore so thats a lot of money saved. it costs me around $350 a year to stay on test.[/quote]

Hunh. I guess it isn’t that much in the grand scheme of things. Shit- I think I spent about $450 of powerlifting equipment last year (and honestly some of that was at friend-prices buying equipment from my sponsored homies) and I’ll probbaly spend about the same before this year is out.

I can’t help but wonder whether I would have put up better numbers using shit equipment and juice vs. lifting clean and trying every high-end shirt and squat suit I could get my mitts on. Oh well, maybe next time.

[quote]pankie wrote:

Agree. I remember some guy tried to sell me some Sust 250 10ml vial for $200. I look at what some people buy steroids for and cringe. Street prices can be pretty steep. Alternatives: homebrew, find someone with a powder source, or check out underground labs. Paper and Stealth products are pretty cheap.

JC

Homebrew is the way to go. Cheap cheap cheap. And it is a fun hobby.

I don’t use (yet) but I have been doing lots of research and was very surprised at the low cost associated with some of the more basic cycles (test + deca + dbol + anti e’s for ex.) when compared to what I used to spend on supps. Compare the price of a 10-12 weeker to the cost of going to a bar every Saturday night for 12 weeks and you’ll be amazed at how much cheaper it is!

I’m in business for myself.
www.BossFreeDad.com

I think Snoop Dog said it best, “you need to get a jobby job.”

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Homebrew is the way to go. Cheap cheap cheap. And it is a fun hobby. [/quote]

How did you get started? What would be the one piece of info you wish you would have had?

[quote]Viking69 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Homebrew is the way to go. Cheap cheap cheap. And it is a fun hobby.

How did you get started? What would be the one piece of info you wish you would have had?[/quote]

I started by reading and reading and reading some more.

Then I bought some implants - synovex-h and finaplix-h, and converted them. I really enjoyed the process, and decided right than that I would be a homebrewer.

I was very fortunate to have really smart, helpful and patient vets listen to me and put up with my inanely stupid questions - so there is really no info I didn’t have.

Well - I take that back. When the prop powder is on the cabinet drying it looks a lot like Vanilla Metabolic Drive. at least it does to my wife.

I wish I had known to clean the cabinet of all spilled Metabolic Drive BEFORE I went to bed, as my lovely wife thought it was prop powder and carefully collected it and put it in my prop powder

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Well - I take that back. When the prop powder is on the cabinet drying it looks a lot like Vanilla Metabolic Drive. at least it does to my wife.

I wish I had known to clean the cabinet of all spilled Metabolic Drive BEFORE I went to bed, as my lovely wife thought it was prop powder and carefully collected it and put it in my prop powder[/quote]

LOL… My wife does that with my cocai… just kidding…