How Do Fat People Live With Themselves?

right, but the difference is most of us are doing things that INCREASE the quality of our life, our health, and length of life. People may ask why we carry excess muscle, but it serves a purpose. Excess fat is basically just sitting there killing you. [/quote]

so eating 4000 calories(even if it healthy cals) a day and being 40lbs heavier than our normal bodyweight(without lifting) is something healthy that wil lengthen our lives?

lol.

Theres no relationship between attractiveness and happiness.

Food allergies, sleep apnoea, genetic diseases, tumors, psychological disorders…

These are just some of the things that can make you fat without you having any say in it.

So next time you look down on someone who weighs more than you, just remember that there is a chance that you are just being an asshole about something you have no idea about.

Just an idea.

Hey I think Courtney Love is single. And probably very experienced and could show you some moves.

OP: Are you REALLY a mental health counsellor?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
why do you care?

All the ills in the world and this is what instigates you to write a rant?

If you had been squished next to one in an airport seat or something then that would be something to rant about.
[/quote]

I ranted about getting squished by fatties in a crowded plane and I got hell for it. Someone compared my supposed animosity toward fat people (not true really) with sexism and racism. I was taken aback. Generally, race and sex are immutable, but our body weight is not. I don’t think there is such a thing as “fatism,” but if there is, I’ve already been accused of it. I believe nearly all fat people could do something about their excessive weight but don’t. Even thyroid problems can be treated with medication.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
there are plenty of people who wonder why would we want to carry an excess amount of muscle.

“i mean, his arm was lik the size of my HEAD, who would honestly want to look like that”[/quote]

This…

There is a kid at work that says this shit to me all the time.[/quote]

right, but the difference is most of us are doing things that INCREASE the quality of our life, our health, and length of life. People may ask why we carry excess muscle, but it serves a purpose. Excess fat is basically just sitting there killing you. [/quote]

lets not make our passion for building muscle go without its fault. What about the unfortunates members of this site who WILL develop an eating disorder, insulin destabilization, spine injuries, need an ankle infusion…the list here goes on. this is not as pure as you might think. Everyone here is at the same risk for the same health issues as everyone else.

Having muscle mass does not make you invincible.

anyway, why do you care?
[/quote]

What the hell is an ankle infusion?

all pov are good and for most overweight people, they are addicted to eating food and is as powerfull as narcs

and requires drastic measures to get better and the same for those who are addicted to drugs. both can cause servere damages to their bodies and the worrk they must do to repair their damaged bodies as well.

[quote]davidcox1 wrote:

why do you care?

If you had been squished next to one in an airport seat or something then that would be something to rant about.
[/quote]

I ranted about getting squished by fatties in a crowded plane and I got hell for it. Someone compared my supposed animosity toward fat people (not true really) with sexism and racism. I was taken aback. Generally, race and sex are immutable, but our body weight is not. I don’t think there is such a thing as “fatism,” but if there is, I’ve already been accused of it. I believe nearly all fat people could do something about their excessive weight but don’t. Even thyroid problems can be treated with medication.[/quote]

I can’t say I remember your thread but was it around the time there were about 6 “I hate fat people” threads going on at the same time?

in any case, I would completely understand your rant over being squished on a plane.

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:
I’m 5’11", I used to be 200kg and have been down to 90kg and now hover around 100kg and usually keep my abs visible. So I’ve done kinda the two extremes.
[/quote]

That is seriously fucking impressive, much respect.

Body image in society is something I’ve actually been thinking about a lot lately. I like to take care of my body as much as anyone else but I think these ‘anti-fat’ threads are pointless and arrogant. Unless someone is seriously obese, I really don’t notice it about them, and I’d much rather be with a girl that carried a bit of meat than a fucking stick insect.

I’ve become disgusted with the images of ‘perfection’ the media throws at us day after day after day. They are sending a message that unless you look like that dude from Twilight(this year’s ideal look, apparently) or Megan Fox, then you aren’t good enough.
Personality and intelligence are being stamped out to make way for ‘hawt abz’ or a ‘toned belly’. Stomach fat is seen as the devil. Combine this with the amount of shitty, processed food that is so cheap and so easy to and live on and the throw in the misinformation that is hurled at people by the fitness industry(the stuff highlighted in the ‘misinforative video’ thread) and it’s no wonder there are so many overweight people out there.

But the images of what a person ‘should’ look like are so fucking perfect that anybody who is carrying a bit of excess weight starts to feel like shit about themselves(the same seems to apply to seriously underweight people as well).
I was talking to a pretty thin friend recently about weight training and he admitted that one problem about going weight training in the gym is that you look like an idiot when you’re a skinny guy trying to lift weights. As silly as this might seem to us I understand what he meant. I used to weigh 175lbs at 6’'0 and I admit I did feel a bit strange being a skinny guy in the weights section the first few times. A workmate confirmed the same thing.
The same thing applies to fat people. They even look out of place in the gym. When working at a gym last year I used to love to see them in there making an effort and trying but I rarely saw them return and truth be told I only ever saw 3 of them.

I couldn’t imagine how hard it is for an obese person to start exercising. The fear of ridicule must be immense. My sister’s dear friend was once a very heavy girl but in about 6 months she lost something like 150lbs and is now a chronic anorexic(hospitalised at the moment). It’s a sad situation. She wanted to lose the weight so badly she went the wrong way about and at the end of the day it’s society’s fault for equating fat=bad.

Don’t get me wrong. I love to see people in the gym and making the effort(40 year old wives trying to lose the bingo-wings or the underweight 17 year old guy trying desperately to put on a bit of mass) but it pisses me off to see people feel like shit because they don’t succumb to what’s deemed as ‘ideal’ by a clueless society.

Further more AccipiterQ, girls(for reasons I’ll never fully comprehend) are much much much more conscious of how they look and their BF% than men are. We all know this. So your friend’s obese friend probably doesn’t feel great about herself.
I’d hate to be in that situation. Over time it leads to terrible self-esteem and sadly this paradigm shows no sign of stopping.

Gah, sorry, rant over. Just something that’s been on my mind a bit lately.

Media does play a big role in this (i think) because it constantly shows the guy being a “guy” meaning they super cool cause they are lazy(dont really know how to explain just watch any TV Show and youll see what i mean).

Granted that doesn’t make them obese but it defiantly can lead to it IMO.

In before picture of OP’s glutes

[quote]The other Rob wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
there are plenty of people who wonder why would we want to carry an excess amount of muscle.

“i mean, his arm was lik the size of my HEAD, who would honestly want to look like that”[/quote]

This…

There is a kid at work that says this shit to me all the time.[/quote]

lets not make our passion for building muscle go without its fault. What about the unfortunates members of this site who WILL develop an eating disorder, insulin destabilization, spine injuries, need an ankle fusion…the list here goes on. this is not as pure as you might think. Everyone here is at the same risk for the same health issues as everyone else.

Having muscle mass does not make you invincible.

anyway, why do you care?
[/quote]

What the hell is an ankle infusion?[/quote]

my bad, I meant ankle fusion…remoning ankle joint that is damaged from excess force or weight bearing.

i hate people with crooked teeth. i mean, why can’t they just get braces? what a bunch of assholes.

[quote]davidcox1 wrote:

why do you care?

[/quote]

I ranted about getting squished by fatties in a crowded plane and I got hell for it. Someone compared my supposed animosity toward fat people (not true really) with sexism and racism. I was taken aback. Generally, race and sex are immutable, but our body weight is not. I don’t think there is such a thing as “fatism,” but if there is, I’ve already been accused of it. I believe nearly all fat people could do something about their excessive weight but don’t. Even thyroid problems can be treated with medication.[/quote]

I can’t say I remember your thread but was it around the time there were about 6 “I hate fat people” threads going on at the same time?

in any case, I would completely understand your rant over being squished on a plane.
[/quote]

Worse, my rant was on Twitter. “The twit heard 'round the world.” Or it seemed that way to me given the adverse reaction I experienced. I learned my lesson. I’m am a “fatist” no more.

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:
i hate people with crooked teeth. i mean, why can’t they just get braces? what a bunch of assholes.[/quote]

Not the same thing as being fat.

Most fat fucks don’t actually believe that they are fat. There’s all kinds of delusional people out there.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
OP: Are you REALLY a mental health counsellor?[/quote]

DaCharmingAlbino: Are you really charming?

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:
I’m 5’11", I used to be 200kg and have been down to 90kg and now hover around 100kg and usually keep my abs visible. So I’ve done kinda the two extremes.
[/quote]

That is seriously fucking impressive, much respect.

Body image in society is something I’ve actually been thinking about a lot lately. I like to take care of my body as much as anyone else but I think these ‘anti-fat’ threads are pointless and arrogant. Unless someone is seriously obese, I really don’t notice it about them, and I’d much rather be with a girl that carried a bit of meat than a fucking stick insect.

I’ve become disgusted with the images of ‘perfection’ the media throws at us day after day after day. They are sending a message that unless you look like that dude from Twilight(this year’s ideal look, apparently) or Megan Fox, then you aren’t good enough.
Personality and intelligence are being stamped out to make way for ‘hawt abz’ or a ‘toned belly’. Stomach fat is seen as the devil. Combine this with the amount of shitty, processed food that is so cheap and so easy to and live on and the throw in the misinformation that is hurled at people by the fitness industry(the stuff highlighted in the ‘misinforative video’ thread) and it’s no wonder there are so many overweight people out there.

But the images of what a person ‘should’ look like are so fucking perfect that anybody who is carrying a bit of excess weight starts to feel like shit about themselves(the same seems to apply to seriously underweight people as well).
I was talking to a pretty thin friend recently about weight training and he admitted that one problem about going weight training in the gym is that you look like an idiot when you’re a skinny guy trying to lift weights. As silly as this might seem to us I understand what he meant. I used to weigh 175lbs at 6’'0 and I admit I did feel a bit strange being a skinny guy in the weights section the first few times. A workmate confirmed the same thing.
The same thing applies to fat people. They even look out of place in the gym. When working at a gym last year I used to love to see them in there making an effort and trying but I rarely saw them return and truth be told I only ever saw 3 of them.

I couldn’t imagine how hard it is for an obese person to start exercising. The fear of ridicule must be immense. My sister’s dear friend was once a very heavy girl but in about 6 months she lost something like 150lbs and is now a chronic anorexic(hospitalised at the moment). It’s a sad situation. She wanted to lose the weight so badly she went the wrong way about and at the end of the day it’s society’s fault for equating fat=bad.

Don’t get me wrong. I love to see people in the gym and making the effort(40 year old wives trying to lose the bingo-wings or the underweight 17 year old guy trying desperately to put on a bit of mass) but it pisses me off to see people feel like shit because they don’t succumb to what’s deemed as ‘ideal’ by a clueless society.

Further more AccipiterQ, girls(for reasons I’ll never fully comprehend) are much much much more conscious of how they look and their BF% than men are. We all know this. So your friend’s obese friend probably doesn’t feel great about herself.
I’d hate to be in that situation. Over time it leads to terrible self-esteem and sadly this paradigm shows no sign of stopping.

Gah, sorry, rant over. Just something that’s been on my mind a bit lately. [/quote]

Well said.

If I didn’t create a gym at home there’s no way I would have lost weight because there is no way I was going to work out publicly.

I have a friend who has lost 60lbs since the summer and he’s ready and wanting to get into better shape and lift weights and get in some conditioning but he won’t go the gym because he doesn’t want to be a flabby weakling publicly. He also wants to go swimming but can’t bring himself to go shirtless in public. He would even take off his shirt to put on a life jacket to go tubing at the lake this summer even though I know he really badly wanted to get on the thing. You’d think after losing a bunch of weight he’d be feeling better but that isn’t the case.

losing weight is a hard thing. just look at how much we respect or give props to those who have lost a lot of weight. it shouldn’t surprise you that some people aren’t mentally strong enough to lose weight but others are able to. in life, there are many endeavors that some fail at and others succeed. not unlike our mission at T-Nation.