How Did You Get Your Arms Bigger?

Why both? Hypertrophy is systemic.

2 Likes

And if your lacking some thickness, I hear that wrapping a fat grip round the ole fella bumps up the forearm growthā€¦ My uh mate told meā€¦

2 Likes

isnā€™t that essentially a fleshlight?

OH MY GOD FATGRIPZ ARE JUST FLESHLIGHTS

I canā€™t deal with how hilarious that is

8 Likes

Fuck all yā€™all. Really great phrase.

Iā€™m glad this thread spiraled into its current state.

1 Like

2 g test e every week

Can that be plunged straight down the pee pipe?

1 Like

Pssst just shorten the rest periods. Itā€™s all about TUT and MMC.

1 Like

MMC is crucial! Makes it all pumped up and veinyā€¦ Oh wait, are you talking about arms still?

1 Like

I usually am 4-6 inches larger wth a pump.

im a grower, not a showā€™er

5 Likes

I think thatā€™s one muscle that nobody has trouble getting an MMC with

Just following Wendlerā€™s advice. Anyway Iā€™ll restate my point to clarify what my op meant.
Food + Upper body work - Squats = arm growth was pretty bad
Food + Upper body work + Squats = ok arm growth

Iā€™ll stop shitting on the thread with my opinion now.
Iā€™m also fully aware my bulks been successful flip lol.

1 Like

Hugh could just have the arm genetics of a god and we will never knowā€¦ seriously everyone dont argue like be happy . Yall needa go deadlift and release some inner rage

Nope, just short and heavy which means large circumference. Flips got 4 inches of height on me and weighs a bit less. Obviously my arms would be larger (fatter) due to this. Nothing special about me.

1 Like

And year and years of training and to be honest your arms cant be 18 inches if his arent

1 Like

honestly, given the fact that heā€™s 4 inches shorter than me AND heavier, that means heā€™s carrying quite a bit of fat (since his lifts are so much lower than mine, I have to assume this), and fat arms are big arms, lol. They might actually measure that big.

People, including myself when I started, just donā€™t really understand how big an 18" LEAN arm is. The fact that a Mr Olympia winner had 18" arms, if that, tells you what you need to know, as mentioned above. Thatā€™s fucking huge. It sucks because we were mislead during the Arnold Era, along with pro wrestlers being a bunch of liars, to believe that 20-22" arms were the gold standard. You can be MUCH smaller than this and be massive as compared to the rest of humanity.

4 Likes

Haha fucking lol

Correct assumptions. If I had 18 inch lean arms that would be a different story. Thatā€™d be impressive. Just regular old fatceps for me.

1 Like

I had 18.5" arms tooā€¦ then I lost 60lbs of fatā€¦ All I was left with was just under 16.5" arms. Iā€™m sure Iā€™d lose another half inch if I got as lean as Flip or Rob.

1 Like

The tape ia supposed to be loose when I measure them for the Internet as well, correct?

5 Likes

Truth.

Back in the 1930s, a lean 15-inch arm was pretty rare (even though many people in general didnā€™t train). Sig Klein, who ran a famous gym in New York, had it as a benchmark and kept track of the few members who made it into the ā€œmythical organizationā€. Pretty sure most current gyms could do the same thing and have a sadly short list, too.

6 Likes