How Can I Lower My Voice?

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Start smoking 5 pack of day of camels. That will give you a very deep and gravelly voice, regardless of gender![/quote]

Thats what I was thinking. You could start with the patch, work backward, and be at a pack a day in no time.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
Dude, are you my roommate?

You know, the one who is always singing Michael Jackson in the shower? Who I caught singing to a girl downstairs one time in a high pitched gay voice proclaiming your undying love after only knowing her for 5 days? The one who bought the guitar just to learn one song in a pathetic attempt to pick up chicks? And the one who reported me to the office of housing for talking in my sleep?

Yea, you sound like that bitch.[/quote]

Now that was just cruel.

As long as you don’t sound like Mike Tyson, you should be okay.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
Dude, are you my roommate?

You know, the one who is always singing Michael Jackson in the shower? Who I caught singing to a girl downstairs one time in a high pitched gay voice proclaiming your undying love after only knowing her for 5 days? The one who bought the guitar just to learn one song in a pathetic attempt to pick up chicks? And the one who reported me to the office of housing for talking in my sleep?

Yea, you sound like that bitch.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this roommate thing some sort of movie reference?

Drink, smoke and get strepthroat a few times. Nothing will abuse the old vocal cords better than that.

“How Can I Lower My Voice?”

Walk on your hands.

:slight_smile:

[quote]vroom wrote:
Drink, smoke and get strepthroat a few times. Nothing will abuse the old vocal cords better than that.[/quote]

Allergies, I highly recommend allergies.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
chadwickc2 wrote:
I’m a pretty masculine guy […] Genetically I’m high pitched as a 12 year old. This is especially problematic whenever I sing songs or yell.

There’s something not quite right about what you said…when I figure it out, I’ll let you know.[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha!!!

You’re a pussy and you’re probably gay.

Just accept it. Everybody here will tell you that there’s nothing wrong with being a gay pussy. Let that empower you!

Don’t let Bushitler and his Nazi thugs make you be somone you’re not!

Wimps are people too!

Embrace who you are. BE-WHO-YOU-ARE!

Wait. Were you serious?

[quote]chadwickc2 wrote:
I’m a pretty masculine guy, in great shape and, I often get comments about my looks.

I have one significant problem in dating arena though, my voice. Genetically I’m high pitched as a 12 year old. This is especially problematic whenever I sing songs or yell.

[/quote]

What songs do you like to sing? Maybe you’re just trying to sing the wrong one’s, eh? “I AM Woman”, “I am EVERY Woman”, “(You Make Me Feel) Like a Natural Woman”, “Girls Just Want To Have Fun”, or “Billy Jean”. Any of those could suit you. Try them out at parties. See what works.

Or just sing a tune when you’re - say - pumping gas. Say they’re playing “I Feel Like a Woman”. Sing along! Get into the music. Let Shania MOVE YOU! Let the people HEAR you, man! Shout it out! “My nuts haven’t dropped but I’m still here WORLD! DO YOU HEAR ME!”

The Camels will work just takes too long as does the patch in reverse.

I suggest you go right to the Stephen Hawking voice box. Probably can pick up a deep voice model reasonably.

[quote]T-Bone81 wrote:
As long as you don’t sound like Mike Tyson, you should be okay. [/quote]

Yeah, cause Mike Tyson never pulled any hot chicks… I mean, except for Naomi Campbell and Robin Givens and probably a bunch of others I’m forgetting.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Is this roommate thing some sort of movie reference?[/quote]

Dude, I wish.

[quote]WhiteCaesar wrote:
T-Bone81 wrote:
As long as you don’t sound like Mike Tyson, you should be okay.

Yeah, cause Mike Tyson never pulled any hot chicks… I mean, except for Naomi Campbell and Robin Givens and probably a bunch of others I’m forgetting.

[/quote]

“I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah.”

-Tyson

[quote]Professor X wrote:
In this pic, Alti Bautista, Ronnie Coleman’s girlfriend for the last couple of years, is the one on the right.

If this is the definition of doing poorly in the dating scene, I hope to do just as poorly.

Some of you have some serious issues if you think status and money don’t beat out just about every other trait you put value in yourself.[/quote]

Exactly, guys think that women truly give a shit about their highlights, their forehead shape or whatever else. Women are generally attracted to traits that show some sort of status, dressing nice is not an internal trait and shows status whether or not you are “faking the funk.”

Status, Power, and Money are the biggest attraction, even over Tom Welling good looks as hard as it is to believe. I bet if Smallville’s superman had no personality and was a janitor he may get passing glances but what else? Ronnie may be huge, but you can’t say he doesn’t have status and probably some charm even if he has the voice of a 15 year-old cross country runner.

By the way for you guys who say your voice is so high can you post a audio file, I find it hard to believe.

pull your balls back down out of your stomach.

[quote]EmperialChina wrote:
Professor X wrote:
In this pic, Alti Bautista, Ronnie Coleman’s girlfriend for the last couple of years, is the one on the right.

If this is the definition of doing poorly in the dating scene, I hope to do just as poorly.

Some of you have some serious issues if you think status and money don’t beat out just about every other trait you put value in yourself.

Exactly, guys think that women truly give a shit about their highlights, their forehead shape or whatever else. Women are generally attracted to traits that show some sort of status, dressing nice is not an internal trait and shows status whether or not you are “faking the funk.”

Status, Power, and Money are the biggest attraction, even over Tom Welling good looks as hard as it is to believe. I bet if Smallville’s superman had no personality and was a janitor he may get passing glances but what else? Ronnie may be huge, but you can’t say he doesn’t have status and probably some charm even if he has the voice of a 15 year-old cross country runner.

By the way for you guys who say your voice is so high can you post a audio file, I find it hard to believe.
[/quote]

What? Status, Power and Money are what attract me to guys? Too bad Ive never thought about any of those things when dating guys and Ive dated really great guys, I know a lot of shallow girls that do though. They all love genghis k too giggles I dont know why I thought of that

smoke lots and lots of weed.

or

Be a man. Be proud of who and what you are. Just be yourself.
You don’t need to change your voice to get noticed. The only person that works for is Sean Connery. Besides, if someone thinks you would be really cool “if you just lowered your voice a bit” but doesn’t think your worthy as-is, do you really want to be around someone that shallow?

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Start smoking 5 pack of day of camels. That will give you a very deep and gravelly voice, regardless of gender![/quote]

A fifth of Scotch a day can only help this too.

Seriously, I’ve read about actresses working with voice coaches to get the voice lower for playing men in roles, so apparently this can work.

DB