How Can You Be Sure?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
stringer wrote:
so I ask you, why is this country so strongly against a performance enhancing,and health promoting drug, yet drugs that will cut your life span directly and cause illness are promoted?

Money

Lobbyists [/quote]

Correct. That and a media that has ceased to act as a watchdog and instead focuses on making money. Obviously the free market system runs on self interest and the need to turn a profit is applicable to the media. However, the media seems to have sold out it’s patriotic duty for more profit.

In addition, it cannot be disputed (intelligently at least) that money buys you access and that access in turn will get you votes. If you do watch the part in Bigger, Stronger, Faster you will see the congressman who is a prime example of how lobbying works. Senator dumbass is antiAAS use because he was given perks to proclaim that view. Personally, I am very glad he is not representing me because he’s so fucking stupid that he doesn’t even know the legal age to consume alcohol.

I believe it was Winston Churchill that said the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter…well sometimes it’s a five minute conversation with the average legislator.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
stringer wrote:
so I ask you, why is this country so strongly against a performance enhancing,and health promoting drug, yet drugs that will cut your life span directly and cause illness are promoted?

Money

Lobbyists [/quote]

correct the all mighty dollar.

lets put it this way.

A man goes in to the doc, hes in his 30s complains about loss of motivation, no sex drive,feeling tired all the time just not feeling human.

2 things he can run blood panels and show hes hormones are out of whack.
he goes on TRT problem fixed,he then has to pay for his periodic blood tests and hes meds.

or the doc can claim depression put him on psych meds, he had horrible side effects so comes back to the doc has new office visits and ge ta new med.
this one does not work and it goes on and on for years until he gets on a med that he gets hooked on and then thats the fix because by that time he has felt like crap for so long any relief is good.

theres more money in attempting to fix a syomptom then there is in fixing the problem.
if you fix the problem then that person does not come back.

[quote]stringer wrote:
MaddyD wrote:

thanks for the reply.

what is your own opinion on the question you have posed:

[/quote]

An absolutely essential question - in my country the government makes billiions on the taxes on cigarettes and alcohol so to a certain extent it has to keep that shit legal. Its that simple and no other explanation is plausible.

Its not a war on drugs/steroids - its a war on personal freedom. period.

This is inaccurate IMO. Modern day medicine is based on fixing symptoms. Sometimes we have something that ‘cures’ the symptoms of the problem, sometimes we have something that cures the cause of the symptom and sometimes we get it wrong… it is often trial and error. This is evident as soon as one trains in any of the healing practices - myself, just sports therapy.

Don’t get me wrong, it is a business like any other… but a doctor wont misdiagnose in order to delay the healing process… this is not how the ‘business’ works… even in a country as fundamentally corrupt as ‘The US of A’.

It works by the drug companies ‘ensuring’ the right drugs are sold in the event of a certain symptom. So say for example i worked as a drug rep (i nearly did actually), my area may include blood pressure and diabetic meds… i would do whatever was in my (aggressive) sales ability to make sure the doctors and hospitals i visit use my product over another firms product.

I would up-sell the on and off label use of the drugs in question and advise when it can be used - often distorting data from the trials that would have been questionable in their results to begin with (think GSK - I fucking hate that company, but i do know that most large pharms are the same).

In response to bonez question - it is simple. Enjoyment and popularity. It is much more common for a 40 year old male to be harbouring some dormant form of heart disease and stifling an out of control alcohol addiction than it is to have one that is a bodybuilder - i would class these as two extremes… except in this country (UK) it is part of the culture to drink in excess - so the majority of people drink to excess, and this leads (over time) to the addiction and health problems associated with long term alcohol abuse.
I digress.
The thing is, people want to get fucked, they want to get high, they want to forget how they wasted thir pathetic little lives, about their last affair, about their ungrateful and spoilt kids. They need to forget what we are SUPPOSED to be doing (running, jumping, fucking, hunting) and forget that we are all dulled by extreme consumerism and riddled with depression.
Is it a coincidence that the happiest and most productive minded people are regular exercisers? Nope. The natural endorphins supplied by the activities of the active are an absolute MUST for human life, but our culture doesnt surround it - it surrounds using external sources of chemical high - in the majority Cocaine, Alcohol, Caffeine and Nicotine.

Governments (realistically actually - money makes THIS shit-hole of a world go round) naturally cash in on this - we have strived for a ‘high society’ based on the potential intellect of cultures - but have ended up depressing our very souls.

That’s what i believe anyway… i fucking despise humans, and what’s worse is - i am just as flawed, selfish and egotistical as the next.