How Can I Turn Off Screen-Reader Mode?

I somehow enabled screen-reader mode and can’t figure out how to turn it off. It’s cool that these accessibility features exist but I don’t want or need them. I’ve gone through my profile and the keyboard shortcuts but can’t seem to find anything.

Potentially relevant info:
Browser: Chrome 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Screenshot, for reference:

Yes please! For some reason I have managed to do the same. Since then the forum is lagging, making it almost impossible to surf. This reply has taken me 3 mins to write. Help!

Can you see this little guy in the corner? Have you tried the reset button?

I only use my phone so I don’t know anything about other devices. Sorry.

2 Likes

^ This is what fixed it for me.

2 Likes

So that worked for me on mobile but i still had an issue on my Mac because that little figure doesn’t exist there. I figured out a solution that I’ll post here so hopefully the next person can avoid this.

What you need to do is open the developer console, so that you can Empty Cache and Hard Reload, the following is only relevant for Chrome. I can debug other situations/browsers if someone needs help but I’m not going to do it before it’s necessary.

In chrome press cmd + shift + c (macOS) or ctrl + shift + i (Windows or Ubuntu 18.04) this should open the console
Right click the page reload button you should have 3 options (shown below) choose the bottom one, Empty Cache and Hard Reload.

1 Like

I am having the same problem, but do not see that image on the bottom Right.

What are you using the site on? I’m on an iPhone, using Safari. Not sure if it’s any different for other devices.

I’m on an iPhone on safari as well. I see the image on my laptop, not iPhone though.

I see it on Safari on my iPhone 11, weird. Might be worth clearing website data, these instructions might help

Thanks for the tips! Cleared website data in Safari on the iPhone and it worked.

1 Like

FYI the little guy does not exist in Chrome on Android. I had to clear website data as well.

Would be nice if they could put him on there.

1 Like