T Nation

How Can I Improve My Training Results?

My training currently consists of typically something like:

Mon-
squats-as many as i can do in 30 minutes or till my legs are jelly and i cant walk or stand anymore or feel dizzy and have to stop,start with body weight only and go heavier,finish on 1 leg squatts

wed-
deadlifts-similar setup-about as many as i can do in about half an hour starting light and getting heavier,finish with a few sets of pullups(wide grip) till complete failure

fri-
pushups-lots of varieties,jumping,clapping,one arm,wide grip ,close grip,altearnating diagnol,done in same fashion for 30 or 40 minutes or until my arms are jelly and cant do no more

all exercises are done with minimum rest possible

tue-
hill sprints-30-45 min-depending on energy levels

thu-
hill sprints-30-45 min

sat-
hill sprints-30-45 min

sun-sometimes off,sometimes long slow run-60minutes

how could i improve this training and or the results from it?

Im taking test c at 500mg per week ,may increase it to 750 if need be

if your trying to build muscle tissue you could ditch this routine for a start.

In my opinion your overtraining, no, scrap that, stabbing your muscles after the have already bled to death.

[quote]ironmiketyson wrote:

Mon-
squats-as many as i can do in 30 minutes or till my legs are jelly and i cant walk or stand anymore or feel dizzy and have to stop,start with body weight only and go heavier,finish on 1 leg squatts

wed-
deadlifts-similar setup-about as many as i can do in about half an hour starting light and getting heavier,finish with a few sets of pullups(wide grip) till complete failure

fri-
pushups-lots of varieties,jumping,clapping,one arm,wide grip ,close grip,altearnating diagnol,done in same fashion for 30 or 40 minutes or until my arms are jelly and cant do no more

tue-

thu-
hill sprints-30-45 min

sat-
hill sprints-30-45 min

Im taking test c at 500mg per week ,may increase it to 750 if need be[/quote]

Yeah Mike,

It would be impossible to advise what to do to make it “better”, for results, UNTIL we know what you’re after Mike. Repost, let us know what you want ie:strength, hypertrophy, fat loss, endurance,…ok?

Looks like a lot of cns stress though at first glance. Looks interesting, but looks like it could be vastly improved if tweaked good. Essentially it looks like you spend at least 2 days working strength, hyper, and endurance and cardio the rest of the week. Sort of contradictory in some ways imo.

ToneBone

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
ironmiketyson wrote:

Mon-

wed-

fri-

tue-

thu-
hill sprints-30-45 min

sat-
hill sprints-30-45 min

Im taking test c at 500mg per week ,may increase it to 750 if need be

Yeah Mike,

It would be impossible to advise what to do to make it “better”, for results, UNTIL we know what you’re after Mike. Repost, let us know what you want ie:strength, hypertrophy, fat loss, endurance,…ok?

Looks like a lot of cns stress though at first glance. Looks interesting, but looks like it could be vastly improved if tweaked good. Essentially it looks like you spend at least 2 days working strength, hyper, and endurance and cardio the rest of the week. Sort of contradictory in some ways imo.

ToneBone[/quote]

Im trying to gain mass/muscle but not at the expense of being too out of breath to get up the stairs,im currently trainiing in boxing and dont wanna be a punchbag becoz i have no lung power in the ring

I realise the routine has problems and im open to any ideas anybody may have on how to make it better

I have another 6/7 weeks on cycle and would like to maximise gains as this is a first cycle so im prepared to cut out the cardio if needs be and follow directions becoz i dont wanna finish a cycle without significant gains

I also live the life of a student at the moment so i have plenty of time to dedicate to training
anything i forgot to mention just ask
thanks to the lads who replied already.

[quote]testanabol wrote:
if your trying to build muscle tissue you could ditch this routine for a start.

In my opinion your overtraining, no, scrap that, stabbing your muscles after the have already bled to death.

[/quote]

I agree, scrap this nonsense. I give you an A for effort but it takes some planning and structure to create a truly effective training protocol.

Looks like a Crossfit program. If you want muscle, you should be employing a bodybuilding program. There is a huge difference and this difference accounts for the reason you are not getting the results you want (even though you are on cycle!).

I have been getting results but would like to maximise them as much as possible for the next 7 weeks as the gear is just aout kicking in i think
should i cut out all the running and just do
heavy compound lifts for the rest of the program?

Not giving any kind of advice about gear-use, but as far as the training, looks fairly good if your goal is endurance, some strength and a bit of fat loss with NO weight gain.

Seems to be a reasonable training protocol for boxing or mma.

However, I would train maybe two weeks like this (overreaching) then back off quite a bit for one to two weeks, then resume the same type of training for another two weeks. Then maybe a different program for a while.

IF your goal has nothing to do with gaining weight, and IF you’re after endurance and some strength only.

But without the backoff weeks your gonna break yourself WAY down before long.

Im going to cut the running down to once or twice a week and see what happens

Im going to cut the running down to once or twice a week and see what happens[/quote]

Why does this have to be spelled out for you? Go the the archives of this website or use google. Choose a BODYBUILDING program if your goal is bigger muscles, or choose a POWERLIFTING program if your goal is strength. Christian Thibaudeau has some great ones of the former, and the West Side Barbell programs are great for the latter. Your program has a lot more problems than just the running. I highly doubt you are getting much in the way of gains from your current program, and I can see now why you were so adamant in defending Jake on his thread. And, I don’t believe you when you say you “are” getting results because if you really were you wouldn’t have posed this question in the first place.

Simply stated, your “program” sucks.

PM World, hope he is in a good mood
And your sorted, or else do some work for yourself and pick a program

[quote]Corkonian wrote:
PM World, hope he is in a good mood
And your sorted, or else do some work for yourself and pick a program[/quote]

Thanks Cork, and yes I am, but this might just be too big of a project for me, lol.

Now, to the OP, if you want results then ditch this shit altogether and figure out something with a goal in mind, this is just bullshit and pointless.

World

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

OP, what’s your body fat % currently? If it’s greater than 10%, then your program might not be so bad…If you have enough fat, then you can cut fat without cutting muscle (while on gear).

Im trying to gain mass/muscle but not at the expense of being too out of breath to get up the stairs,im currently trainiing in boxing and dont wanna be a punchbag becoz i have no lung power in the ring

I realise the routine has problems and im open to any ideas anybody may have on how to make it better

I have another 6/7 weeks on cycle and would like to maximise gains as this is a first cycle so im prepared to cut out the cardio if needs be and follow directions becoz i dont wanna finish a cycle without significant gains

I also live the life of a student at the moment so i have plenty of time to dedicate to training
anything i forgot to mention just ask
thanks to the lads who replied already.

[/quote]

I’m almost speechless.

American football players use steroids. They run fucking fast and have endurance up the ying yang. Oh, and they’re fucking big.

Now, what the hell are you going on about? Getting winded going up stairs? Sounds like you’ve bought in on the “mass is bad for you” hype.

Just quit your cycle and start PCT. With a training program like that, you don’t have the first clue as to why you should even be doing a cycle.

Crossfit while on steroids. That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Lift heavy shit four, five times a week for half an hour each day… and THEN do your sparring and other endurance type activities as you would normally. Fuckin’
A.