How Clean is Your Clean?

Throughout the forums I hear people talking,“I eat clean”…“you aren’t eating clean enough”…“try eating clean for a while” blah blah blah.

What I want to know is what do you consider YOUR clean. And what do you deprive your self off on a daily basis.

for example some people wont eat sugar free gum because of the sorbitol. things like that

pretty much during the week, I won’t eat any junk (cookies, ice cream, pizza, etc).

The closest I get for the most part is a lot of bread (maybe too much lately).

I might drink a few beers on a friday night or get some dessert 1-2 x week.

Roughly 80% of my diet is clean, healthy food.

[quote]lokiau wrote:

What I want to know is what do you consider YOUR clean. And what do you deprive your self of

[/quote]

That mentality is a set up for failure and non-compliance my friend.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
lokiau wrote:

What I want to know is what do you consider YOUR clean. And what do you deprive your self of

That mentality is a set up for failure and non-compliance my friend.[/quote]

Yeah, I like to think more of earning my cheat meal, rather than depriving myself of it.

I allow myself two cheat meals a week. A dinner and a breakfast. Every other meal throughout the week is clean, save for a few unavoidable situations where life gets in the way.

I have been on the V=Diet for 8 days and I don’t miss a thing. I had doughnuts waved in my face this morning and it didn’t even bother me.

I have only been eating clean for about 2 months before this and I never really thought of how many good ways there were to cook high protien and veggie meals. Eating clean helped me prepare for the V-Diet in ways I could never imagine.

I really feel like I could stay on it longer than the 28 days, just because it frees up my time. No shopping for food, no restaurants…It’s a great time saver.

The food choices you make today will shape your tommorrow. Take it from a 53 year old insulin dependent type 2 diabetic. Cut the crap out now and do youself a HUGE favor.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
lokiau wrote:

That mentality is a set up for failure and non-compliance my friend.[/quote]

I know its probably not the best mental frame, however i Like to think like that because it gives me power. The fact i can control my self makes me feel stronger better and more confident.

[quote]lokiau wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
lokiau wrote:

I know its probably not the best mental frame, however i Like to think like that because it gives me power. The fact i can control my self makes me feel stronger better and more confident.[/quote]

Can you hadoken?

And before you reply i would like to add that when i say i deprive myself im not going from a bad diet to a clean diet. I am going to a clean diet to a cleaner one.

Junk food doesn’t even come into my thought process as a food option anymore.

I am talikng about going from a chicken salad roll to a chicken salad. Not from a big mac to a chesse burger.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
lokiau wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
lokiau wrote:

I know its probably not the best mental frame, however i Like to think like that because it gives me power. The fact i can control my self makes me feel stronger better and more confident.

Can you hadoken?

[/quote]

Not yet but im working on it lol