How Did Bush Make His Billions?

[quote]ntroych wrote:
I love listening to/reading rants like this.

People who believe that gas prices have nothing to do with the economics of supply and demend astonish me. THey would have us believe that gas prices have nothing to do with record consumption levels in the US. Oil prices also have nothing to do with China emerging as a top oil consumer. No, those are lame excuses - it’s obviously GWB’s fault…

Want to expose their bias? If GWB was controlling gas prices, then I would expect to see the same posters who blame him for rising prices to praise him when prices fall. I’m not holding my breath.

And by the way, we haven’t exerpienced a year without record gas prices since the proliferation of the automobile. Gas prices were rising 50 years ago and they’ll be on the rise 50 years from now. Take off the blinders.

Nick[/quote]

Wow - great post.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Simple, he an OIL baron from texas. Think about that next time you try and find reasons why every time a BUSH has been in office the gas prices skyrocketed.

He sits on private boards with other powerfull families that make up the OPEC leaders. One of the most prominanat families on the board is none other then the Bin Laden Family.

On another note i said from day ONE they will NEVER, mark my words NEVER catch osama. Why? Consider it a family favor to his fellow bin laden board members. Even now they’re starting to babble about him no longer being important to catch because too much of his network is in shambles for him to be any threat, the lies continue people, wake up already.[/quote]

1.) The President of the United States is not allowed to sit on any “boards,” precisely because he is the President of the United States.

2.) The US is not part of OPEC. For a quick look at who is, please visit www.opec.org .

3.) The Bin Laden family is in the construction business. They do not have anything to do with OPEC (which is a group of governments working together as a group, not private businesspeople), nor with oil in general.

Double yawn.

Please try to refute the above – specifically, point-by-point. This should be fun. :slight_smile:

Wasn’t their previous theory that the Saudi’s were keeping prices up and then right before the election they were going to drop them so Bush would win the election. You know since they are in bed together since the Prescot Bush days…

The agitation and propoganda department at the DNC is really churning it out these days.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
shorty_blitz wrote:
You can yawn all you like dude, but when you are payin something like $1.6 for a litre of fuel here in the UK then all of a sudden you forget about yawning and other emotions come to mind.

You ever stop to consider how much of that $1.60 is taxes?

How in the hell is that even a U.S. problem? [/quote]

Good point RJ and taxes aside, business factors come into play here too. If I’m looking to put as much money in my pocket as possible as quickly as possible I’ll sell 4 L of gas for $2.5 before I’ll sell 1 L for $1.6, Especially if I have so much gas that I can’t possibly disperse it all in my lifetime. Volume discounts are the American way.

Along the same lines, the US GDP per capita is ~$40K, total GDP is ~$12 trillion. the UK is ~$29K and ~$2 trillion. So, not only does the U.S. buy more petroleum products, we produce more/more valuable stuff in return. Don’t like paying $1.6/L? Buy in volume and make more products in return.

FYI

Bush and his family are not from Texas.

They are from the northeast. Bush’s mother is from upstate New York and her family is from Ohio.

That family made millions (not billions) working on wall street and being on boards of large publically traded companies.

The Texan accent is real but he picked it up from living there after college much like I have picked up a slight NJ accent from living here for the past 7+ years.

Get your facts straight.

Kerry and Bush are cut from the same cloth as they grew up on the same circles, went to the same universities, got the same grades, and lived privileged lives growing up.

Money buys you access in the USA.

We all must learn to get over it.

The only thing worse than looney theories is how they all get laid at the feet of “the left” as if many people actually pay any attention to them…

[quote]Gregus wrote:
ok if you guys honestly think that you know the true net worth of any millionare based on a show that shows facts you guys are beyond reproach and a few steps behind. [/quote]

Well…I will say this: you certainly don’t let facts get in the way of your dubious assertions!

[quote]vroom wrote:
The only thing worse than looney theories is how they all get laid at the feet of “the left” as if many people actually pay any attention to them…[/quote]

You are right. This is why the Democrats have to distance themselves from the Michael Moore types as soon as possible.

The Democrats need real debate on issues, not this kind of BS.

I’m not sure why people are so freaked by gas prices…next time you fill up, go buy 4 1-liter bottles of water (roughly a gallon) and you’ll find that the gas was cheaper than the water.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Simple, he an OIL baron from texas. Think about that next time you try and find reasons why every time a BUSH has been in office the gas prices skyrocketed.

He sits on private boards with other powerfull families that make up the OPEC leaders. One of the most prominanat families on the board is none other then the Bin Laden Family.

On another note i said from day ONE they will NEVER, mark my words NEVER catch osama. Why? Consider it a family favor to his fellow bin laden board members. Even now they’re starting to babble about him no longer being important to catch because too much of his network is in shambles for him to be any threat, the lies continue people, wake up already.[/quote]

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

The Democrats need real debate on issues, not this kind of BS.[/quote]

The problem with the democratic party is that they can’t have a debate on the issues until they can offer something other than crying about the Republicans. What they lack is a vision for the future with a viable plan for implementing it. Right now they remind me of the Chicago Bears, all defense and no offense.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
The problem with the democratic party is that they can’t have a debate on the issues until they can offer something other than crying about the Republicans. What they lack is a vision for the future with a viable plan for implementing it. Right now they remind me of the Chicago Bears, all defense and no offense.
[/quote]
Way to go–football analogy! It all makes sense now.

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
I’m not sure why people are so freaked by gas prices…next time you fill up, go buy 4 1-liter bottles of water (roughly a gallon) and you’ll find that the gas was cheaper than the water.
[/quote]

Yeah, but I once saw a pic of GWB drinking bottled water - I’d like to submit that as irrefutable evidence that he is directly linked to skyrocketing water prices:)

Nick

In case you guys wonder I not a Democrat but a Republican. I love what bush has done for people like me. Where else can i get the first 100,000 of my income tax free just for leasing a H2? Anywho, we’ll have to agree to disagree here.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
In case you guys wonder I not a Democrat but a Republican. I love what bush has done for people like me. Where else can i get the first 100,000 of my income tax free just for leasing a H2? Anywho, we’ll have to agree to disagree here. [/quote]

I have a hummer and my first $100K isn’t tax free?

YOu might be a RINO Greg, like McCain.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Gregus wrote:
In case you guys wonder I not a Democrat but a Republican. I love what bush has done for people like me. Where else can i get the first 100,000 of my income tax free just for leasing a H2? Anywho, we’ll have to agree to disagree here.

[/quote]

You didn’t lease the Hummer if you got that much of a break.

Sure i did, i own my own corporation with employees, leased buildings and the whole anchilada. Got a good accountant. Our President is a president for business people and those that have a good amoount of $$. That’s why i love republicans.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Gregus wrote:

[/quote]

You lost me on the RINO part.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
In case you guys wonder I not a Democrat but a Republican. I love what bush has done for people like me. Where else can i get the first 100,000 of my income tax free just for leasing a H2? Anywho, we’ll have to agree to disagree here. [/quote]

Hmm, you know it’s funny… but last time I checked, the President cannot make changes to the tax code by edict and they need to go through Congress. That loophole had been in effect for a while and is now going away…

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Sure i did, i own my own corporation with employees, leased buildings and the whole anchilada. Got a good accountant. Our President is a president for business people and those that have a good amoount of $$. That’s why i love republicans.[/quote]

Is there any reason you are just throwing out new generalities and not addressing any of our original refutations re: the President sitting on corporate boards, his family not making their money in oil or the fact that the U.S. is not even part of OPEC?

Perhaps your corporation could afford to buy you a dictionary?