How Can I Convince My 66Y/O Dad to Get on TRT?

Should I ask him how he’s feeling to guage if fluctuations are affecting him and to tell him talk to his doc/speclialist? If he started just Wednesday with first 200mg shot when should I ask?

I’m happy for him and interested to see his progress over next few weeks what are the biggest things he’ll notice(he’s 67 so different than my experience I think) soon?

If he’s being treated by an appropriately-trained medical professional, you should stay out of it. For damn sure you shouldn’t degrade the therapeutic alliance he has with his doc based on the whims of faceless internet ‘experts.’

True…except this thing is about…if general practitioners are “appropriately trained” for TRT…My general doc(my dad’s TRT doc) personally told me long ago he went over it briefly in medical school and that’s it.

But you’re correct…the doc will ask him in upcoming appointments if everything is okay so far and go from there. I’m just hypothetically speaking about future …it’s too early right now

1 Like

Please say it ain’t so. At this point you might as well give it a try though since he’s already signed up for it… maybe it will work for him. I just hate to see him put off on TRT if it ends up being too seldom. I’d give it 8 weeks or so to see.

Lol I forgot what fluctuations feel like…when j started in 2018…I was doing 100mg every Friday for first 3 months…all I remember was that beginning of week felt more up and positive in terms of feeling and production, etc but idk words to describe it

I personally wouldn’t want every 2 weeks…I offered to injected him twice a week if he lets Dr. prescribe to him but he wants to do them at the office the doctor does prescribe it cause I had same doc for TRT before I started going to

His first 200mg shot was 6/3. So far when I ask him if anything is different he says he’s not as tired. Random question…he has type 2 diabetes and takes metformin. Apparently diabetes medicine makes patients lose weight and I’ve noticed over the last 10 years my dad frame has got smaller…smaller bone density and muscle loss. He’s 5’10" 187lbs I think but looked better closer to 200lbs. Will this TRT help to no longer lose muscle/bone?

How do you “know” he has lost bone density?

I think he mentioned bone density test …I know for sure he lost muscle

That’s the idea with many men. If he is eating well and exercising, doing resistance training, he’ll gain muscle and his bones will benefit.

You cannot force that on him. The best thing you can do is to share how well you feel and other people as well so he gets the idea by himself.
Have you watched the movie Inception?