How Big Is a Natural Bodybuilder?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

There are a lot of people here worried about limits…when there are very few ever getting anywhere near them.[/quote]

Who said anything about limits here?[/quote]

One poster here went into how much someone can weigh in contest shape naturally…which is an issue some have taken as some extremely defined line in the sand…and yes, there are other posters who have now been convinced that “200” is some absolute limit and that no one can gain more than that.

I cold honestly care less what someone older believes…but I do not like newbs being told what they can’t do…especially considering how few ever get anywhere near it as it is.

Did that answer your question?
[/quote]

Yep. Don’t think anyone was setting limits on this guy, just giving him an idea of what a typical natural bodybuilder weighs/looks like in contest condition.

The problem with calipers is that they cannot measure intramuscular fat. Because of this, it’s damn near impossible for someone cutting for their fist time to know where they will end up at. I found this out for myself. I measured 8% on calipers at 231lbs. I expected to drop down to a ripped 210-212 for my show. I’m 6 weeks out and 207lbs, looking at squeezing my way down a class at 198lbs. I held a lot more fat in my torso then the calipers measured. Went from a 33" waist (still had a 6-pack) to currently having a 29" waist. Every other measurement has stayed virtually the same. I must have had a nice layer of fat under my abs.

A caliper measured 15% 240 would put you dropping down below 200lbs easy. How will you compare? All depends on the shape of your structure. It’s not about your size, it’s about your shape. Especially with natty shows.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

There are a lot of people here worried about limits…when there are very few ever getting anywhere near them.[/quote]

One poster here went into how much someone can weigh in contest shape naturally…which is an issue some have taken as some extremely defined line in the sand…and yes, there are other posters who have now been convinced that “200” is some absolute limit and that no one can gain more than that.

I cold honestly care less what someone older believes…but I do not like newbs being told what they can’t do…especially considering how few ever get anywhere near it as it is.

[/quote]

Yep. Don’t think anyone was setting limits on this guy, just giving him an idea of what a typical natural bodybuilder weighs/looks like in contest condition.[/quote]

Right…but “typical” has slowly changed into “no one can do it”. Big difference.

to the OP…post pics. If you have a 36in waist at 7% then you have a terrible structure. ppl with big bones dont make good bb’er/

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

[/quote]

Yep. Don’t think anyone was setting limits on this guy, just giving him an idea of what a typical natural bodybuilder weighs/looks like in contest condition.[/quote]

Right…but “typical” has slowly changed into “no one can do it”. Big difference.[/quote]

Agree with that big time…people need to throw out the idea of limits…this is a sport of extremes and of how far you can push yourself.

[quote]rickycranford wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how big are natural bodybuilders on average? [/quote]

Well, every time I look at the one in my mirror he looks pretty damn enormous.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how big are natural bodybuilders on average? [/quote]

Well, every time I look at the one in my mirror he looks pretty damn enormous.

S
[/quote]

Look at this guy over here with the two pro cards letting the fame get to his head…

lol :slight_smile:

S

Thanks, any input is greatly appreciated[/quote]

If I compare you to your age range, high school teen athletes; your pretty normal for the hardworking teen that eats enough. I don’t think I’d compare you to a bodybuilder right now.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
lol :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

Where’s that HintonShawn guy? He will put you in your place.

Did the OP say he got his body-fat tested by his father every month and then in the next post mentions that he never met his father?

Maybe he has an abuser who forces the poor kid to call him daddy.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Did the OP say he got his body-fat tested by his father every month and then in the next post mentions that he never met his father?[/quote]

I assumed his father that tested his BF was a step father and the one that he never met was his biological father?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Did the OP say he got his body-fat tested by his father every month and then in the next post mentions that he never met his father?[/quote]

I assumed his father that tested his BF was a step father and the one that he never met was his biological father?[/quote]

That is correct. I’ve been calling him dad for as long as I remember. I dont know my biological father at all

This was an interesting article I read from Martin Berkhan on the muscular potential of drug free bodybuilders

[quote]Random Weights wrote:
This was an interesting article I read from Martin Berkhan on the muscular potential of drug free bodybuilders
[/quote]

Interesting read. I find, for me at least, talking about limits like this does two bad things. For one, it assumes we’ve seen it all. Perhaps we’ve seen a fair amount, granted, but we haven’t seen everything (even assuming, as that paper does, “average” genetics).

The second thing, which is worse, is that it creates a mental ceiling. Do we really want to set limits on ourselves (even a subconscious one)? There’s a difference between this and “being realistic”. The latter acknowledges limited means (having a family, work duties, etc) which someone will have to learn to work around, the former limits the end.

[quote]enrac wrote:

[/quote]

Interesting read. I find, for me at least, talking about limits like this does two bad things. For one, it assumes we’ve seen it all. Perhaps we’ve seen a fair amount, granted, but we haven’t seen everything (even assuming, as that paper does, “average” genetics).

The second thing, which is worse, is that it creates a mental ceiling. Do we really want to set limits on ourselves (even a subconscious one)? There’s a difference between this and “being realistic”. The latter acknowledges limited means (having a family, work duties, etc) which someone will have to learn to work around, the former limits the end.

[/quote]

Nice post I agree.

Do any of you think Ezekiel Jackson from the WWE is natural? The reason I ask is because the WWE implemented a strict Well-Being Programme against drug use in the company. They recently suspended a 198lb high flying Mexican named Sin Cara for testing positive for steroids and violating their drug code.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

[quote]enrac wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice post I agree.

Do any of you think Ezekiel Jackson from the WWE is natural? The reason I ask is because the WWE implemented a strict Well-Being Programme against drug use in the company. They recently suspended a 198lb high flying Mexican named Sin Cara for testing positive for steroids and violating their drug code. [/quote]

I think he is. Imagine what Mark Henry would look the same way if he weighed around 290 or 280.

I’ve seen big ass 340+ offensive linemen finish college ball and shred up in a couple years afterwards.

In high school a dude I wrestled against at our rival scool walked around off seaon at 335 and dropped to 270 and looked like a monster.

Yeah there are some freaks out there for sure.

OP if this is something you really want to do then go for it. Who knows what you can achieve when you go all in?!