How Did You Get Your Arms Bigger?

Sorta off topic, but when people make arm measurements claims on line, I take it with a grain of salt myself.

6 Likes

Maybe we need a show and tell.

These are my arms (pics obviously)
This is how I approach arm training
They measure x

100% this.

I don’t have what I’d call big arms, so I refrained from contributing. But now my mind is boggled.

I remember a similar thread back in the old days of this site where a certain professor had a significant impact on stopping this insanity.

4 Likes

I don’t have big arms at all, they’re very proportional to my frame. Just describing how they got to where they are now. Compared to the twiglets at my school, however, they are quite large.

I am not sure why you replied to my post.

But yeah, I too had bigger arms than my friends in high school when I was training and they weren’t. I look back and see photos of myself at 17 and realize just how small they were.

Crazy how perspective changes things.

True point. Spending too much time on T Nation has definitely changed my perspective.

Yeah so do I
 amazing how many guys were claiming 18 plus inch arms. I think of one guy if memory served claimed 18 at like 6 foot @ 170lbs.

3 Likes

Hahaha as Christian Thibaudeu once said:
" 80% of lifters started training to have big arms , the others are liers" lol

Dude do you honestly care about a teenagers opinion on how they’ve made their arms bigger, you’re in your thirties. If it is affecting you that much I really don’t have anything else to say.

1 Like

I appreciate your concern regarding the signal to noise ratio.

3 Likes

I’m curios as to where you read in the question did you manage to read that you should only post if your arms are a certain size at a certain weight. I really can’t make it out. [quote=“c-adams, post:32, topic:229328”]
I strongly believe that on forums beginners need to be corrected if they are posting something that they don’t have the experience to comment on.
[/quote]

This is a blatant lie. If this were true then you would post more than once every 2 months and last time it was putting duke down over you perceiving him to have a lack of progress. [quote=“c-adams, post:32, topic:229328”]
This is a pubic forum, there will be debates.
[/quote]

Yes, a public forum where people can say things and answer questions. Don’t get upset over a answer you don’t like. [quote=“c-adams, post:32, topic:229328”]
You need to have a thicker skin
[/quote]

You reappeared for the first time in 2 months in a attempt to put me down as I annoyed you last time. Act your age. [quote=“T3hPwnisher, post:33, topic:229328”]
the signal to noise ratio.
[/quote]
:awthanks:

To be honest, although I don’t agree with @hugh_gilly suggestion and I don’t think it will build impressive arms, in terms of the question asked I don’t see a problem with the answer or a beginner answering this one.

Ok if the question was worded differently, then your response would be warranted. The 18in arms bit is misleading though! I’m sporting 16in lean bordering very lean arms, not massive by any stretch. If the question was how do you build 20in lean arms I wouldn’t have responded.

3 Likes

I had no idea who you were. I had to look at your log and even after looking at that I didn’t remember you. No hate from me. As for putting Duke down for a lack of progress, that was in a thread were he was talking about giving unsolicited advice despite being a novice. Beginners shouldn’t be giving any advice! Like I said, it’s something I feel strongly about. I don’t post much as I don’t have much time and don’t feel like I’m advanced or experienced enough to post a lot.

I won’t respond to you anymore.

1 Like

The question says how did you get your arms as big as they are now. He squated, he ate food, his arms are his arms and they are as big as they are now. It’s not a wrong answer and it’s not specific enough a question to be a wrong answer.

Expressing his opinion is his free will, the same one you have not to listen or agree with his opinion. That’s how forums work.

1 Like

Guys, I don’t think anyone in this exchange is confused about how forums work.

2 Likes

Using a bit of common sense, it obvious the op was asking people who made made progress in arm size. The title is a giveaway!

1 Like

I read this forum as muscle gain arm size, not just arm size. That’s why I said what I said about squats. If you want big biceps, deadlift, row and eat. If you want big triceps, bench, ohp, dips and eat. If you just want your arm size to be bigger without bigger bis or tris, just eat and squat. Also, @hugh_gilly, your arms would not stay 18 if you lost the weight. I second @Yogi1

2 Likes

To be fair, not many people would maintain their arm size while losing weight.

But your point (the tissue comp of his arms) is made.

1 Like

@c-adams @hugh_gilly calm down guys
 It’s just a fucking simple question about arms and people can’t stop being offended😑

2 Likes

It’s not “easy” but it’s “simple” – at least for me.

Plan your weekly and monthly training template. It can be anything: 5 day bodypart split; push-pull; upper-lower etc.

BUT, do extra work on the body part you want to grow only after you’ve competed your mandatory weekly sessions. In my case this means a 5-day BP split. So on Sat or Sunday I get to do an “arms day” if that’s my focus.

This is for important for 2 reasons:

1. Doing everything else is probably more important for arm (or wherever) size than the direct ISO work. Squats, loaded carries, chins, shoulder presses & deadlifts put on size everywhere.

2. Doing arm work now becomes a “reward” in addition to extra volume for a lagging bodypart.

I’ve been 220, 230, 240 and up to 270 and have always had veins in my biceps which means my arms grow with the rest of my body.

But as for specific arms training advice: train for the “pump”. Heavy arm work has never worked for me.