How Comments Affect Me

So far, here are the comments I’ve gotten so far this year on my body:

“You’ve lost some weight!”

Whenever, and I mean WHENEVER I hear this, I automatically think it’s time to get bigger.

“Dam you are getting big”

THis is always a cool little comment, but is very general. WHen I hear it, it usually just rolls off my ass and I keep on doing whatever I am doing.

Now this last comment really got to me. I know alot of you on here disapprove of stopping once this is said but it really gets to me:

“What happened man, you lost some definition.”

This is when I all of a sudden lose my appetite and the comments start at the top again.

As a counter argument for my behaviors, I know it’s wrong to base actions off of others comments. But they really affect me. It’s an internal conflict and it can really fuck with your mentality if you are obsessed with how you look. SO far this is the conclusion I have come to:

Don’t listen to the mirror
Don’t listen to others
Listen to your body.

THe End

Haha and for all of you english nerds out there, try not to focus on the point of view variations throughout this post.

awesome…

Have you ever heard the following comment:

“You are out of your tree”

Or:

“You forgot to take your med’s this morning”?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Have you ever heard the following comment:

“You are out of your tree”

Or:

“You forgot to take your med’s this morning”?[/quote]

bahahahaha

People in general are so warped and stupid about how they view themselves and others.

300lbs 6’1… You arnt fat! NO YOU ARNT! NO NO NO!
What the fuck is wrong with you of course I am?!
NO YOU ARNT… I get this from so many people.
Then there are the “I’m not fat im average”… The people who ar’nt extremely overweight but are definitely fat…just not so medically obese that they think of themselves as fat compared to everyone else.
I think so many people now believe that contestants on the biggest loser are Fat… anything less then imminent death means im just a little chubby.

My point is… People think that Brad pitt is HOOOYGE…so If you are bigger than him they imagine your 8 feet tall and 600 lbs of pure muscle. so if anyone says your small, lost definition, got to big… or anything thing in between then they are more than likely just wrong.

The “you lost definition” one used to get to me when I would finally eat enough to gain weight. This is the first time I have said fuck it. I know how to lose fat, so if i get a bit blurry, so be it.

I have never been biggor or stronger in my life. I can see very easily that I have lost definition, but who fuckin cares? Get it back when you have more to show.

You have seen the cycle you have going based on comments you receive. Forget that shit. If you wanna get bigger, fuckin do it.

as far as the whole “you’ve lost definition” comment … I would’ve retorted with a 'NO SHIT"

Seriously, you’re eating more, you’re going to lose some definition. If you visualize this before you up your caloric intake those comments should not affect you. That same logic goes along with the other comments that “affect you” … man up and realize YOUR goals, not the idea of someone elses goals for you.

Tell em to get their own goals and stop living vicariously through how you look/perform/anything.

“You feel smaller in there”

:frowning:

Respond with: No, you got bigger. Whore.

“your balls are showing”

I hear that one a lot followed by:

“put your hands behind your back sir, you are under arrest”

If one lifts for their own good, then nothing anyone says should mean anything to them.

I tend to find that many people who dwell on these types of comments are not lifting for any other reason than what others think about them…which in my opinion is the wrong reason.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
If one lifts for their own good, then nothing anyone says should mean anything to them.

I tend to find that many people who dwell on these types of comments are not lifting for any other reason than what others think about them…which in my opinion is the wrong reason. [/quote]

So lifting to look good for others is wrong?

I can see where you are comming from, but I feel like most people outside of the powerlifting club lift for asethetic reasons as well as Strength

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
Rockscar wrote:

I tend to find that many people who dwell on these types of comments are not lifting for any other reason than what others think about them…which in my opinion is the wrong reason.

So lifting to look good for others is wrong?

I can see where you are comming from, but I feel like most people outside of the powerlifting club lift for asethetic reasons as well as Strength [/quote]

I would say yeah. Or at least if you’re only lifting for others. Personally though, I don’t care what others think, I know what my goals are and that I’m not going to have hawt abz all the time if I want to get bigger. Nor do I need them as I spend most of my life with a shirt on.

lol, that’s a pretty lame comment. Tell them to go fuck themselves.

[quote]markdp wrote:
lol, that’s a pretty lame comment. Tell them to go fuck themselves. [/quote]

Go fuck yourself

WOW!!! That does work!!! I’m going to tell my boss that RIGHT NOW … you’ve freed me from the shackles of positive healthy relationships … youre my hero!