How Can I Improve My Physique?

[quote]Apothecary wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

Now you’re just pulling nonsense out of thin air. Stop making stuff up and let it go. Or do you really type just to hear yourself hit the keys?[/quote]

I don’t know, I think he actually made his point pretty well. He’s not disagreeing with anyone, he was answering a question. Now, the legitimacy of the original question is certainly…questionable…but to be fair, he did address the OP’s actual query. OP isn’t looking for a lifestyle change, just wants to tweak what he has.

Now, is that wise? Given the pictures, probably not (no offense, OP). He would be better served to build up a solid base before even thinking about tweaking weak spots, since it’s pretty much ALL a weak spot. And that’s what EVERYONE has said. However, the OP was just asking how to tweak now, regardless of how counterproductive that may be in the grand scheme.

It’s understandable to want to guide everyone (especially the misguided but well intentioned) on the iron path, but not everyone wants to hear that or is ready to. Kid just wanted an answer to his question.

We’re really all on the same side here, and Hero clearly has the understanding that we all do about the “right” way to do it. Just went against the grain of tradition of preaching SS and 5/3/1 to beginners.

Also, spit my coffee out at the Ripp-hova’s witness comment. Well played.[/quote]

He horrendously missed when addressing the OP’s situation, then got mad when called out on it.

[quote]
I do having access to dumb bells, kettle bells, rings, pull up bar, dipping station, skipping rope, boxing bag & even a climbing rope. My problem is consistency I think, I’ve noticed a big change in endurance over all since that last thread a year ago. [/quote]

[quote]
The basics here, barbell bench, barbell deadlift, barbell rows and dumbell rows. But I would also throw in and say lat pulls and laterals would be beneficial to your shape, it’ll draw out your shoulders and make you look wider which naturally makes a person’s waist look smaller. [/quote]

[quote]
Okay, so, other than missing a barbell, you have everything you need to follow a good program. For a twice a week plan, consider something like this:
http://www.T-Nation.com/...e.do?id=5329089
It’s a framework that you should be able to fill in with intelligent exercise choices. [/quote]

Which one of the last two responses is appropriate given the info given on the trainee??

[quote]Apothecary wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

Yeah but what he’s pissed off about is his exchange with Chris. Bringing up some rippetoe cult is, again, irrelevant to the issue. This guy loves his strawmen.

[/quote]

Right, there are definitely rustled jimmies on all sides. Just saying that at the end of the day, most everyone is in agreement on how to correctly train for an ideal physique. However, that’s kinda not what the OP wants, so it devolved into a convoluted name calling fest once some of those obvious and basic tenets of training weren’t adhered to in the answer.[/quote]

Agreed. Which makes one appreciate even more how Chris painstakingly quoted and provided solutions for each of the OP’s issues according to his specific situation.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

Agreed. Which makes one appreciate even more how Chris painstakingly quoted and provided solutions for each of the OP’s issues according to his specific situation.
[/quote]

Right? I don’t know how Chris has that much patience, especially when so many people come and post under the guise of looking for advice, when they really only want validation that their crazy diet/split/whatever “is totally legit, bro”.

I do love when he takes the gloves off and digs up 2 or 3 previous posts by those jackwagons that all contradict each other.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Generally dismissive douchebaggery? Not sure what you’re reading, but in this thread I’ve seen the majority of replies being pretty useful input with minimal ball-busting. And that’s even with red flags like “tone”, “vegan”, and “bodyweight exercise”. This kid has gotten some great advice from a few different people.

I saw your post as overlooking multiple already-stated facts about this dude. He’s a rank beginner who looks like he’s barely ever trained (no offense, AF), but you’re suggesting fine-tuning certain bodyparts.

He doesn’t have a barbell, but you’re suggesting a focus on barbell exercises. He’s a vegan, but you’re suggesting the importance of non-vegan food sources and you’re asserting some inaccurate points about a vegan diet (such as protein and fat sources).

[quote]herofit wrote:
But then, welcome to the TNation forums, right?[/quote]
Pretty much. Although the Beginners forum is where we wear the kid gloves. If you thought this was harsh, you’re in for a bumpy ride in BSL and GAL.[/quote]

Lol or make your way over to the Steroids section some time

Get a barbell and some plates.
Eat in a caloric surplus.
Train heavy weight low reps (1-5).
Get plenty of recovery.
Train compound lifts.
Learn proper execution of the lifts.
Stay away from isolation exercises (ex: curls, tricep extensions, etc.)

Mass and strength comes from heavy compound movements under a caloric surplus and getting plenty of sleep. Do that for about 5 years and you will get noticed for sure. If you think you need anything more than what I’ve listed, you have no business training for size and strength until you master these fundamentals.

You SHOULD also read this:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_big_5_of_getting_big&cr=

OP, you have some seriously strong guys in here giving you solid advice.

Don’t waste this opportunity.

Hey OP,

nobody really addressed this in detail (though CC mentioned it), but one thing that I think is a good question to ask is what’s up with your maintaining weight requirement? Are you involved in a sport with weight classes? If so, what sport is it? Also, do you have to make weight only for comps, or do you have to maintain weight in-season/year round? How averse to getting heavier are you? If you have some room to gain, how much wiggle room are we talking about?

I only ask because these are things that might affect your training protocol. It will be a lot easier to gain a few lbs and lose fat later than try and recomp your way to a good body, if possible.

Eat more and start lifting heavy weights.