How Big is Too Big?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
This to me is about ideal, Dan Green one of the best powerlifters to ever live…also an amazing physique.

The density is unreal.

I believe he is around 230-240 here.

Dez would know better than me.[/quote]

His delts almost look syntholed they stand out so much.[/quote]

That is synthol…and I try to stay away from that debate.[/quote]

LOL Horseshit…oil has ZERO benefit for powerlifting, of which green is a 3x world record holder.

Hahaha you are such a fun troll.

But really, the question isn’t “what is ideal to you”…it is really just “what is TOO BIG”…FOR YOU…FOR SOCIETY…FOR YOUR PARENTS…FOR YOUR GIRL AND WHY?
[/quote]

To answer your question…Kai Green and the rest of those bloated, wheezing monsters are too big.

Thats why bodybuilders have such a reputation, it’s all about who has the best timed cycle…not who has the best work ethic.

If one synthol comment derails this whole thread, it is no one’s fault but those who take it there.

This thread isn’t about posting pics of your personal ideal.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

But really, the question isn’t “what is ideal to you”…it is really just “what is TOO BIG”…FOR YOU…FOR SOCIETY…FOR YOUR PARENTS…FOR YOUR GIRL AND WHY?

[/quote]

To answer your question…Kai Green and the rest of those bloated, wheezing monsters are too big.

Thats why bodybuilders have such a reputation, it’s all about who has the best timed cycle…not who has the best work ethic.[/quote]

This guy is pro.

He is “bloated”? Wheezing?

This thread isn’t about posting pics of your personal ideal. [/quote]

Please clarify what it is about. The OP wasn’t very clear.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
This to me is about ideal, Dan Green one of the best powerlifters to ever live…also an amazing physique.

The density is unreal.

The dude in the picture is synth or in general you meant?

If one synthol comment derails this whole thread, it is no one’s fault but those who take it there.

I answered your question, care to explain how sytholol has ruined aesthetic physiques and turned these guys into retarded looking cartoons?

Or maybe just apologize for talking out your ass about what you don’t have a clue about.

Or maybe move this to…Oh I don’t know…the BODYBUILDING section?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

I answered your question, care to explain how sytholol has ruined aesthetic physiques and turned these guys into retarded looking cartoons?

Or maybe just apologize for talking out your ass about what you don’t have a clue about.

Or maybe move this to…Oh I don’t know…the BODYBUILDING section?[/quote]

D-D-D-D-D-DERAIL.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[/quote]

Thats why bodybuilders have such a reputation, it’s all about who has the best timed cycle…not who has the best work ethic.[/quote]

This guy is pro.

He is “bloated”? Wheezing?
[/quote]

Don’t know…if he relaxes his pose for 5 seconds or tries to climb a flight of stairs we could see.

Also, since he is not on the mega mass train, his chances of winning as a pro are zero.

I would hope I am wrong tho.

And I thought you said this was about society…

[quote]furo wrote:

Please clarify what it is about. The OP wasn’t very clear.
[/quote]

I did clarify…posts above this one.

Real talk…are you all following the actual discussion?

Once again:

Lama bounce.

[quote]brandon76 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

The density is unreal.

The dude in the picture is synth or in general you meant?
[/quote]

The dude is a powerlifter…oil has ZERO benefit for him.

X swung and missed.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

Don’t know…if he relaxes his pose for 5 seconds or tries to climb a flight of stairs we could see.

Also, since he is not on the mega mass train, his chances of winning as a pro are zero.

I would hope I am wrong tho.

And I thought you said this was about society…[/quote]

What does climbing stairs have to do with this? He looks like h can’t climb stairs?

He just won his pro card. He seems to be doing just fine.

You said the pros are bloated and wheezing…when they all don’t seem to be…so again, are you able to contribute to the actual discussion or not?

This is exactly like the full house/bodyfat issue. The answer is 100% up to the individual and it’s an opinion. But, of course, people are still going to argue the “right” and “wrong” answers.

To me… “too big” is the point at which the negatives outweigh the positives. (No pun intended)

The negatives that would influence my decision would include, but aren’t limited to: Increased difficulty performing other activities (from bike riding with my gal to playing paintball to practicing BJJ to sleeping comfortably), knee pain from increased stress (I have a family history of bad knees), and reduced desire to eat enough to maintain bodyweight.

The positives that would influence my decision would include, but aren’t limited to: Being large/taking up a lot of space (“big” at 6’2" is different than “big” at 5’7"), feeling “filled out” rather than skinny/smaller, often being the most muscular person in the room, seeing “success” reflected in the mirror/tape measure.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
This is exactly like the full house/bodyfat issue. The answer is 100% up to the individual and it’s an opinion. But, of course, people are still going to argue the “right” and “wrong” answers.

To me… “too big” is the point at which the negatives outweigh the positives. (No pun intended)

The negatives that would influence my decision would include, but aren’t limited to: Increased difficulty performing other activities (from bike riding with my gal to playing paintball to practicing BJJ to sleeping comfortably), knee pain from increased stress (I have a family history of bad knees), and reduced desire to eat enough to maintain bodyweight.

The positives that would influence my decision would include, but aren’t limited to: Being large/taking up a lot of space (“big” at 6’2" is different than “big” at 5’7"), feeling “filled out” rather than skinny/smaller, often being the most muscular person in the room, seeing “success” reflected in the mirror/tape measure.[/quote]

Good post Chris.

I would say that pro bodybuilders would be too big for 99.9% of society.

Not that there is anything wrong with looking like that…but the drug cycles these guys are on has just moved the extreme physiques to the next level of lunacy.

And for X…I posted that picture of Dan to show what I consider to be the upper limit of what the gen pop would consider desirable.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
This is exactly like the full house/bodyfat issue. The answer is 100% up to the individual and it’s an opinion. But, of course, people are still going to argue the “right” and “wrong” answers.[/quote]

Actually, this one is geared more towards what it seen as “too big” by society or what is seen as “too big” for you to live a “good” life.

Always…but you are willing to sacrifice for things you truly care about…so are those who do sacrifice more doing it wrong?

Question…don’t many NFL players see the same?

I think for me it has to do with proportions. From a bodybuilding standpoint, I think when the waist starts to get thick and you lose the Y in favor of the X. Most of the guys today I think are to big. Flex Wheeler comes to mind as the upper end of acceptable size for me. But that has as much to do with how he carried his muscle as anything. Of the more current pros, Shawn Roden may be my favorite proportioned contestant.

As far as the non-competitive, I think that any time size is effecting quality of life (shortness of breath, general discomfort or the like) then that is too big.

Question…don’t many NFL players see the same?
[/quote]

I’m sure they do, but if the question is about society at large, I’d guess that many people see a lot of NFL players as “too big”.